Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
  1. Forside
  2. Ikke-kategoriseret
  3. The stairs in the foyer of Rådhuset is my favourite stairs.

The stairs in the foyer of Rådhuset is my favourite stairs.

Planlagt Fastgjort Låst Flyttet Ikke-kategoriseret
stairsaarhus
52 Indlæg 16 Posters 0 Visninger
  • Ældste til nyeste
  • Nyeste til ældste
  • Most Votes
Svar
  • Svar som emne
Login for at svare
Denne tråd er blevet slettet. Kun brugere med emne behandlings privilegier kan se den.
  • ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

    The stairs in the foyer of Rådhuset is my favourite stairs. (This is the Fediverse, so I assume everyone has a favourite stairs.) Aside from the design, I like the way it frames Aarhus City Hall’s foundation stone.

    I thought I knew it well, but only learnt this week that there’s a time capsule buried beneath it. A lead pipe with documents, coins and newspapers of the day. Laid in 1938. Little knowing that Nazis would be occupying the city before construction was finished.

    #Stairs
    #Aarhus

    ciarani@mastodon.greenC This user is from outside of this forum
    ciarani@mastodon.greenC This user is from outside of this forum
    ciarani@mastodon.green
    wrote sidst redigeret af
    #2

    If you think I only have one photo of the stairs inside city hall, then you have another toot coming.

    liebach@mastodon.artL ronanmcd@mastodon.greenR aces_funhouse@kinkycats.orgA ciarani@mastodon.greenC cazmockett@mastodon.socialC 6 Replies Last reply
    0
    • ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

      If you think I only have one photo of the stairs inside city hall, then you have another toot coming.

      liebach@mastodon.artL This user is from outside of this forum
      liebach@mastodon.artL This user is from outside of this forum
      liebach@mastodon.art
      wrote sidst redigeret af
      #3

      @CiaraNi Only 1 other toot? Disappointing.

      ciarani@mastodon.greenC 1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

        If you think I only have one photo of the stairs inside city hall, then you have another toot coming.

        ronanmcd@mastodon.greenR This user is from outside of this forum
        ronanmcd@mastodon.greenR This user is from outside of this forum
        ronanmcd@mastodon.green
        wrote sidst redigeret af
        #4

        @CiaraNi as ever, your photos of Denmark (along with my own from this summer) make me wonder why I'm back in Ireland and not over there!

        ciarani@mastodon.greenC 1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • liebach@mastodon.artL liebach@mastodon.art

          @CiaraNi Only 1 other toot? Disappointing.

          ciarani@mastodon.greenC This user is from outside of this forum
          ciarani@mastodon.greenC This user is from outside of this forum
          ciarani@mastodon.green
          wrote sidst redigeret af
          #5

          @liebach I suspect I'm about to not resist posting a few more. I never have the discipline to stop.

          liebach@mastodon.artL 1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

            If you think I only have one photo of the stairs inside city hall, then you have another toot coming.

            aces_funhouse@kinkycats.orgA This user is from outside of this forum
            aces_funhouse@kinkycats.orgA This user is from outside of this forum
            aces_funhouse@kinkycats.org
            wrote sidst redigeret af
            #6

            @CiaraNi these stairs are definitely worth multiple photos!😍

            ciarani@mastodon.greenC 1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • ronanmcd@mastodon.greenR ronanmcd@mastodon.green

              @CiaraNi as ever, your photos of Denmark (along with my own from this summer) make me wonder why I'm back in Ireland and not over there!

              ciarani@mastodon.greenC This user is from outside of this forum
              ciarani@mastodon.greenC This user is from outside of this forum
              ciarani@mastodon.green
              wrote sidst redigeret af
              #7

              @ronanmcd Yeah but on the other hand, there's no Tayto and nobody thanks the bus driver and if you say 'ah tanks but no tanks, I can't stop, am flying, oh ok just half a cup, but I won't take me coat off' while you take your coat off and settle in at the kitchen table for three hours, they look at you funny.

              psneeze@mastodon.ieP 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • aces_funhouse@kinkycats.orgA aces_funhouse@kinkycats.org

                @CiaraNi these stairs are definitely worth multiple photos!😍

                ciarani@mastodon.greenC This user is from outside of this forum
                ciarani@mastodon.greenC This user is from outside of this forum
                ciarani@mastodon.green
                wrote sidst redigeret af
                #8

                @aces_funhouse It's beautiful architecture. The whole building (which is listed) is incredible - every tiny architectural element thought through.

                aces_funhouse@kinkycats.orgA 1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

                  @ronanmcd Yeah but on the other hand, there's no Tayto and nobody thanks the bus driver and if you say 'ah tanks but no tanks, I can't stop, am flying, oh ok just half a cup, but I won't take me coat off' while you take your coat off and settle in at the kitchen table for three hours, they look at you funny.

                  psneeze@mastodon.ieP This user is from outside of this forum
                  psneeze@mastodon.ieP This user is from outside of this forum
                  psneeze@mastodon.ie
                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                  #9

                  @CiaraNi They have much to learn. @ronanmcd

                  ciarani@mastodon.greenC 1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • psneeze@mastodon.ieP psneeze@mastodon.ie

                    @CiaraNi They have much to learn. @ronanmcd

                    ciarani@mastodon.greenC This user is from outside of this forum
                    ciarani@mastodon.greenC This user is from outside of this forum
                    ciarani@mastodon.green
                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                    #10

                    @psneeze @ronanmcd They do, they do

                    ronanmcd@mastodon.greenR 1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

                      @aces_funhouse It's beautiful architecture. The whole building (which is listed) is incredible - every tiny architectural element thought through.

                      aces_funhouse@kinkycats.orgA This user is from outside of this forum
                      aces_funhouse@kinkycats.orgA This user is from outside of this forum
                      aces_funhouse@kinkycats.org
                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                      #11

                      @CiaraNi oh....I wish I'd been there to see it in person too! I love this kind of thing!😍

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

                        @psneeze @ronanmcd They do, they do

                        ronanmcd@mastodon.greenR This user is from outside of this forum
                        ronanmcd@mastodon.greenR This user is from outside of this forum
                        ronanmcd@mastodon.green
                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                        #12

                        @CiaraNi @psneeze I think it's the dogs' dirt on the footpaths, and standards only existing notionally I'd miss the most😂

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

                          If you think I only have one photo of the stairs inside city hall, then you have another toot coming.

                          ciarani@mastodon.greenC This user is from outside of this forum
                          ciarani@mastodon.greenC This user is from outside of this forum
                          ciarani@mastodon.green
                          wrote sidst redigeret af
                          #13

                          Such a beautiful public space.

                          reynir@social.data.coopR 1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

                            The stairs in the foyer of Rådhuset is my favourite stairs. (This is the Fediverse, so I assume everyone has a favourite stairs.) Aside from the design, I like the way it frames Aarhus City Hall’s foundation stone.

                            I thought I knew it well, but only learnt this week that there’s a time capsule buried beneath it. A lead pipe with documents, coins and newspapers of the day. Laid in 1938. Little knowing that Nazis would be occupying the city before construction was finished.

                            #Stairs
                            #Aarhus

                            leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.euL This user is from outside of this forum
                            leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.euL This user is from outside of this forum
                            leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.eu
                            wrote sidst redigeret af
                            #14

                            @CiaraNi One take and I was lucky - not necessarily my favorite stairs, because there is too much poignancy to the whole building, but striking in its appearance nonetheless.

                            Main stairs at the Stasi headquarters in Berlin.

                            leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.euL ciarani@mastodon.greenC jonlord@mastodon.worldJ 3 Replies Last reply
                            0
                            • leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.euL leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.eu

                              @CiaraNi One take and I was lucky - not necessarily my favorite stairs, because there is too much poignancy to the whole building, but striking in its appearance nonetheless.

                              Main stairs at the Stasi headquarters in Berlin.

                              leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.euL This user is from outside of this forum
                              leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.euL This user is from outside of this forum
                              leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.eu
                              wrote sidst redigeret af
                              #15

                              @CiaraNi And yes, current favorite staircase: back staircase in the Postsparkasse building in Vienna. I had to be a bit sneaky to take my photo.

                              #FavoriteStaircases

                              ciarani@mastodon.greenC 1 Reply Last reply
                              0
                              • leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.euL leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.eu

                                @CiaraNi And yes, current favorite staircase: back staircase in the Postsparkasse building in Vienna. I had to be a bit sneaky to take my photo.

                                #FavoriteStaircases

                                ciarani@mastodon.greenC This user is from outside of this forum
                                ciarani@mastodon.greenC This user is from outside of this forum
                                ciarani@mastodon.green
                                wrote sidst redigeret af
                                #16

                                @leonieke Great shot

                                leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.euL 1 Reply Last reply
                                0
                                • ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

                                  @leonieke Great shot

                                  leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.euL This user is from outside of this forum
                                  leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.euL This user is from outside of this forum
                                  leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.eu
                                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                                  #17

                                  @CiaraNi Thanks!

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  0
                                  • leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.euL leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.eu

                                    @CiaraNi One take and I was lucky - not necessarily my favorite stairs, because there is too much poignancy to the whole building, but striking in its appearance nonetheless.

                                    Main stairs at the Stasi headquarters in Berlin.

                                    ciarani@mastodon.greenC This user is from outside of this forum
                                    ciarani@mastodon.greenC This user is from outside of this forum
                                    ciarani@mastodon.green
                                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                                    #18

                                    @leonieke Great composition. Captures the atmosphere of that place - I visited it years ago and it still sticks with me.

                                    leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.euL 1 Reply Last reply
                                    0
                                    • ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

                                      @leonieke Great composition. Captures the atmosphere of that place - I visited it years ago and it still sticks with me.

                                      leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.euL This user is from outside of this forum
                                      leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.euL This user is from outside of this forum
                                      leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.eu
                                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                                      #19

                                      @CiaraNi Yes, it's been on my mind off and on as well: I left it feeling very subdued.

                                      ciarani@mastodon.greenC 1 Reply Last reply
                                      0
                                      • leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.euL leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.eu

                                        @CiaraNi Yes, it's been on my mind off and on as well: I left it feeling very subdued.

                                        ciarani@mastodon.greenC This user is from outside of this forum
                                        ciarani@mastodon.greenC This user is from outside of this forum
                                        ciarani@mastodon.green
                                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                                        #20

                                        @leonieke Subdued. That's it. It's a very particular kind of subdued, flat awfulness-residue.

                                        leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.euL 1 Reply Last reply
                                        0
                                        • jwcph@helvede.netJ jwcph@helvede.net shared this topic
                                        • ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

                                          @leonieke Subdued. That's it. It's a very particular kind of subdued, flat awfulness-residue.

                                          leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.euL This user is from outside of this forum
                                          leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.euL This user is from outside of this forum
                                          leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.eu
                                          wrote sidst redigeret af
                                          #21

                                          @CiaraNi That residue made me feel a bit dirty as well for looking at this horrible history with fascination.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          0
                                          Svar
                                          • Svar som emne
                                          Login for at svare
                                          • Ældste til nyeste
                                          • Nyeste til ældste
                                          • Most Votes


                                          • Log ind

                                          • Login or register to search.
                                          Powered by NodeBB Contributors
                                          Graciously hosted by data.coop
                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Hjem
                                          • Seneste
                                          • Etiketter
                                          • Populære
                                          • Verden
                                          • Bruger
                                          • Grupper