Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
  1. Forside
  2. Ikke-kategoriseret
  3. The stairs in the foyer of Rådhuset is my favourite stairs.

The stairs in the foyer of Rådhuset is my favourite stairs.

Planlagt Fastgjort Låst Flyttet Ikke-kategoriseret
stairsaarhus
39 Indlæg 14 Posters 0 Visninger
  • Ældste til nyeste
  • Nyeste til ældste
  • Most Votes
Svar
  • Svar som emne
Login for at svare
Denne tråd er blevet slettet. Kun brugere med emne behandlings privilegier kan se den.
  • ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

    @aces_funhouse It's beautiful architecture. The whole building (which is listed) is incredible - every tiny architectural element thought through.

    aces_funhouse@kinkycats.orgA This user is from outside of this forum
    aces_funhouse@kinkycats.orgA This user is from outside of this forum
    aces_funhouse@kinkycats.org
    wrote sidst redigeret af
    #11

    @CiaraNi oh....I wish I'd been there to see it in person too! I love this kind of thing!😍

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

      @psneeze @ronanmcd They do, they do

      ronanmcd@mastodon.greenR This user is from outside of this forum
      ronanmcd@mastodon.greenR This user is from outside of this forum
      ronanmcd@mastodon.green
      wrote sidst redigeret af
      #12

      @CiaraNi @psneeze I think it's the dogs' dirt on the footpaths, and standards only existing notionally I'd miss the most😂

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

        If you think I only have one photo of the stairs inside city hall, then you have another toot coming.

        ciarani@mastodon.greenC This user is from outside of this forum
        ciarani@mastodon.greenC This user is from outside of this forum
        ciarani@mastodon.green
        wrote sidst redigeret af
        #13

        Such a beautiful public space.

        reynir@social.data.coopR 1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

          The stairs in the foyer of Rådhuset is my favourite stairs. (This is the Fediverse, so I assume everyone has a favourite stairs.) Aside from the design, I like the way it frames Aarhus City Hall’s foundation stone.

          I thought I knew it well, but only learnt this week that there’s a time capsule buried beneath it. A lead pipe with documents, coins and newspapers of the day. Laid in 1938. Little knowing that Nazis would be occupying the city before construction was finished.

          #Stairs
          #Aarhus

          leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.euL This user is from outside of this forum
          leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.euL This user is from outside of this forum
          leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.eu
          wrote sidst redigeret af
          #14

          @CiaraNi One take and I was lucky - not necessarily my favorite stairs, because there is too much poignancy to the whole building, but striking in its appearance nonetheless.

          Main stairs at the Stasi headquarters in Berlin.

          leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.euL ciarani@mastodon.greenC jonlord@mastodon.worldJ 3 Replies Last reply
          0
          • leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.euL leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.eu

            @CiaraNi One take and I was lucky - not necessarily my favorite stairs, because there is too much poignancy to the whole building, but striking in its appearance nonetheless.

            Main stairs at the Stasi headquarters in Berlin.

            leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.euL This user is from outside of this forum
            leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.euL This user is from outside of this forum
            leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.eu
            wrote sidst redigeret af
            #15

            @CiaraNi And yes, current favorite staircase: back staircase in the Postsparkasse building in Vienna. I had to be a bit sneaky to take my photo.

            #FavoriteStaircases

            ciarani@mastodon.greenC 1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.euL leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.eu

              @CiaraNi And yes, current favorite staircase: back staircase in the Postsparkasse building in Vienna. I had to be a bit sneaky to take my photo.

              #FavoriteStaircases

              ciarani@mastodon.greenC This user is from outside of this forum
              ciarani@mastodon.greenC This user is from outside of this forum
              ciarani@mastodon.green
              wrote sidst redigeret af
              #16

              @leonieke Great shot

              leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.euL 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

                @leonieke Great shot

                leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.euL This user is from outside of this forum
                leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.euL This user is from outside of this forum
                leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.eu
                wrote sidst redigeret af
                #17

                @CiaraNi Thanks!

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.euL leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.eu

                  @CiaraNi One take and I was lucky - not necessarily my favorite stairs, because there is too much poignancy to the whole building, but striking in its appearance nonetheless.

                  Main stairs at the Stasi headquarters in Berlin.

                  ciarani@mastodon.greenC This user is from outside of this forum
                  ciarani@mastodon.greenC This user is from outside of this forum
                  ciarani@mastodon.green
                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                  #18

                  @leonieke Great composition. Captures the atmosphere of that place - I visited it years ago and it still sticks with me.

                  leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.euL 1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

                    @leonieke Great composition. Captures the atmosphere of that place - I visited it years ago and it still sticks with me.

                    leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.euL This user is from outside of this forum
                    leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.euL This user is from outside of this forum
                    leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.eu
                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                    #19

                    @CiaraNi Yes, it's been on my mind off and on as well: I left it feeling very subdued.

                    ciarani@mastodon.greenC 1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.euL leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.eu

                      @CiaraNi Yes, it's been on my mind off and on as well: I left it feeling very subdued.

                      ciarani@mastodon.greenC This user is from outside of this forum
                      ciarani@mastodon.greenC This user is from outside of this forum
                      ciarani@mastodon.green
                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                      #20

                      @leonieke Subdued. That's it. It's a very particular kind of subdued, flat awfulness-residue.

                      leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.euL 1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • jwcph@helvede.netJ jwcph@helvede.net shared this topic
                      • ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

                        @leonieke Subdued. That's it. It's a very particular kind of subdued, flat awfulness-residue.

                        leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.euL This user is from outside of this forum
                        leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.euL This user is from outside of this forum
                        leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.eu
                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                        #21

                        @CiaraNi That residue made me feel a bit dirty as well for looking at this horrible history with fascination.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

                          If you think I only have one photo of the stairs inside city hall, then you have another toot coming.

                          cazmockett@mastodon.socialC This user is from outside of this forum
                          cazmockett@mastodon.socialC This user is from outside of this forum
                          cazmockett@mastodon.social
                          wrote sidst redigeret af
                          #22

                          @CiaraNi oooh, I love the first one. But I bet keeping that handrail clean is a bit of a 'mare.

                          ciarani@mastodon.greenC 1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

                            The stairs in the foyer of Rådhuset is my favourite stairs. (This is the Fediverse, so I assume everyone has a favourite stairs.) Aside from the design, I like the way it frames Aarhus City Hall’s foundation stone.

                            I thought I knew it well, but only learnt this week that there’s a time capsule buried beneath it. A lead pipe with documents, coins and newspapers of the day. Laid in 1938. Little knowing that Nazis would be occupying the city before construction was finished.

                            #Stairs
                            #Aarhus

                            blotosmetek@circumstances.runB This user is from outside of this forum
                            blotosmetek@circumstances.runB This user is from outside of this forum
                            blotosmetek@circumstances.run
                            wrote sidst redigeret af
                            #23

                            @CiaraNi #Stairs Antoni Gaudi, Casa Batlló, Barcelona.

                            ciarani@mastodon.greenC 1 Reply Last reply
                            0
                            • cazmockett@mastodon.socialC cazmockett@mastodon.social

                              @CiaraNi oooh, I love the first one. But I bet keeping that handrail clean is a bit of a 'mare.

                              ciarani@mastodon.greenC This user is from outside of this forum
                              ciarani@mastodon.greenC This user is from outside of this forum
                              ciarani@mastodon.green
                              wrote sidst redigeret af
                              #24

                              @cazmockett And it's always spotless in there, everywhere. Fair play to the cleaning staff.

                              cazmockett@mastodon.socialC 1 Reply Last reply
                              0
                              • blotosmetek@circumstances.runB blotosmetek@circumstances.run

                                @CiaraNi #Stairs Antoni Gaudi, Casa Batlló, Barcelona.

                                ciarani@mastodon.greenC This user is from outside of this forum
                                ciarani@mastodon.greenC This user is from outside of this forum
                                ciarani@mastodon.green
                                wrote sidst redigeret af
                                #25

                                @blotosmetek That's quite a stairs!

                                blotosmetek@circumstances.runB 1 Reply Last reply
                                0
                                • ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

                                  @cazmockett And it's always spotless in there, everywhere. Fair play to the cleaning staff.

                                  cazmockett@mastodon.socialC This user is from outside of this forum
                                  cazmockett@mastodon.socialC This user is from outside of this forum
                                  cazmockett@mastodon.social
                                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                                  #26

                                  @CiaraNi you almost feel like you need to go in there wearing cotton gloves 😅

                                  ciarani@mastodon.greenC 1 Reply Last reply
                                  0
                                  • ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

                                    @blotosmetek That's quite a stairs!

                                    blotosmetek@circumstances.runB This user is from outside of this forum
                                    blotosmetek@circumstances.runB This user is from outside of this forum
                                    blotosmetek@circumstances.run
                                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                                    #27

                                    @CiaraNi I wish I had a better photo – unfortunately it's hard to get a take from below. The whole site is absolutely beatiful – a true contender to the more famous Gaudi's work, La Sagrada Familia, only much smaller (it is a city house). See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casa_Batll%C3%B3
                                    #Gaudi

                                    ciarani@mastodon.greenC 1 Reply Last reply
                                    0
                                    • leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.euL leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.eu

                                      @CiaraNi One take and I was lucky - not necessarily my favorite stairs, because there is too much poignancy to the whole building, but striking in its appearance nonetheless.

                                      Main stairs at the Stasi headquarters in Berlin.

                                      jonlord@mastodon.worldJ This user is from outside of this forum
                                      jonlord@mastodon.worldJ This user is from outside of this forum
                                      jonlord@mastodon.world
                                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                                      #28

                                      @leonieke @CiaraNi

                                      Great shot - a chill runs down my spine after reading your description of the building’s history
                                      👏

                                      leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.euL 1 Reply Last reply
                                      0
                                      • ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

                                        The stairs in the foyer of Rådhuset is my favourite stairs. (This is the Fediverse, so I assume everyone has a favourite stairs.) Aside from the design, I like the way it frames Aarhus City Hall’s foundation stone.

                                        I thought I knew it well, but only learnt this week that there’s a time capsule buried beneath it. A lead pipe with documents, coins and newspapers of the day. Laid in 1938. Little knowing that Nazis would be occupying the city before construction was finished.

                                        #Stairs
                                        #Aarhus

                                        wolfgangcramer@fediscience.orgW This user is from outside of this forum
                                        wolfgangcramer@fediscience.orgW This user is from outside of this forum
                                        wolfgangcramer@fediscience.org
                                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                                        #29

                                        @CiaraNi
                                        How about Pomo in Trondheim?

                                        ciarani@mastodon.greenC 1 Reply Last reply
                                        0
                                        • cazmockett@mastodon.socialC cazmockett@mastodon.social

                                          @CiaraNi you almost feel like you need to go in there wearing cotton gloves 😅

                                          ciarani@mastodon.greenC This user is from outside of this forum
                                          ciarani@mastodon.greenC This user is from outside of this forum
                                          ciarani@mastodon.green
                                          wrote sidst redigeret af
                                          #30

                                          @cazmockett Funny enough, it doesn't feel like that when you are standing in the actual space. You feel respect for the surroundings, absolutely. Yet it's also a very 'lived-in' public space with people wandering in, out and about all the time. There are ordinary council offices, the council chamber, the registry office and often pop-up exhibitions in the foyer. And many visitors on sight-seeing visits. It's both a special and an everyday space at the same time. Quite an architectural feat!

                                          cazmockett@mastodon.socialC 1 Reply Last reply
                                          0
                                          Svar
                                          • Svar som emne
                                          Login for at svare
                                          • Ældste til nyeste
                                          • Nyeste til ældste
                                          • Most Votes


                                          • Log ind

                                          • Login or register to search.
                                          Powered by NodeBB Contributors
                                          Graciously hosted by data.coop
                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Hjem
                                          • Seneste
                                          • Etiketter
                                          • Populære
                                          • Verden
                                          • Bruger
                                          • Grupper