Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
  1. Forside
  2. Ikke-kategoriseret
  3. The stairs in the foyer of Rådhuset is my favourite stairs.

The stairs in the foyer of Rådhuset is my favourite stairs.

Planlagt Fastgjort Låst Flyttet Ikke-kategoriseret
stairsaarhus
53 Indlæg 16 Posters 0 Visninger
  • Ældste til nyeste
  • Nyeste til ældste
  • Most Votes
Svar
  • Svar som emne
Login for at svare
Denne tråd er blevet slettet. Kun brugere med emne behandlings privilegier kan se den.
  • ciarani@mastodon.greenC This user is from outside of this forum
    ciarani@mastodon.greenC This user is from outside of this forum
    ciarani@mastodon.green
    wrote sidst redigeret af
    #44

    @Chris 'Levitating benches' - that never struck me. Yes, they do look like they're levitating from some angles. I think the mounting mechanism is slightly more visible in this photo. Those architects were amazing.

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • reynir@social.data.coopR reynir@social.data.coop

      @CiaraNi is that brass bowl a drinking fountain? I don't think it's connected (though I never inspected it that closely). Interesting choice to disconnect it but still leave it in place huh

      ciarani@mastodon.greenC This user is from outside of this forum
      ciarani@mastodon.greenC This user is from outside of this forum
      ciarani@mastodon.green
      wrote sidst redigeret af
      #45

      @reynir Yes, the brass drinking fountain is a Hans Wegner design. I wonder when it was last connected. I think leaving it in place is the right choice - it's stunning.

      reynir@social.data.coopR 1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

        If you think I only have one photo of the stairs inside city hall, then you have another toot coming.

        devils_rancher@beige.partyD This user is from outside of this forum
        devils_rancher@beige.partyD This user is from outside of this forum
        devils_rancher@beige.party
        wrote sidst redigeret af
        #46

        @CiaraNi Those are amazing, and you’ve got me thinking about stairs. I don’t have a photo, but it’s 115 irregular steps from the parking lot up to the top of Mt. Bonnell here in Austin, which provides a sweeping 360° view of the city and hill country to the west, so I am fond of those steps.

        ciarani@mastodon.greenC 1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • devils_rancher@beige.partyD devils_rancher@beige.party

          @CiaraNi Those are amazing, and you’ve got me thinking about stairs. I don’t have a photo, but it’s 115 irregular steps from the parking lot up to the top of Mt. Bonnell here in Austin, which provides a sweeping 360° view of the city and hill country to the west, so I am fond of those steps.

          ciarani@mastodon.greenC This user is from outside of this forum
          ciarani@mastodon.greenC This user is from outside of this forum
          ciarani@mastodon.green
          wrote sidst redigeret af
          #47

          @Devils_Rancher I just looked Mt. Bonnell up on Wikimedia and wow, I can see why you're fond of the place and the steps. Gorgeous landscape, amazing view!

          devils_rancher@beige.partyD 1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

            @Devils_Rancher I just looked Mt. Bonnell up on Wikimedia and wow, I can see why you're fond of the place and the steps. Gorgeous landscape, amazing view!

            devils_rancher@beige.partyD This user is from outside of this forum
            devils_rancher@beige.partyD This user is from outside of this forum
            devils_rancher@beige.party
            wrote sidst redigeret af
            #48

            @CiaraNi We have temperate winters only interspersed with cold snaps. So one of my favorite Christmas memories was when me and a good friend were both at loose ends due to families being out of town, so we bought a six pack, climbed up on the roof of that gazebo and celebrated a breezy but sunny day.

            ciarani@mastodon.greenC 1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • devils_rancher@beige.partyD devils_rancher@beige.party

              @CiaraNi We have temperate winters only interspersed with cold snaps. So one of my favorite Christmas memories was when me and a good friend were both at loose ends due to families being out of town, so we bought a six pack, climbed up on the roof of that gazebo and celebrated a breezy but sunny day.

              ciarani@mastodon.greenC This user is from outside of this forum
              ciarani@mastodon.greenC This user is from outside of this forum
              ciarani@mastodon.green
              wrote sidst redigeret af
              #49

              @Devils_Rancher That is such a lovely memory, both the situation and the place.

              devils_rancher@beige.partyD 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

                The stairs in the foyer of Rådhuset is my favourite stairs. (This is the Fediverse, so I assume everyone has a favourite stairs.) Aside from the design, I like the way it frames Aarhus City Hall’s foundation stone.

                I thought I knew it well, but only learnt this week that there’s a time capsule buried beneath it. A lead pipe with documents, coins and newspapers of the day. Laid in 1938. Little knowing that Nazis would be occupying the city before construction was finished.

                #Stairs
                #Aarhus

                tg_esq@mastodon.onlineT This user is from outside of this forum
                tg_esq@mastodon.onlineT This user is from outside of this forum
                tg_esq@mastodon.online
                wrote sidst redigeret af
                #50

                @CiaraNi
                Those are beautiful stairs. And I love how you've photographed them, so that each photo looks to me like a completely different set of stairs.
                (Now I have to think about stairs I have known...)

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

                  @Devils_Rancher That is such a lovely memory, both the situation and the place.

                  devils_rancher@beige.partyD This user is from outside of this forum
                  devils_rancher@beige.partyD This user is from outside of this forum
                  devils_rancher@beige.party
                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                  #51

                  @CiaraNi It’s also where I first spotted comet Pan Starrs. I managed to get one of the earliest images of it in N America despite the city lights, because I’m stubborn and stuck it out after everyone else called it a scrub and bailed out.

                  https://flic.kr/p/e2iAp7

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

                    @reynir Yes, the brass drinking fountain is a Hans Wegner design. I wonder when it was last connected. I think leaving it in place is the right choice - it's stunning.

                    reynir@social.data.coopR This user is from outside of this forum
                    reynir@social.data.coopR This user is from outside of this forum
                    reynir@social.data.coop
                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                    #52

                    @CiaraNi yea no I'm not arguing they should remove it. I just wonder what the thought process was. "Let's remove the water, but keep the water fountain as a monument for a time when drinking water was accessible to the public"

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    1
                    0
                    • cazmockett@mastodon.socialC cazmockett@mastodon.social

                      @wolfgangcramer @CiaraNi oooh! I might be visiting Trondheim next year. This is funky! 💛

                      wolfgangcramer@fediscience.orgW This user is from outside of this forum
                      wolfgangcramer@fediscience.orgW This user is from outside of this forum
                      wolfgangcramer@fediscience.org
                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                      #53

                      @cazmockett
                      I liked the exhibition of photos from Catherine Opie, particularly in combination with the videos by Kate Kunath, quite a lot.

                      "Mountains Don't Know Their Names"

                      https://pomo.no/hvaskjer/catherine-opie

                      @CiaraNi

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • reynir@social.data.coopR reynir@social.data.coop shared this topic
                      Svar
                      • Svar som emne
                      Login for at svare
                      • Ældste til nyeste
                      • Nyeste til ældste
                      • Most Votes


                      • Log ind

                      • Login or register to search.
                      Powered by NodeBB Contributors
                      Graciously hosted by data.coop
                      • First post
                        Last post
                      0
                      • Hjem
                      • Seneste
                      • Etiketter
                      • Populære
                      • Verden
                      • Bruger
                      • Grupper