Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
  1. Forside
  2. Ikke-kategoriseret
  3. The stairs in the foyer of Rådhuset is my favourite stairs.

The stairs in the foyer of Rådhuset is my favourite stairs.

Planlagt Fastgjort Låst Flyttet Ikke-kategoriseret
stairsaarhus
39 Indlæg 14 Posters 0 Visninger
  • Ældste til nyeste
  • Nyeste til ældste
  • Most Votes
Svar
  • Svar som emne
Login for at svare
Denne tråd er blevet slettet. Kun brugere med emne behandlings privilegier kan se den.
  • ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

    @leonieke Subdued. That's it. It's a very particular kind of subdued, flat awfulness-residue.

    leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.euL This user is from outside of this forum
    leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.euL This user is from outside of this forum
    leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.eu
    wrote sidst redigeret af
    #21

    @CiaraNi That residue made me feel a bit dirty as well for looking at this horrible history with fascination.

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

      If you think I only have one photo of the stairs inside city hall, then you have another toot coming.

      cazmockett@mastodon.socialC This user is from outside of this forum
      cazmockett@mastodon.socialC This user is from outside of this forum
      cazmockett@mastodon.social
      wrote sidst redigeret af
      #22

      @CiaraNi oooh, I love the first one. But I bet keeping that handrail clean is a bit of a 'mare.

      ciarani@mastodon.greenC 1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

        The stairs in the foyer of Rådhuset is my favourite stairs. (This is the Fediverse, so I assume everyone has a favourite stairs.) Aside from the design, I like the way it frames Aarhus City Hall’s foundation stone.

        I thought I knew it well, but only learnt this week that there’s a time capsule buried beneath it. A lead pipe with documents, coins and newspapers of the day. Laid in 1938. Little knowing that Nazis would be occupying the city before construction was finished.

        #Stairs
        #Aarhus

        blotosmetek@circumstances.runB This user is from outside of this forum
        blotosmetek@circumstances.runB This user is from outside of this forum
        blotosmetek@circumstances.run
        wrote sidst redigeret af
        #23

        @CiaraNi #Stairs Antoni Gaudi, Casa Batlló, Barcelona.

        ciarani@mastodon.greenC 1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • cazmockett@mastodon.socialC cazmockett@mastodon.social

          @CiaraNi oooh, I love the first one. But I bet keeping that handrail clean is a bit of a 'mare.

          ciarani@mastodon.greenC This user is from outside of this forum
          ciarani@mastodon.greenC This user is from outside of this forum
          ciarani@mastodon.green
          wrote sidst redigeret af
          #24

          @cazmockett And it's always spotless in there, everywhere. Fair play to the cleaning staff.

          cazmockett@mastodon.socialC 1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • blotosmetek@circumstances.runB blotosmetek@circumstances.run

            @CiaraNi #Stairs Antoni Gaudi, Casa Batlló, Barcelona.

            ciarani@mastodon.greenC This user is from outside of this forum
            ciarani@mastodon.greenC This user is from outside of this forum
            ciarani@mastodon.green
            wrote sidst redigeret af
            #25

            @blotosmetek That's quite a stairs!

            blotosmetek@circumstances.runB 1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

              @cazmockett And it's always spotless in there, everywhere. Fair play to the cleaning staff.

              cazmockett@mastodon.socialC This user is from outside of this forum
              cazmockett@mastodon.socialC This user is from outside of this forum
              cazmockett@mastodon.social
              wrote sidst redigeret af
              #26

              @CiaraNi you almost feel like you need to go in there wearing cotton gloves 😅

              ciarani@mastodon.greenC 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

                @blotosmetek That's quite a stairs!

                blotosmetek@circumstances.runB This user is from outside of this forum
                blotosmetek@circumstances.runB This user is from outside of this forum
                blotosmetek@circumstances.run
                wrote sidst redigeret af
                #27

                @CiaraNi I wish I had a better photo – unfortunately it's hard to get a take from below. The whole site is absolutely beatiful – a true contender to the more famous Gaudi's work, La Sagrada Familia, only much smaller (it is a city house). See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casa_Batll%C3%B3
                #Gaudi

                ciarani@mastodon.greenC 1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.euL leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.eu

                  @CiaraNi One take and I was lucky - not necessarily my favorite stairs, because there is too much poignancy to the whole building, but striking in its appearance nonetheless.

                  Main stairs at the Stasi headquarters in Berlin.

                  jonlord@mastodon.worldJ This user is from outside of this forum
                  jonlord@mastodon.worldJ This user is from outside of this forum
                  jonlord@mastodon.world
                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                  #28

                  @leonieke @CiaraNi

                  Great shot - a chill runs down my spine after reading your description of the building’s history
                  👏

                  leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.euL 1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

                    The stairs in the foyer of Rådhuset is my favourite stairs. (This is the Fediverse, so I assume everyone has a favourite stairs.) Aside from the design, I like the way it frames Aarhus City Hall’s foundation stone.

                    I thought I knew it well, but only learnt this week that there’s a time capsule buried beneath it. A lead pipe with documents, coins and newspapers of the day. Laid in 1938. Little knowing that Nazis would be occupying the city before construction was finished.

                    #Stairs
                    #Aarhus

                    wolfgangcramer@fediscience.orgW This user is from outside of this forum
                    wolfgangcramer@fediscience.orgW This user is from outside of this forum
                    wolfgangcramer@fediscience.org
                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                    #29

                    @CiaraNi
                    How about Pomo in Trondheim?

                    ciarani@mastodon.greenC 1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • cazmockett@mastodon.socialC cazmockett@mastodon.social

                      @CiaraNi you almost feel like you need to go in there wearing cotton gloves 😅

                      ciarani@mastodon.greenC This user is from outside of this forum
                      ciarani@mastodon.greenC This user is from outside of this forum
                      ciarani@mastodon.green
                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                      #30

                      @cazmockett Funny enough, it doesn't feel like that when you are standing in the actual space. You feel respect for the surroundings, absolutely. Yet it's also a very 'lived-in' public space with people wandering in, out and about all the time. There are ordinary council offices, the council chamber, the registry office and often pop-up exhibitions in the foyer. And many visitors on sight-seeing visits. It's both a special and an everyday space at the same time. Quite an architectural feat!

                      cazmockett@mastodon.socialC 1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • blotosmetek@circumstances.runB blotosmetek@circumstances.run

                        @CiaraNi I wish I had a better photo – unfortunately it's hard to get a take from below. The whole site is absolutely beatiful – a true contender to the more famous Gaudi's work, La Sagrada Familia, only much smaller (it is a city house). See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casa_Batll%C3%B3
                        #Gaudi

                        ciarani@mastodon.greenC This user is from outside of this forum
                        ciarani@mastodon.greenC This user is from outside of this forum
                        ciarani@mastodon.green
                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                        #31

                        @blotosmetek Looks like an amazing place.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • wolfgangcramer@fediscience.orgW wolfgangcramer@fediscience.org

                          @CiaraNi
                          How about Pomo in Trondheim?

                          ciarani@mastodon.greenC This user is from outside of this forum
                          ciarani@mastodon.greenC This user is from outside of this forum
                          ciarani@mastodon.green
                          wrote sidst redigeret af
                          #32

                          @wolfgangcramer Great stairs, great shots!

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

                            The stairs in the foyer of Rådhuset is my favourite stairs. (This is the Fediverse, so I assume everyone has a favourite stairs.) Aside from the design, I like the way it frames Aarhus City Hall’s foundation stone.

                            I thought I knew it well, but only learnt this week that there’s a time capsule buried beneath it. A lead pipe with documents, coins and newspapers of the day. Laid in 1938. Little knowing that Nazis would be occupying the city before construction was finished.

                            #Stairs
                            #Aarhus

                            geoffl@mastodon.me.ukG This user is from outside of this forum
                            geoffl@mastodon.me.ukG This user is from outside of this forum
                            geoffl@mastodon.me.uk
                            wrote sidst redigeret af
                            #33

                            @CiaraNi

                            The art deco staircase at Herstmonceux Castle.

                            Or the Elizabethan staircase at Herstmonceux castle.

                            Or the Grinling Gibbons staircase at Herstmonceux Castle. 🙂

                            https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3588675571200634&id=herstmoncastle

                            https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=4709830842418429&id=herstmoncastle

                            https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=5816965455038290&id=herstmoncastle

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            0
                            • ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

                              @cazmockett Funny enough, it doesn't feel like that when you are standing in the actual space. You feel respect for the surroundings, absolutely. Yet it's also a very 'lived-in' public space with people wandering in, out and about all the time. There are ordinary council offices, the council chamber, the registry office and often pop-up exhibitions in the foyer. And many visitors on sight-seeing visits. It's both a special and an everyday space at the same time. Quite an architectural feat!

                              cazmockett@mastodon.socialC This user is from outside of this forum
                              cazmockett@mastodon.socialC This user is from outside of this forum
                              cazmockett@mastodon.social
                              wrote sidst redigeret af
                              #34

                              @CiaraNi interesting. And sad I didn't have newrly enough time in Aarhus to explore more 😃

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              0
                              • ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

                                The stairs in the foyer of Rådhuset is my favourite stairs. (This is the Fediverse, so I assume everyone has a favourite stairs.) Aside from the design, I like the way it frames Aarhus City Hall’s foundation stone.

                                I thought I knew it well, but only learnt this week that there’s a time capsule buried beneath it. A lead pipe with documents, coins and newspapers of the day. Laid in 1938. Little knowing that Nazis would be occupying the city before construction was finished.

                                #Stairs
                                #Aarhus

                                michael@westergaard.socialM This user is from outside of this forum
                                michael@westergaard.socialM This user is from outside of this forum
                                michael@westergaard.social
                                wrote sidst redigeret af
                                #35
                                My favorite stairs are the in in Aarhus University’s main building. Don’t have a picture, but Bing likely does.

                                The building was built during WW2, and the Nazis wanted to take it over as soon as it was finished. To avoid that, they never “finished it,” during the war, but kept adding stairs and tunnels.

                                When the war stopped, they stopped pointless additions, so today there are stairwells leading to nothing but a wall.
                                1 Reply Last reply
                                0
                                • ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

                                  @liebach I suspect I'm about to not resist posting a few more. I never have the discipline to stop.

                                  liebach@mastodon.artL This user is from outside of this forum
                                  liebach@mastodon.artL This user is from outside of this forum
                                  liebach@mastodon.art
                                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                                  #36

                                  @CiaraNi Good. Your favorite stairs are very pleasing to look at.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  0
                                  • jonlord@mastodon.worldJ jonlord@mastodon.world

                                    @leonieke @CiaraNi

                                    Great shot - a chill runs down my spine after reading your description of the building’s history
                                    👏

                                    leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.euL This user is from outside of this forum
                                    leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.euL This user is from outside of this forum
                                    leonieke@squilla.vitaulium.eu
                                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                                    #37

                                    @jonlord @CiaraNi Thanks, yes the building carries its history.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    0
                                    • ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

                                      The stairs in the foyer of Rådhuset is my favourite stairs. (This is the Fediverse, so I assume everyone has a favourite stairs.) Aside from the design, I like the way it frames Aarhus City Hall’s foundation stone.

                                      I thought I knew it well, but only learnt this week that there’s a time capsule buried beneath it. A lead pipe with documents, coins and newspapers of the day. Laid in 1938. Little knowing that Nazis would be occupying the city before construction was finished.

                                      #Stairs
                                      #Aarhus

                                      jbiserkov@mas.toJ This user is from outside of this forum
                                      jbiserkov@mas.toJ This user is from outside of this forum
                                      jbiserkov@mas.to
                                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                                      #38

                                      @CiaraNi
                                      My favorite staircase is in Deutsches museum in Munich - it has a V-2 rocket inside, allowing one to see the rocket up close at multiple levels. Part of the casing is cut away to reveal the propulsion system, fuel tanks, etc.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      0
                                      • folfdk@helvede.netF folfdk@helvede.net shared this topic
                                      • ciarani@mastodon.greenC ciarani@mastodon.green

                                        Such a beautiful public space.

                                        reynir@social.data.coopR This user is from outside of this forum
                                        reynir@social.data.coopR This user is from outside of this forum
                                        reynir@social.data.coop
                                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                                        #39

                                        @CiaraNi is that brass bowl a drinking fountain? I don't think it's connected (though I never inspected it that closely). Interesting choice to disconnect it but still leave it in place huh

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        0
                                        Svar
                                        • Svar som emne
                                        Login for at svare
                                        • Ældste til nyeste
                                        • Nyeste til ældste
                                        • Most Votes


                                        • Log ind

                                        • Login or register to search.
                                        Powered by NodeBB Contributors
                                        Graciously hosted by data.coop
                                        • First post
                                          Last post
                                        0
                                        • Hjem
                                        • Seneste
                                        • Etiketter
                                        • Populære
                                        • Verden
                                        • Bruger
                                        • Grupper