Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
  1. Forside
  2. Ikke-kategoriseret
  3. When Truth and Reconciliation Day first became a paid day off for some people, a friend suggested that as a settler here I should consider giving my day's pay to Indigenous people.

When Truth and Reconciliation Day first became a paid day off for some people, a friend suggested that as a settler here I should consider giving my day's pay to Indigenous people.

Planlagt Fastgjort Låst Flyttet Ikke-kategoriseret
victoriabc
7 Indlæg 5 Posters 0 Visninger
  • Ældste til nyeste
  • Nyeste til ældste
  • Most Votes
Svar
  • Svar som emne
Login for at svare
Denne tråd er blevet slettet. Kun brugere med emne behandlings privilegier kan se den.
  • beandreams@sunny.gardenB This user is from outside of this forum
    beandreams@sunny.gardenB This user is from outside of this forum
    beandreams@sunny.garden
    wrote sidst redigeret af
    #1

    When Truth and Reconciliation Day first became a paid day off for some people, a friend suggested that as a settler here I should consider giving my day's pay to Indigenous people. Seems appropriate, so I do it. Here are some groups on my list in #VictoriaBC , if you want to join in:

    Surrounded by Cedar (preventing Indigenous family separation):
    https://surroundedbycedar.com

    QomQem Indigenous Harm Reduction:
    https://qomqem.com

    W̱SÁNEĆ Lands Trust:
    https://supportlandback.com

    Lekwungen Charitable Society:
    https://lekwungencharitablesociety.ca

    First Peoples' Cultural Foundation (funds language, culture, and heritage revitalization via my employer):
    https://fpcf.ca

    forestine@sunny.gardenF beandreams@sunny.gardenB dillyd@turtleisland.socialD raphaelmorgan@disabled.socialR 4 Replies Last reply
    1
    0
    • beandreams@sunny.gardenB beandreams@sunny.garden

      When Truth and Reconciliation Day first became a paid day off for some people, a friend suggested that as a settler here I should consider giving my day's pay to Indigenous people. Seems appropriate, so I do it. Here are some groups on my list in #VictoriaBC , if you want to join in:

      Surrounded by Cedar (preventing Indigenous family separation):
      https://surroundedbycedar.com

      QomQem Indigenous Harm Reduction:
      https://qomqem.com

      W̱SÁNEĆ Lands Trust:
      https://supportlandback.com

      Lekwungen Charitable Society:
      https://lekwungencharitablesociety.ca

      First Peoples' Cultural Foundation (funds language, culture, and heritage revitalization via my employer):
      https://fpcf.ca

      forestine@sunny.gardenF This user is from outside of this forum
      forestine@sunny.gardenF This user is from outside of this forum
      forestine@sunny.garden
      wrote sidst redigeret af
      #2

      @beandreams there's also https://www.onedayspay.ca/

      beandreams@sunny.gardenB 1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • forestine@sunny.gardenF forestine@sunny.garden

        @beandreams there's also https://www.onedayspay.ca/

        beandreams@sunny.gardenB This user is from outside of this forum
        beandreams@sunny.gardenB This user is from outside of this forum
        beandreams@sunny.garden
        wrote sidst redigeret af
        #3

        @forestine Oh nice!

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • beandreams@sunny.gardenB beandreams@sunny.garden

          When Truth and Reconciliation Day first became a paid day off for some people, a friend suggested that as a settler here I should consider giving my day's pay to Indigenous people. Seems appropriate, so I do it. Here are some groups on my list in #VictoriaBC , if you want to join in:

          Surrounded by Cedar (preventing Indigenous family separation):
          https://surroundedbycedar.com

          QomQem Indigenous Harm Reduction:
          https://qomqem.com

          W̱SÁNEĆ Lands Trust:
          https://supportlandback.com

          Lekwungen Charitable Society:
          https://lekwungencharitablesociety.ca

          First Peoples' Cultural Foundation (funds language, culture, and heritage revitalization via my employer):
          https://fpcf.ca

          beandreams@sunny.gardenB This user is from outside of this forum
          beandreams@sunny.gardenB This user is from outside of this forum
          beandreams@sunny.garden
          wrote sidst redigeret af
          #4

          Another great option that is probably more fun: go spend a bunch of money at a pow wow

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • beandreams@sunny.gardenB beandreams@sunny.garden

            When Truth and Reconciliation Day first became a paid day off for some people, a friend suggested that as a settler here I should consider giving my day's pay to Indigenous people. Seems appropriate, so I do it. Here are some groups on my list in #VictoriaBC , if you want to join in:

            Surrounded by Cedar (preventing Indigenous family separation):
            https://surroundedbycedar.com

            QomQem Indigenous Harm Reduction:
            https://qomqem.com

            W̱SÁNEĆ Lands Trust:
            https://supportlandback.com

            Lekwungen Charitable Society:
            https://lekwungencharitablesociety.ca

            First Peoples' Cultural Foundation (funds language, culture, and heritage revitalization via my employer):
            https://fpcf.ca

            dillyd@turtleisland.socialD This user is from outside of this forum
            dillyd@turtleisland.socialD This user is from outside of this forum
            dillyd@turtleisland.social
            wrote sidst redigeret af
            #5

            @beandreams
            That's a really good idea. I went to withdraw cash today and noticed the bank office is closed, which seems like an odd way to get at truth and reconciliation, by giving a day off to mostly settlers.

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • beandreams@sunny.gardenB beandreams@sunny.garden

              When Truth and Reconciliation Day first became a paid day off for some people, a friend suggested that as a settler here I should consider giving my day's pay to Indigenous people. Seems appropriate, so I do it. Here are some groups on my list in #VictoriaBC , if you want to join in:

              Surrounded by Cedar (preventing Indigenous family separation):
              https://surroundedbycedar.com

              QomQem Indigenous Harm Reduction:
              https://qomqem.com

              W̱SÁNEĆ Lands Trust:
              https://supportlandback.com

              Lekwungen Charitable Society:
              https://lekwungencharitablesociety.ca

              First Peoples' Cultural Foundation (funds language, culture, and heritage revitalization via my employer):
              https://fpcf.ca

              raphaelmorgan@disabled.socialR This user is from outside of this forum
              raphaelmorgan@disabled.socialR This user is from outside of this forum
              raphaelmorgan@disabled.social
              wrote sidst redigeret af
              #6

              @beandreams and because I'm sure there are many who are thinking "I can't afford an unpaid day off, I already can't afford my basic needs": volunteering is also an option! It can be like you're getting paid to help a local Indigenous org, except instead of the org having to pay you, your employer does and the org gets free labor!

              li@tech.lgbtL 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • raphaelmorgan@disabled.socialR raphaelmorgan@disabled.social

                @beandreams and because I'm sure there are many who are thinking "I can't afford an unpaid day off, I already can't afford my basic needs": volunteering is also an option! It can be like you're getting paid to help a local Indigenous org, except instead of the org having to pay you, your employer does and the org gets free labor!

                li@tech.lgbtL This user is from outside of this forum
                li@tech.lgbtL This user is from outside of this forum
                li@tech.lgbt
                wrote sidst redigeret af
                #7

                @raphaelmorgan @beandreams anyone else notice that whenever anyone suggests giving money to something, people get extremely defensive over it? as if you placed some obligation onto them or something >_>

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • jwcph@helvede.netJ jwcph@helvede.net shared this topic
                Svar
                • Svar som emne
                Login for at svare
                • Ældste til nyeste
                • Nyeste til ældste
                • Most Votes


                • Log ind

                • Login or register to search.
                Powered by NodeBB Contributors
                Graciously hosted by data.coop
                • First post
                  Last post
                0
                • Hjem
                • Seneste
                • Etiketter
                • Populære
                • Verden
                • Bruger
                • Grupper