Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
  1. Forside
  2. Ikke-kategoriseret
  3. Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.

Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.

Planlagt Fastgjort Låst Flyttet Ikke-kategoriseret
181 Indlæg 136 Posters 0 Visninger
  • Ældste til nyeste
  • Nyeste til ældste
  • Most Votes
Svar
  • Svar som emne
Login for at svare
Denne tråd er blevet slettet. Kun brugere med emne behandlings privilegier kan se den.
  • mamalake@beige.partyM mamalake@beige.party

    @dlakelan can we build it again?

    mousey@mastodon.seattlematrix.orgM This user is from outside of this forum
    mousey@mastodon.seattlematrix.orgM This user is from outside of this forum
    mousey@mastodon.seattlematrix.org
    wrote sidst redigeret af
    #91

    @MamaLake @dlakelan Yes. Start at your local library, make tech about education, science, and problem solving. Not about money.

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.orgD dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.org

      Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.

      cyberquixote@infosec.exchangeC This user is from outside of this forum
      cyberquixote@infosec.exchangeC This user is from outside of this forum
      cyberquixote@infosec.exchange
      wrote sidst redigeret af
      #92

      @dlakelan what else do you know about me?

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • douglasvb@m.ai6yr.orgD douglasvb@m.ai6yr.org

        @MaryAustinBooks @iakobsdesamos @dlakelan it's been a few years since I've updated my blog but I still host the whole thing back to the early days of personal websites. And you can too!

        Whenever you write can become part of training data sets and you can have some fun with that.

        aleksimanninen@cyberplace.socialA This user is from outside of this forum
        aleksimanninen@cyberplace.socialA This user is from outside of this forum
        aleksimanninen@cyberplace.social
        wrote sidst redigeret af
        #93

        @douglasvb @MaryAustinBooks @iakobsdesamos @dlakelan and with https://marginalia-search.com/ you can find it again. It's so beautiful and strange to see the old web again

        maryaustinbooks@mstdn.socialM ozdreaming@infosec.exchangeO fantasmitaasex@todon.euF 3 Replies Last reply
        0
        • aleksimanninen@cyberplace.socialA aleksimanninen@cyberplace.social

          @douglasvb @MaryAustinBooks @iakobsdesamos @dlakelan and with https://marginalia-search.com/ you can find it again. It's so beautiful and strange to see the old web again

          maryaustinbooks@mstdn.socialM This user is from outside of this forum
          maryaustinbooks@mstdn.socialM This user is from outside of this forum
          maryaustinbooks@mstdn.social
          wrote sidst redigeret af
          #94

          @aleksimanninen Wow! Thank you for posting that.

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.orgD dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.org

            Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.

            alsweigart@mastodon.socialA This user is from outside of this forum
            alsweigart@mastodon.socialA This user is from outside of this forum
            alsweigart@mastodon.social
            wrote sidst redigeret af
            #95

            @dlakelan Tough, but fair.

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.orgD dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.org

              Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.

              perrin42@mastodon.socialP This user is from outside of this forum
              perrin42@mastodon.socialP This user is from outside of this forum
              perrin42@mastodon.social
              wrote sidst redigeret af
              #96

              @dlakelan

              @lauren

              lauren@mastodon.laurenweinstein.orgL 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • perrin42@mastodon.socialP perrin42@mastodon.social

                @dlakelan

                @lauren

                lauren@mastodon.laurenweinstein.orgL This user is from outside of this forum
                lauren@mastodon.laurenweinstein.orgL This user is from outside of this forum
                lauren@mastodon.laurenweinstein.org
                wrote sidst redigeret af
                #97

                @Perrin42 @dlakelan I should have left the UCLA ARPANET IMP (ARPANET Host #1) turned off when I had the chance.

                perrin42@mastodon.socialP 1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.orgD dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.org

                  Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.

                  c0debabe@masto.hackers.townC This user is from outside of this forum
                  c0debabe@masto.hackers.townC This user is from outside of this forum
                  c0debabe@masto.hackers.town
                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                  #98

                  @dlakelan I don't regret helping build the web. I regret letting businesses take it over.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.orgD dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.org

                    Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.

                    crisverstraeten@mastodon.socialC This user is from outside of this forum
                    crisverstraeten@mastodon.socialC This user is from outside of this forum
                    crisverstraeten@mastodon.social
                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                    #99

                    @dlakelan i'm only on here to blame you guys!

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.orgD dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.org

                      Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.

                      yora@mastodon.gamedev.placeY This user is from outside of this forum
                      yora@mastodon.gamedev.placeY This user is from outside of this forum
                      yora@mastodon.gamedev.place
                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                      #100

                      @dlakelan It's an attempt to fork the internet.

                      mrgrumpymonkey@mastodon.socialM 1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.orgD dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.org

                        Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.

                        theb3collective@mastodon.socialT This user is from outside of this forum
                        theb3collective@mastodon.socialT This user is from outside of this forum
                        theb3collective@mastodon.social
                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                        #101

                        @dlakelan Some of us OG's are working on the solution... 😉 TheB3Collective.com

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.orgD dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.org

                          Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.

                          im_dylan@mastodon.socialI This user is from outside of this forum
                          im_dylan@mastodon.socialI This user is from outside of this forum
                          im_dylan@mastodon.social
                          wrote sidst redigeret af
                          #102

                          @dlakelan idk im 31 lol

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • iakobsdesamos@xarxa.cloudI iakobsdesamos@xarxa.cloud

                            @douglasvb @dlakelan don't let capitalism fool you! The web is great, but they stole it from
                            us!

                            im_dylan@mastodon.socialI This user is from outside of this forum
                            im_dylan@mastodon.socialI This user is from outside of this forum
                            im_dylan@mastodon.social
                            wrote sidst redigeret af
                            #103

                            @iakobsdesamos @douglasvb @dlakelan Corporate authoritarianism != Capitalism

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            0
                            • lauren@mastodon.laurenweinstein.orgL lauren@mastodon.laurenweinstein.org

                              @Perrin42 @dlakelan I should have left the UCLA ARPANET IMP (ARPANET Host #1) turned off when I had the chance.

                              perrin42@mastodon.socialP This user is from outside of this forum
                              perrin42@mastodon.socialP This user is from outside of this forum
                              perrin42@mastodon.social
                              wrote sidst redigeret af
                              #104

                              @lauren @dlakelan

                              If you think about it, ChatGPT is all your fault. And AOL. And Geocities. 😆

                              I suppose by that measure, so is Wikipedia. 😉

                              lauren@mastodon.laurenweinstein.orgL 1 Reply Last reply
                              0
                              • dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.orgD dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.org

                                Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.

                                xs4me2@mastodon.socialX This user is from outside of this forum
                                xs4me2@mastodon.socialX This user is from outside of this forum
                                xs4me2@mastodon.social
                                wrote sidst redigeret af
                                #105

                                @dlakelan

                                Can say that again…

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                0
                                • sb@metroholografix.caS sb@metroholografix.ca

                                  @dlakelan
                                  I'm deeply sorry for ALL of the work I did for fortune 500 companies.

                                  mrgrumpymonkey@mastodon.socialM This user is from outside of this forum
                                  mrgrumpymonkey@mastodon.socialM This user is from outside of this forum
                                  mrgrumpymonkey@mastodon.social
                                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                                  #106

                                  @sb @dlakelan Intel, Microsoft, NXP Semiconductors, and government contracts were where I worked. All those projects I worked on. All those people I interacted with. Some of that shit was cool. Now? I sit in a guard shack waving people through. And for some reason, I'm more content than ever. It's a boring job, but someone's gatta do it.

                                  sb@metroholografix.caS 1 Reply Last reply
                                  0
                                  • dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.orgD dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.org

                                    Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.

                                    jigendaisukejr@mastodon.socialJ This user is from outside of this forum
                                    jigendaisukejr@mastodon.socialJ This user is from outside of this forum
                                    jigendaisukejr@mastodon.social
                                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                                    #107

                                    @dlakelan mIRC was awesome....

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    0
                                    • perrin42@mastodon.socialP perrin42@mastodon.social

                                      @lauren @dlakelan

                                      If you think about it, ChatGPT is all your fault. And AOL. And Geocities. 😆

                                      I suppose by that measure, so is Wikipedia. 😉

                                      lauren@mastodon.laurenweinstein.orgL This user is from outside of this forum
                                      lauren@mastodon.laurenweinstein.orgL This user is from outside of this forum
                                      lauren@mastodon.laurenweinstein.org
                                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                                      #108

                                      @Perrin42 @dlakelan If I hadn't turned it back on somebody else would have. Anyway, it kept trying to turn itself back on until I called the NOC and they told me how to turn off the auto-restart function.

                                      perrin42@mastodon.socialP 1 Reply Last reply
                                      0
                                      • disorderlyf@todon.euD disorderlyf@todon.eu

                                        @dlakelan Really wish more than literally one 40+ year old within a reasonable travel distance was on here. I'm tired of explicitly mentioning being a hobbyist programmer and people acting like I'm a stereotypical Amish person for daring to not have a Facebook or Instagram account.

                                        Am I cursed to forever be too distant from the cool people on the internet to hang out IRL?! /hj

                                        mrgrumpymonkey@mastodon.socialM This user is from outside of this forum
                                        mrgrumpymonkey@mastodon.socialM This user is from outside of this forum
                                        mrgrumpymonkey@mastodon.social
                                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                                        #109

                                        @disorderlyf @dlakelan I told a resident, where I work, that I no longer have an Amazon account, and they just rolled their eyes. Expected behavior at this point I suppose. Then there's the folks I tell that I don't use Netflix, or the likes. They ask me how I access that stuff. And I always tell them there's a way, without explicitly saying how. Always get confused looks.

                                        disorderlyf@todon.euD 1 Reply Last reply
                                        0
                                        • dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.orgD dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.org

                                          Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.

                                          ai6yr@m.ai6yr.orgA This user is from outside of this forum
                                          ai6yr@m.ai6yr.orgA This user is from outside of this forum
                                          ai6yr@m.ai6yr.org
                                          wrote sidst redigeret af
                                          #110

                                          @dlakelan 😂

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          0
                                          Svar
                                          • Svar som emne
                                          Login for at svare
                                          • Ældste til nyeste
                                          • Nyeste til ældste
                                          • Most Votes


                                          • Log ind

                                          • Login or register to search.
                                          Powered by NodeBB Contributors
                                          Graciously hosted by data.coop
                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Hjem
                                          • Seneste
                                          • Etiketter
                                          • Populære
                                          • Verden
                                          • Bruger
                                          • Grupper