Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
  1. Forside
  2. Ikke-kategoriseret
  3. Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.

Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.

Planlagt Fastgjort Låst Flyttet Ikke-kategoriseret
181 Indlæg 136 Posters 0 Visninger
  • Ældste til nyeste
  • Nyeste til ældste
  • Most Votes
Svar
  • Svar som emne
Login for at svare
Denne tråd er blevet slettet. Kun brugere med emne behandlings privilegier kan se den.
  • dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.orgD dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.org

    Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.

    crisverstraeten@mastodon.socialC This user is from outside of this forum
    crisverstraeten@mastodon.socialC This user is from outside of this forum
    crisverstraeten@mastodon.social
    wrote sidst redigeret af
    #99

    @dlakelan i'm only on here to blame you guys!

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.orgD dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.org

      Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.

      yora@mastodon.gamedev.placeY This user is from outside of this forum
      yora@mastodon.gamedev.placeY This user is from outside of this forum
      yora@mastodon.gamedev.place
      wrote sidst redigeret af
      #100

      @dlakelan It's an attempt to fork the internet.

      mrgrumpymonkey@mastodon.socialM 1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.orgD dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.org

        Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.

        theb3collective@mastodon.socialT This user is from outside of this forum
        theb3collective@mastodon.socialT This user is from outside of this forum
        theb3collective@mastodon.social
        wrote sidst redigeret af
        #101

        @dlakelan Some of us OG's are working on the solution... 😉 TheB3Collective.com

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.orgD dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.org

          Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.

          im_dylan@mastodon.socialI This user is from outside of this forum
          im_dylan@mastodon.socialI This user is from outside of this forum
          im_dylan@mastodon.social
          wrote sidst redigeret af
          #102

          @dlakelan idk im 31 lol

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • iakobsdesamos@xarxa.cloudI iakobsdesamos@xarxa.cloud

            @douglasvb @dlakelan don't let capitalism fool you! The web is great, but they stole it from
            us!

            im_dylan@mastodon.socialI This user is from outside of this forum
            im_dylan@mastodon.socialI This user is from outside of this forum
            im_dylan@mastodon.social
            wrote sidst redigeret af
            #103

            @iakobsdesamos @douglasvb @dlakelan Corporate authoritarianism != Capitalism

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • lauren@mastodon.laurenweinstein.orgL lauren@mastodon.laurenweinstein.org

              @Perrin42 @dlakelan I should have left the UCLA ARPANET IMP (ARPANET Host #1) turned off when I had the chance.

              perrin42@mastodon.socialP This user is from outside of this forum
              perrin42@mastodon.socialP This user is from outside of this forum
              perrin42@mastodon.social
              wrote sidst redigeret af
              #104

              @lauren @dlakelan

              If you think about it, ChatGPT is all your fault. And AOL. And Geocities. 😆

              I suppose by that measure, so is Wikipedia. 😉

              lauren@mastodon.laurenweinstein.orgL 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.orgD dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.org

                Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.

                xs4me2@mastodon.socialX This user is from outside of this forum
                xs4me2@mastodon.socialX This user is from outside of this forum
                xs4me2@mastodon.social
                wrote sidst redigeret af
                #105

                @dlakelan

                Can say that again…

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • sb@metroholografix.caS sb@metroholografix.ca

                  @dlakelan
                  I'm deeply sorry for ALL of the work I did for fortune 500 companies.

                  mrgrumpymonkey@mastodon.socialM This user is from outside of this forum
                  mrgrumpymonkey@mastodon.socialM This user is from outside of this forum
                  mrgrumpymonkey@mastodon.social
                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                  #106

                  @sb @dlakelan Intel, Microsoft, NXP Semiconductors, and government contracts were where I worked. All those projects I worked on. All those people I interacted with. Some of that shit was cool. Now? I sit in a guard shack waving people through. And for some reason, I'm more content than ever. It's a boring job, but someone's gatta do it.

                  sb@metroholografix.caS 1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.orgD dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.org

                    Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.

                    jigendaisukejr@mastodon.socialJ This user is from outside of this forum
                    jigendaisukejr@mastodon.socialJ This user is from outside of this forum
                    jigendaisukejr@mastodon.social
                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                    #107

                    @dlakelan mIRC was awesome....

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • perrin42@mastodon.socialP perrin42@mastodon.social

                      @lauren @dlakelan

                      If you think about it, ChatGPT is all your fault. And AOL. And Geocities. 😆

                      I suppose by that measure, so is Wikipedia. 😉

                      lauren@mastodon.laurenweinstein.orgL This user is from outside of this forum
                      lauren@mastodon.laurenweinstein.orgL This user is from outside of this forum
                      lauren@mastodon.laurenweinstein.org
                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                      #108

                      @Perrin42 @dlakelan If I hadn't turned it back on somebody else would have. Anyway, it kept trying to turn itself back on until I called the NOC and they told me how to turn off the auto-restart function.

                      perrin42@mastodon.socialP 1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • disorderlyf@todon.euD disorderlyf@todon.eu

                        @dlakelan Really wish more than literally one 40+ year old within a reasonable travel distance was on here. I'm tired of explicitly mentioning being a hobbyist programmer and people acting like I'm a stereotypical Amish person for daring to not have a Facebook or Instagram account.

                        Am I cursed to forever be too distant from the cool people on the internet to hang out IRL?! /hj

                        mrgrumpymonkey@mastodon.socialM This user is from outside of this forum
                        mrgrumpymonkey@mastodon.socialM This user is from outside of this forum
                        mrgrumpymonkey@mastodon.social
                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                        #109

                        @disorderlyf @dlakelan I told a resident, where I work, that I no longer have an Amazon account, and they just rolled their eyes. Expected behavior at this point I suppose. Then there's the folks I tell that I don't use Netflix, or the likes. They ask me how I access that stuff. And I always tell them there's a way, without explicitly saying how. Always get confused looks.

                        disorderlyf@todon.euD 1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.orgD dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.org

                          Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.

                          ai6yr@m.ai6yr.orgA This user is from outside of this forum
                          ai6yr@m.ai6yr.orgA This user is from outside of this forum
                          ai6yr@m.ai6yr.org
                          wrote sidst redigeret af
                          #110

                          @dlakelan 😂

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • yora@mastodon.gamedev.placeY yora@mastodon.gamedev.place

                            @dlakelan It's an attempt to fork the internet.

                            mrgrumpymonkey@mastodon.socialM This user is from outside of this forum
                            mrgrumpymonkey@mastodon.socialM This user is from outside of this forum
                            mrgrumpymonkey@mastodon.social
                            wrote sidst redigeret af
                            #111

                            @yora @dlakelan And I'll try to follow you nerds with the best of my ability.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            0
                            • _ryekdarkener_@mastodon.social_ _ryekdarkener_@mastodon.social

                              @dlakelan

                              Mainly regretting that so many people deliberately decide to become part of the problem and not part of the solution.

                              argonaut@bonn.socialA This user is from outside of this forum
                              argonaut@bonn.socialA This user is from outside of this forum
                              argonaut@bonn.social
                              wrote sidst redigeret af
                              #112

                              @_RyekDarkener_ @dlakelan I'm 60+ and sometimes regret having installed the first webserver @ my University and in the town, and having argued for www instead of gopher. Sheesh, youngsters!

                              _ryekdarkener_@mastodon.social_ 1 Reply Last reply
                              0
                              • lauren@mastodon.laurenweinstein.orgL lauren@mastodon.laurenweinstein.org

                                @Perrin42 @dlakelan If I hadn't turned it back on somebody else would have. Anyway, it kept trying to turn itself back on until I called the NOC and they told me how to turn off the auto-restart function.

                                perrin42@mastodon.socialP This user is from outside of this forum
                                perrin42@mastodon.socialP This user is from outside of this forum
                                perrin42@mastodon.social
                                wrote sidst redigeret af
                                #113

                                @lauren @dlakelan

                                😂

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                0
                                • dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.orgD dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.org

                                  Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.

                                  giroll3@toot.aquilenet.frG This user is from outside of this forum
                                  giroll3@toot.aquilenet.frG This user is from outside of this forum
                                  giroll3@toot.aquilenet.fr
                                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                                  #114

                                  @dlakelan fuck that shit. I will not take the blame for Mark Zuckerberg and friends' bullshit.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  0
                                  • ghostonthehalfshell@masto.aiG ghostonthehalfshell@masto.ai

                                    @douglasvb @dlakelan
                                    Campfires

                                    lnsy_dev@mastodon.socialL This user is from outside of this forum
                                    lnsy_dev@mastodon.socialL This user is from outside of this forum
                                    lnsy_dev@mastodon.social
                                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                                    #115

                                    @GhostOnTheHalfShell @douglasvb @dlakelan zines

                                    falken@social.falkensweb.comF 1 Reply Last reply
                                    0
                                    • dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.orgD dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.org

                                      Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.

                                      tekhne@mamot.frT This user is from outside of this forum
                                      tekhne@mamot.frT This user is from outside of this forum
                                      tekhne@mamot.fr
                                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                                      #116

                                      @dlakelan MASTODON now more than ever !

                                      #fediverse #mastodon

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      0
                                      • mrgrumpymonkey@mastodon.socialM mrgrumpymonkey@mastodon.social

                                        @sb @dlakelan Intel, Microsoft, NXP Semiconductors, and government contracts were where I worked. All those projects I worked on. All those people I interacted with. Some of that shit was cool. Now? I sit in a guard shack waving people through. And for some reason, I'm more content than ever. It's a boring job, but someone's gatta do it.

                                        sb@metroholografix.caS This user is from outside of this forum
                                        sb@metroholografix.caS This user is from outside of this forum
                                        sb@metroholografix.ca
                                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                                        #117

                                        @mrgrumpymonkey @dlakelan
                                        Right on!

                                        I work at a not-for-profit theatre. It's way better in every respect but pay.

                                        mrgrumpymonkey@mastodon.socialM 1 Reply Last reply
                                        0
                                        • dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.orgD dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.org

                                          Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.

                                          kaichen@libranet.deK This user is from outside of this forum
                                          kaichen@libranet.deK This user is from outside of this forum
                                          kaichen@libranet.de
                                          wrote sidst redigeret af
                                          #118
                                          @dlakelan
                                          So true. 🙁
                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          0
                                          Svar
                                          • Svar som emne
                                          Login for at svare
                                          • Ældste til nyeste
                                          • Nyeste til ældste
                                          • Most Votes


                                          • Log ind

                                          • Login or register to search.
                                          Powered by NodeBB Contributors
                                          Graciously hosted by data.coop
                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Hjem
                                          • Seneste
                                          • Etiketter
                                          • Populære
                                          • Verden
                                          • Bruger
                                          • Grupper