Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
  1. Forside
  2. Ikke-kategoriseret
  3. Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.

Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.

Planlagt Fastgjort Låst Flyttet Ikke-kategoriseret
181 Indlæg 136 Posters 0 Visninger
  • Ældste til nyeste
  • Nyeste til ældste
  • Most Votes
Svar
  • Svar som emne
Login for at svare
Denne tråd er blevet slettet. Kun brugere med emne behandlings privilegier kan se den.
  • sb@metroholografix.caS sb@metroholografix.ca

    @dlakelan
    I'm deeply sorry for ALL of the work I did for fortune 500 companies.

    mrgrumpymonkey@mastodon.socialM This user is from outside of this forum
    mrgrumpymonkey@mastodon.socialM This user is from outside of this forum
    mrgrumpymonkey@mastodon.social
    wrote sidst redigeret af
    #106

    @sb @dlakelan Intel, Microsoft, NXP Semiconductors, and government contracts were where I worked. All those projects I worked on. All those people I interacted with. Some of that shit was cool. Now? I sit in a guard shack waving people through. And for some reason, I'm more content than ever. It's a boring job, but someone's gatta do it.

    sb@metroholografix.caS 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.orgD dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.org

      Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.

      jigendaisukejr@mastodon.socialJ This user is from outside of this forum
      jigendaisukejr@mastodon.socialJ This user is from outside of this forum
      jigendaisukejr@mastodon.social
      wrote sidst redigeret af
      #107

      @dlakelan mIRC was awesome....

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • perrin42@mastodon.socialP perrin42@mastodon.social

        @lauren @dlakelan

        If you think about it, ChatGPT is all your fault. And AOL. And Geocities. 😆

        I suppose by that measure, so is Wikipedia. 😉

        lauren@mastodon.laurenweinstein.orgL This user is from outside of this forum
        lauren@mastodon.laurenweinstein.orgL This user is from outside of this forum
        lauren@mastodon.laurenweinstein.org
        wrote sidst redigeret af
        #108

        @Perrin42 @dlakelan If I hadn't turned it back on somebody else would have. Anyway, it kept trying to turn itself back on until I called the NOC and they told me how to turn off the auto-restart function.

        perrin42@mastodon.socialP 1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • disorderlyf@todon.euD disorderlyf@todon.eu

          @dlakelan Really wish more than literally one 40+ year old within a reasonable travel distance was on here. I'm tired of explicitly mentioning being a hobbyist programmer and people acting like I'm a stereotypical Amish person for daring to not have a Facebook or Instagram account.

          Am I cursed to forever be too distant from the cool people on the internet to hang out IRL?! /hj

          mrgrumpymonkey@mastodon.socialM This user is from outside of this forum
          mrgrumpymonkey@mastodon.socialM This user is from outside of this forum
          mrgrumpymonkey@mastodon.social
          wrote sidst redigeret af
          #109

          @disorderlyf @dlakelan I told a resident, where I work, that I no longer have an Amazon account, and they just rolled their eyes. Expected behavior at this point I suppose. Then there's the folks I tell that I don't use Netflix, or the likes. They ask me how I access that stuff. And I always tell them there's a way, without explicitly saying how. Always get confused looks.

          disorderlyf@todon.euD 1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.orgD dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.org

            Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.

            ai6yr@m.ai6yr.orgA This user is from outside of this forum
            ai6yr@m.ai6yr.orgA This user is from outside of this forum
            ai6yr@m.ai6yr.org
            wrote sidst redigeret af
            #110

            @dlakelan 😂

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • yora@mastodon.gamedev.placeY yora@mastodon.gamedev.place

              @dlakelan It's an attempt to fork the internet.

              mrgrumpymonkey@mastodon.socialM This user is from outside of this forum
              mrgrumpymonkey@mastodon.socialM This user is from outside of this forum
              mrgrumpymonkey@mastodon.social
              wrote sidst redigeret af
              #111

              @yora @dlakelan And I'll try to follow you nerds with the best of my ability.

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • _ryekdarkener_@mastodon.social_ _ryekdarkener_@mastodon.social

                @dlakelan

                Mainly regretting that so many people deliberately decide to become part of the problem and not part of the solution.

                argonaut@bonn.socialA This user is from outside of this forum
                argonaut@bonn.socialA This user is from outside of this forum
                argonaut@bonn.social
                wrote sidst redigeret af
                #112

                @_RyekDarkener_ @dlakelan I'm 60+ and sometimes regret having installed the first webserver @ my University and in the town, and having argued for www instead of gopher. Sheesh, youngsters!

                _ryekdarkener_@mastodon.social_ 1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • lauren@mastodon.laurenweinstein.orgL lauren@mastodon.laurenweinstein.org

                  @Perrin42 @dlakelan If I hadn't turned it back on somebody else would have. Anyway, it kept trying to turn itself back on until I called the NOC and they told me how to turn off the auto-restart function.

                  perrin42@mastodon.socialP This user is from outside of this forum
                  perrin42@mastodon.socialP This user is from outside of this forum
                  perrin42@mastodon.social
                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                  #113

                  @lauren @dlakelan

                  😂

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.orgD dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.org

                    Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.

                    giroll3@toot.aquilenet.frG This user is from outside of this forum
                    giroll3@toot.aquilenet.frG This user is from outside of this forum
                    giroll3@toot.aquilenet.fr
                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                    #114

                    @dlakelan fuck that shit. I will not take the blame for Mark Zuckerberg and friends' bullshit.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • ghostonthehalfshell@masto.aiG ghostonthehalfshell@masto.ai

                      @douglasvb @dlakelan
                      Campfires

                      lnsy_dev@mastodon.socialL This user is from outside of this forum
                      lnsy_dev@mastodon.socialL This user is from outside of this forum
                      lnsy_dev@mastodon.social
                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                      #115

                      @GhostOnTheHalfShell @douglasvb @dlakelan zines

                      falken@social.falkensweb.comF 1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.orgD dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.org

                        Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.

                        tekhne@mamot.frT This user is from outside of this forum
                        tekhne@mamot.frT This user is from outside of this forum
                        tekhne@mamot.fr
                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                        #116

                        @dlakelan MASTODON now more than ever !

                        #fediverse #mastodon

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • mrgrumpymonkey@mastodon.socialM mrgrumpymonkey@mastodon.social

                          @sb @dlakelan Intel, Microsoft, NXP Semiconductors, and government contracts were where I worked. All those projects I worked on. All those people I interacted with. Some of that shit was cool. Now? I sit in a guard shack waving people through. And for some reason, I'm more content than ever. It's a boring job, but someone's gatta do it.

                          sb@metroholografix.caS This user is from outside of this forum
                          sb@metroholografix.caS This user is from outside of this forum
                          sb@metroholografix.ca
                          wrote sidst redigeret af
                          #117

                          @mrgrumpymonkey @dlakelan
                          Right on!

                          I work at a not-for-profit theatre. It's way better in every respect but pay.

                          mrgrumpymonkey@mastodon.socialM 1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.orgD dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.org

                            Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.

                            kaichen@libranet.deK This user is from outside of this forum
                            kaichen@libranet.deK This user is from outside of this forum
                            kaichen@libranet.de
                            wrote sidst redigeret af
                            #118
                            @dlakelan
                            So true. 🙁
                            1 Reply Last reply
                            0
                            • sb@metroholografix.caS sb@metroholografix.ca

                              @mrgrumpymonkey @dlakelan
                              Right on!

                              I work at a not-for-profit theatre. It's way better in every respect but pay.

                              mrgrumpymonkey@mastodon.socialM This user is from outside of this forum
                              mrgrumpymonkey@mastodon.socialM This user is from outside of this forum
                              mrgrumpymonkey@mastodon.social
                              wrote sidst redigeret af
                              #119

                              @sb @dlakelan Yeah, I do miss the salary, but now I have my sanity back.

                              sb@metroholografix.caS 1 Reply Last reply
                              0
                              • dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.orgD dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.org

                                Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.

                                wintergr33n@lingo.lolW This user is from outside of this forum
                                wintergr33n@lingo.lolW This user is from outside of this forum
                                wintergr33n@lingo.lol
                                wrote sidst redigeret af
                                #120

                                @dlakelan

                                I didn't build a damn thing, but I regret it.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                0
                                • dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.orgD dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.org

                                  Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.

                                  grndprnzp@mastodon.bsd.cafeG This user is from outside of this forum
                                  grndprnzp@mastodon.bsd.cafeG This user is from outside of this forum
                                  grndprnzp@mastodon.bsd.cafe
                                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                                  #121

                                  @dlakelan
                                  I dont regret anything. I built something to empower people. Some of them used it wisely, some of them didnt. I also built crap that was not useful to anybody. After 25 years i still want to improve "stuff". Users changed and so did I. Time marches on....

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  0
                                  • argonaut@bonn.socialA argonaut@bonn.social

                                    @_RyekDarkener_ @dlakelan I'm 60+ and sometimes regret having installed the first webserver @ my University and in the town, and having argued for www instead of gopher. Sheesh, youngsters!

                                    _ryekdarkener_@mastodon.social_ This user is from outside of this forum
                                    _ryekdarkener_@mastodon.social_ This user is from outside of this forum
                                    _ryekdarkener_@mastodon.social
                                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                                    #122

                                    @argonaut @dlakelan

                                    Welcome in the 60+ club. Where natural intelligence thrives. 😉

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    0
                                    • dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.orgD dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.org

                                      Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.

                                      gerwitz@chaos.socialG This user is from outside of this forum
                                      gerwitz@chaos.socialG This user is from outside of this forum
                                      gerwitz@chaos.social
                                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                                      #123

                                      @dlakelan They're a step behind the nerds on the Gemini BBS who are already bemoaning that the Fediverse has already passed it's own Eternal September.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      0
                                      • dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.orgD dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.org

                                        Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.

                                        noirlover@mastodon.socialN This user is from outside of this forum
                                        noirlover@mastodon.socialN This user is from outside of this forum
                                        noirlover@mastodon.social
                                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                                        #124

                                        @dlakelan yep

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        0
                                        • gargron@mastodon.socialG gargron@mastodon.social

                                          @dlakelan I’m 33!

                                          paulschoe@mastodon.worldP This user is from outside of this forum
                                          paulschoe@mastodon.worldP This user is from outside of this forum
                                          paulschoe@mastodon.world
                                          wrote sidst redigeret af
                                          #125

                                          @Gargron

                                          Okay, we admit. There are people below 40 with vision.

                                          And we need those, because they have the drive to do something with the Fediverse.

                                          Like building tusks 😉.

                                          @dlakelan

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          0
                                          Svar
                                          • Svar som emne
                                          Login for at svare
                                          • Ældste til nyeste
                                          • Nyeste til ældste
                                          • Most Votes


                                          • Log ind

                                          • Login or register to search.
                                          Powered by NodeBB Contributors
                                          Graciously hosted by data.coop
                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Hjem
                                          • Seneste
                                          • Etiketter
                                          • Populære
                                          • Verden
                                          • Bruger
                                          • Grupper