Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
  1. Forside
  2. Ikke-kategoriseret
  3. Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.

Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.

Planlagt Fastgjort Låst Flyttet Ikke-kategoriseret
181 Indlæg 136 Posters 0 Visninger
  • Ældste til nyeste
  • Nyeste til ældste
  • Most Votes
Svar
  • Svar som emne
Login for at svare
Denne tråd er blevet slettet. Kun brugere med emne behandlings privilegier kan se den.
  • lauren@mastodon.laurenweinstein.orgL lauren@mastodon.laurenweinstein.org

    @Perrin42 @dlakelan If I hadn't turned it back on somebody else would have. Anyway, it kept trying to turn itself back on until I called the NOC and they told me how to turn off the auto-restart function.

    perrin42@mastodon.socialP This user is from outside of this forum
    perrin42@mastodon.socialP This user is from outside of this forum
    perrin42@mastodon.social
    wrote sidst redigeret af
    #113

    @lauren @dlakelan

    😂

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.orgD dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.org

      Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.

      giroll3@toot.aquilenet.frG This user is from outside of this forum
      giroll3@toot.aquilenet.frG This user is from outside of this forum
      giroll3@toot.aquilenet.fr
      wrote sidst redigeret af
      #114

      @dlakelan fuck that shit. I will not take the blame for Mark Zuckerberg and friends' bullshit.

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • ghostonthehalfshell@masto.aiG ghostonthehalfshell@masto.ai

        @douglasvb @dlakelan
        Campfires

        lnsy_dev@mastodon.socialL This user is from outside of this forum
        lnsy_dev@mastodon.socialL This user is from outside of this forum
        lnsy_dev@mastodon.social
        wrote sidst redigeret af
        #115

        @GhostOnTheHalfShell @douglasvb @dlakelan zines

        falken@social.falkensweb.comF 1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.orgD dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.org

          Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.

          tekhne@mamot.frT This user is from outside of this forum
          tekhne@mamot.frT This user is from outside of this forum
          tekhne@mamot.fr
          wrote sidst redigeret af
          #116

          @dlakelan MASTODON now more than ever !

          #fediverse #mastodon

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • mrgrumpymonkey@mastodon.socialM mrgrumpymonkey@mastodon.social

            @sb @dlakelan Intel, Microsoft, NXP Semiconductors, and government contracts were where I worked. All those projects I worked on. All those people I interacted with. Some of that shit was cool. Now? I sit in a guard shack waving people through. And for some reason, I'm more content than ever. It's a boring job, but someone's gatta do it.

            sb@metroholografix.caS This user is from outside of this forum
            sb@metroholografix.caS This user is from outside of this forum
            sb@metroholografix.ca
            wrote sidst redigeret af
            #117

            @mrgrumpymonkey @dlakelan
            Right on!

            I work at a not-for-profit theatre. It's way better in every respect but pay.

            mrgrumpymonkey@mastodon.socialM 1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.orgD dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.org

              Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.

              kaichen@libranet.deK This user is from outside of this forum
              kaichen@libranet.deK This user is from outside of this forum
              kaichen@libranet.de
              wrote sidst redigeret af
              #118
              @dlakelan
              So true. 🙁
              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • sb@metroholografix.caS sb@metroholografix.ca

                @mrgrumpymonkey @dlakelan
                Right on!

                I work at a not-for-profit theatre. It's way better in every respect but pay.

                mrgrumpymonkey@mastodon.socialM This user is from outside of this forum
                mrgrumpymonkey@mastodon.socialM This user is from outside of this forum
                mrgrumpymonkey@mastodon.social
                wrote sidst redigeret af
                #119

                @sb @dlakelan Yeah, I do miss the salary, but now I have my sanity back.

                sb@metroholografix.caS 1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.orgD dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.org

                  Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.

                  wintergr33n@lingo.lolW This user is from outside of this forum
                  wintergr33n@lingo.lolW This user is from outside of this forum
                  wintergr33n@lingo.lol
                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                  #120

                  @dlakelan

                  I didn't build a damn thing, but I regret it.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.orgD dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.org

                    Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.

                    grndprnzp@mastodon.bsd.cafeG This user is from outside of this forum
                    grndprnzp@mastodon.bsd.cafeG This user is from outside of this forum
                    grndprnzp@mastodon.bsd.cafe
                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                    #121

                    @dlakelan
                    I dont regret anything. I built something to empower people. Some of them used it wisely, some of them didnt. I also built crap that was not useful to anybody. After 25 years i still want to improve "stuff". Users changed and so did I. Time marches on....

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • argonaut@bonn.socialA argonaut@bonn.social

                      @_RyekDarkener_ @dlakelan I'm 60+ and sometimes regret having installed the first webserver @ my University and in the town, and having argued for www instead of gopher. Sheesh, youngsters!

                      _ryekdarkener_@mastodon.social_ This user is from outside of this forum
                      _ryekdarkener_@mastodon.social_ This user is from outside of this forum
                      _ryekdarkener_@mastodon.social
                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                      #122

                      @argonaut @dlakelan

                      Welcome in the 60+ club. Where natural intelligence thrives. 😉

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.orgD dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.org

                        Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.

                        gerwitz@chaos.socialG This user is from outside of this forum
                        gerwitz@chaos.socialG This user is from outside of this forum
                        gerwitz@chaos.social
                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                        #123

                        @dlakelan They're a step behind the nerds on the Gemini BBS who are already bemoaning that the Fediverse has already passed it's own Eternal September.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.orgD dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.org

                          Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.

                          noirlover@mastodon.socialN This user is from outside of this forum
                          noirlover@mastodon.socialN This user is from outside of this forum
                          noirlover@mastodon.social
                          wrote sidst redigeret af
                          #124

                          @dlakelan yep

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • gargron@mastodon.socialG gargron@mastodon.social

                            @dlakelan I’m 33!

                            paulschoe@mastodon.worldP This user is from outside of this forum
                            paulschoe@mastodon.worldP This user is from outside of this forum
                            paulschoe@mastodon.world
                            wrote sidst redigeret af
                            #125

                            @Gargron

                            Okay, we admit. There are people below 40 with vision.

                            And we need those, because they have the drive to do something with the Fediverse.

                            Like building tusks 😉.

                            @dlakelan

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            0
                            • mrgrumpymonkey@mastodon.socialM mrgrumpymonkey@mastodon.social

                              @sb @dlakelan Yeah, I do miss the salary, but now I have my sanity back.

                              sb@metroholografix.caS This user is from outside of this forum
                              sb@metroholografix.caS This user is from outside of this forum
                              sb@metroholografix.ca
                              wrote sidst redigeret af
                              #126

                              @mrgrumpymonkey @dlakelan
                              Same. No regrets.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              0
                              • ghostonthehalfshell@masto.aiG ghostonthehalfshell@masto.ai

                                @douglasvb @dlakelan
                                Campfires

                                kjempeslu@climatejustice.socialK This user is from outside of this forum
                                kjempeslu@climatejustice.socialK This user is from outside of this forum
                                kjempeslu@climatejustice.social
                                wrote sidst redigeret af
                                #127

                                @GhostOnTheHalfShell @douglasvb @dlakelan trees

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                0
                                • dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.orgD dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.org

                                  Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.

                                  dendari@mastodon.worldD This user is from outside of this forum
                                  dendari@mastodon.worldD This user is from outside of this forum
                                  dendari@mastodon.world
                                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                                  #128

                                  @dlakelan
                                  I always thought if I could get my pictures of nekked peoples instantly instead of watching they load one line at a time the internet would be perfect.
                                  Now I know I'm wrong.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  0
                                  • dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.orgD dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.org

                                    Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.

                                    joshef@mastodon.socialJ This user is from outside of this forum
                                    joshef@mastodon.socialJ This user is from outside of this forum
                                    joshef@mastodon.social
                                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                                    #129

                                    @dlakelan

                                    I must giggle.

                                    In 1983 I sat in college brand new Intro to Comp class and effectively "dabbled in Pong"
                                    I ran away as fast as I could back to the theater.

                                    Yes, 1983.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    0
                                    • dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.orgD dlakelan@mastodon.sdf.org

                                      Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.

                                      cyberneticist@hachyderm.ioC This user is from outside of this forum
                                      cyberneticist@hachyderm.ioC This user is from outside of this forum
                                      cyberneticist@hachyderm.io
                                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                                      #130

                                      @dlakelan just you wait, I'm looking to bring back LambdaMOO!!

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      0
                                      • starkrg@myside-yourside.netS starkrg@myside-yourside.net

                                        @ahltorp @dlakelan Sure, but my brick was essentially a geocities page and leaving limewire open to continue uploading stuff.

                                        meraord@mastodonsweden.seM This user is from outside of this forum
                                        meraord@mastodonsweden.seM This user is from outside of this forum
                                        meraord@mastodonsweden.se
                                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                                        #131

                                        @StarkRG Hey, my geocities page was about feminism and had a web diary before the word "blog" even was invented! It was GROUNDBREAKING stuff!! 😉😊 @ahltorp @dlakelan

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        0
                                        • killick@dmv.communityK killick@dmv.community

                                          @dlakelan

                                          We should have seen trouble coming when the default website background color switched from gray to white.

                                          meraord@mastodonsweden.seM This user is from outside of this forum
                                          meraord@mastodonsweden.seM This user is from outside of this forum
                                          meraord@mastodonsweden.se
                                          wrote sidst redigeret af
                                          #132

                                          @killick @dlakelan the white *was* easier to read though.

                                          pteryx@dice.campP 1 Reply Last reply
                                          0
                                          Svar
                                          • Svar som emne
                                          Login for at svare
                                          • Ældste til nyeste
                                          • Nyeste til ældste
                                          • Most Votes


                                          • Log ind

                                          • Login or register to search.
                                          Powered by NodeBB Contributors
                                          Graciously hosted by data.coop
                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Hjem
                                          • Seneste
                                          • Etiketter
                                          • Populære
                                          • Verden
                                          • Bruger
                                          • Grupper