Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.
-
@iakobsdesamos @douglasvb @dlakelan
I want to cry when I think about the blog and lolcat glory days of the 2000s.@MaryAustinBooks @iakobsdesamos @dlakelan it's been a few years since I've updated my blog but I still host the whole thing back to the early days of personal websites. And you can too!
Whenever you write can become part of training data sets and you can have some fun with that.
-
Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.
@dlakelan omg you understand us

-
Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.
@dlakelan so true, got a whole retirement plan for disconnected, face to face, third space building. Maybe I can atone and enjoy art, music and community. . .
Or just be tired in a different way -
-
Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.
-
Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.
@dlakelan what about gen z fedi, we've been here since at least 2015 and heavily influenced just about everything
-
Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.
@dlakelan I am in this picture and hate it (but love the Fediverse).
-
@douglasvb @dlakelan don't let capitalism fool you! The web is great, but they stole it from
us!@iakobsdesamos @douglasvb @dlakelan
One of my big problems with Discord is that people treat it like it's a "safe" replacement for the Web that was stolen from us, when no, Discord is "theirs" to begin with. -
Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.
@dlakelan
Oh… it explains the mood very well, didn't see it like this x) -
Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.
@dlakelan In hindsight, we did fall for the assumption that large centralized architectures built by benevolent dictators would work because we seemed to believe that technical competency and benevolence were hand in hand, and not a particular artifact of a particular, I'm not sure yet... Generation? Generation and geography? Dirty hippie technophiles in Silicon Valley? All of the above? None of the above? Wishful thinking?
Whatever it was, we failed to learn the lesson that history teaches about ceding territory to kings.
-
Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.
@dlakelan can we build it again?
-
Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.
@dlakelan I don't regret the creastion, I regret that we let the big corps and governments steal it from us.
-
Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.
@dlakelan i felt this in my bones while reading...
-
Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.
@dlakelan I feel seen
-
Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.
50 and 100%
-
Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.
@dlakelan I’m 33!
-
@dlakelan I’m 33!
-
@dlakelan what about gen z fedi, we've been here since at least 2015 and heavily influenced just about everything
@xerz
Love all my fedi people. -
Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.
@dlakelan Idiots are everywhere, there is no escaping them. Even in here.
-
Fediverse, the social media system for 40+ year old people who built the world wide web and regret it.
@dlakelan I hate how accurate this is...

؟