Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
  1. Forside
  2. Ikke-kategoriseret
  3. A fresh weekend morning at the farm with a friend.

A fresh weekend morning at the farm with a friend.

Planlagt Fastgjort Låst Flyttet Ikke-kategoriseret
farminghealthyfoodsnaturesustainablefarmfreshfruits
25 Indlæg 11 Posters 0 Visninger
  • Ældste til nyeste
  • Nyeste til ældste
  • Most Votes
Svar
  • Svar som emne
Login for at svare
Denne tråd er blevet slettet. Kun brugere med emne behandlings privilegier kan se den.
  • courtcan@mastodon.socialC courtcan@mastodon.social

    @pacific06 I'm in Oklahoma, USA, and I've never heard of jackfruit before. But DuckDuckGo tells me it's sold here, so I'm gonna buy some and try it!

    pacific06@mastodon.socialP This user is from outside of this forum
    pacific06@mastodon.socialP This user is from outside of this forum
    pacific06@mastodon.social
    wrote sidst redigeret af
    #12

    @courtcan The internet is amazing you have now discovered that jackfruit exists and you are going to try it! 😄 I would love to hear what you think after tasting it. Please let me know how you find it🫣👌

    courtcan@mastodon.socialC 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • pacific06@mastodon.socialP pacific06@mastodon.social

      Asked a question: what would you say it is like in taste when raw?

      When raw and ripe, it’s sweet, juicy, and has a tropical fruity taste, with a slightly chewy texture. 😋

      cthulku@zeroes.caC This user is from outside of this forum
      cthulku@zeroes.caC This user is from outside of this forum
      cthulku@zeroes.ca
      wrote sidst redigeret af
      #13

      @pacific06

      I mostly use it when unripe, when the edible bit has a tender, stringy texture that matches pulled roasted meat nicely. Simmered with spices then browned in a pan or oven, it is a good topping for sandwiches or used in barbecue.

      pacific06@mastodon.socialP 1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • courtcan@mastodon.socialC courtcan@mastodon.social

        @pacific06 I'm in Oklahoma, USA, and I've never heard of jackfruit before. But DuckDuckGo tells me it's sold here, so I'm gonna buy some and try it!

        econetwork@mas.toE This user is from outside of this forum
        econetwork@mas.toE This user is from outside of this forum
        econetwork@mas.to
        wrote sidst redigeret af
        #14

        @courtcan Please have a taste of it and tell us how it tastes. Should we plant more or less?

        Then you will have to visit Africa, Uganda, and you’ll find plenty of them here. Hhhhh 😄

        @pacific06

        courtcan@mastodon.socialC 1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • A ar_do@mstdn.social

          @pacific06 didn't know you can eat jackfruit raw. In Europe we pretty much only get access to boiled and canned jackfruit. Delicious with some salt and seasoning

          econetwork@mas.toE This user is from outside of this forum
          econetwork@mas.toE This user is from outside of this forum
          econetwork@mas.to
          wrote sidst redigeret af
          #15

          @ar_do Are you serious???

          @pacific06

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • econetwork@mas.toE econetwork@mas.to

            @courtcan Please have a taste of it and tell us how it tastes. Should we plant more or less?

            Then you will have to visit Africa, Uganda, and you’ll find plenty of them here. Hhhhh 😄

            @pacific06

            courtcan@mastodon.socialC This user is from outside of this forum
            courtcan@mastodon.socialC This user is from outside of this forum
            courtcan@mastodon.social
            wrote sidst redigeret af
            #16

            @econetwork @pacific06 I would love to visit Uganda! Africa is a part of the world I haven't seen yet. Goals! ☺️

            econetwork@mas.toE 1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • pacific06@mastodon.socialP pacific06@mastodon.social

              @courtcan The internet is amazing you have now discovered that jackfruit exists and you are going to try it! 😄 I would love to hear what you think after tasting it. Please let me know how you find it🫣👌

              courtcan@mastodon.socialC This user is from outside of this forum
              courtcan@mastodon.socialC This user is from outside of this forum
              courtcan@mastodon.social
              wrote sidst redigeret af
              #17

              @pacific06 I'm bookmarking the thread so I can come back here and share the results of this experiment! ☺️✌️🤘🖖

              pacific06@mastodon.socialP 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • courtcan@mastodon.socialC courtcan@mastodon.social

                @econetwork @pacific06 I would love to visit Uganda! Africa is a part of the world I haven't seen yet. Goals! ☺️

                econetwork@mas.toE This user is from outside of this forum
                econetwork@mas.toE This user is from outside of this forum
                econetwork@mas.to
                wrote sidst redigeret af
                #18

                @courtcan Following our work might make you even more interested in visiting Africa someday. 😄

                If you’re interested, you can keep following us and stay in touch with us. Maybe one day you can come and visit Uganda, and we can host you, show you around, and you can learn and experience things with us. Hhh

                @pacific06

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • courtcan@mastodon.socialC courtcan@mastodon.social

                  @pacific06 I'm bookmarking the thread so I can come back here and share the results of this experiment! ☺️✌️🤘🖖

                  pacific06@mastodon.socialP This user is from outside of this forum
                  pacific06@mastodon.socialP This user is from outside of this forum
                  pacific06@mastodon.social
                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                  #19

                  @courtcan Great to know!

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • cthulku@zeroes.caC cthulku@zeroes.ca

                    @pacific06

                    I mostly use it when unripe, when the edible bit has a tender, stringy texture that matches pulled roasted meat nicely. Simmered with spices then browned in a pan or oven, it is a good topping for sandwiches or used in barbecue.

                    pacific06@mastodon.socialP This user is from outside of this forum
                    pacific06@mastodon.socialP This user is from outside of this forum
                    pacific06@mastodon.social
                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                    #20

                    @cthulku This is really new to me and to everyone in my community. I’m wondering how this happens!

                    As I said before, we only eat fresh, ripe jackfruit, and we eat the soft inner fruit. It’s really interesting to see that some people eat jackfruit this way.

                    @ditsch42 @juliangonggrijp

                    cthulku@zeroes.caC 1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • pacific06@mastodon.socialP pacific06@mastodon.social

                      A fresh weekend morning at the farm with a friend. We smelled a ripe jackfruit, found it near the ground, opened it, and ate it right there.

                      Straight from the tree to our digestive systems!

                      How do you eat jackfruit in your region? Any recipes?😋

                      #farming #healthyfoods #nature #sustainablefarming #freshfruits #ricipes

                      R This user is from outside of this forum
                      R This user is from outside of this forum
                      rbwells@mastodon.social
                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                      #21

                      @pacific06 I see those enormous jackfruit in the grocery here and find them intimidating! One of my kids uses the jackfruit, pulled into shreds in savory spices for tacos, she likes it cooked like that.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • pacific06@mastodon.socialP pacific06@mastodon.social

                        A fresh weekend morning at the farm with a friend. We smelled a ripe jackfruit, found it near the ground, opened it, and ate it right there.

                        Straight from the tree to our digestive systems!

                        How do you eat jackfruit in your region? Any recipes?😋

                        #farming #healthyfoods #nature #sustainablefarming #freshfruits #ricipes

                        felipe@social.treehouse.systemsF This user is from outside of this forum
                        felipe@social.treehouse.systemsF This user is from outside of this forum
                        felipe@social.treehouse.systems
                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                        #22

                        @pacific06 jaca!

                        felipe@social.treehouse.systemsF 1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • pacific06@mastodon.socialP pacific06@mastodon.social

                          @cthulku This is really new to me and to everyone in my community. I’m wondering how this happens!

                          As I said before, we only eat fresh, ripe jackfruit, and we eat the soft inner fruit. It’s really interesting to see that some people eat jackfruit this way.

                          @ditsch42 @juliangonggrijp

                          cthulku@zeroes.caC This user is from outside of this forum
                          cthulku@zeroes.caC This user is from outside of this forum
                          cthulku@zeroes.ca
                          wrote sidst redigeret af
                          #23

                          @pacific06 @ditsch42 @juliangonggrijp

                          It's mostly sold canned here as "young green jackfruit", or already processed into over-expensive fake meat. I prefer doing the processing myself, so that I can know what's going into it, and so that it has the exact flavour and texture that I like.

                          In the can, it's cut into wedges, where the outer fibrous material -- which is usually not eaten when ripe, I think -- is what is most desired. The seeds are there, but they are tender and edible as well, and I usually include them, albeit mashed a bit.

                          I have had proper, ripe jackfruit once, and it was delicious! Right up there with mangoes for deliciousness, although obviously not tasting that similar.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • felipe@social.treehouse.systemsF felipe@social.treehouse.systems

                            @pacific06 jaca!

                            felipe@social.treehouse.systemsF This user is from outside of this forum
                            felipe@social.treehouse.systemsF This user is from outside of this forum
                            felipe@social.treehouse.systems
                            wrote sidst redigeret af
                            #24

                            @pacific06 We fry the seeds and eat with salt

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            0
                            • pacific06@mastodon.socialP pacific06@mastodon.social

                              @ditsch42 Yes, they can grow really big! 😄 I have heard about using jackfruit as a vegan chicken substitute.

                              Have you ever tried it that way in Germany even though they are not yet common in German?

                              pelle@veganism.socialP This user is from outside of this forum
                              pelle@veganism.socialP This user is from outside of this forum
                              pelle@veganism.social
                              wrote sidst redigeret af
                              #25

                              @pacific06 @ditsch42
                              i bought 1/8 #jackfruit at the arabic market to cook danish dish #tarteletter, small crispy pastries filled with a beige sauce with aspargus, peas and — unfortunately — #chicken flesh.

                              for those traditional dishes, jackfruits are an excellent kill-free replacement.

                              it's good to pre-oil the knife or it'll be tough to clean!

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              0
                              Svar
                              • Svar som emne
                              Login for at svare
                              • Ældste til nyeste
                              • Nyeste til ældste
                              • Most Votes


                              • Log ind

                              • Login or register to search.
                              Powered by NodeBB Contributors
                              Graciously hosted by data.coop
                              • First post
                                Last post
                              0
                              • Hjem
                              • Seneste
                              • Etiketter
                              • Populære
                              • Verden
                              • Bruger
                              • Grupper