Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
  1. Forside
  2. Ikke-kategoriseret
  3. Damn I am tired of people laughing about Deutsche Bahn.

Damn I am tired of people laughing about Deutsche Bahn.

Planlagt Fastgjort Låst Flyttet Ikke-kategoriseret
crossborderrail
45 Indlæg 33 Posters 0 Visninger
  • Ældste til nyeste
  • Nyeste til ældste
  • Most Votes
Svar
  • Svar som emne
Login for at svare
Denne tråd er blevet slettet. Kun brugere med emne behandlings privilegier kan se den.
  • jon@gruene.socialJ jon@gruene.social

    Damn I am tired of people laughing about Deutsche Bahn.

    Travel in many other places in Europe and you will discover Germany is trying to do many things right with its railways. A quick blog post / rant from me:
    https://jonworth.eu/your-deutsche-bahn-joke-is-no-longer-fu/

    #CrossBorderRail

    markhburton@mstdn.socialM This user is from outside of this forum
    markhburton@mstdn.socialM This user is from outside of this forum
    markhburton@mstdn.social
    wrote sidst redigeret af
    #14

    @jon
    Interesting and credible.
    A question though. You promote the German Green Party, effectively saying a vote for any other party is a vote against rail investment. Is that true for Die Linke too?

    jon@gruene.socialJ 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • jon@gruene.socialJ jon@gruene.social

      Damn I am tired of people laughing about Deutsche Bahn.

      Travel in many other places in Europe and you will discover Germany is trying to do many things right with its railways. A quick blog post / rant from me:
      https://jonworth.eu/your-deutsche-bahn-joke-is-no-longer-fu/

      #CrossBorderRail

      plactagonic@f.czP This user is from outside of this forum
      plactagonic@f.czP This user is from outside of this forum
      plactagonic@f.cz
      wrote sidst redigeret af
      #15

      @jon I think it is bit of every nations joke about their railway infrastructure.

      ČD - stands for "čekám dlouho" (waiting long) classic here 😉

      But after some traveling I don't find them funny anymore.

      muddle@infosec.exchangeM 1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • jon@gruene.socialJ jon@gruene.social

        Damn I am tired of people laughing about Deutsche Bahn.

        Travel in many other places in Europe and you will discover Germany is trying to do many things right with its railways. A quick blog post / rant from me:
        https://jonworth.eu/your-deutsche-bahn-joke-is-no-longer-fu/

        #CrossBorderRail

        jonas_bostrom@mastodonsweden.seJ This user is from outside of this forum
        jonas_bostrom@mastodonsweden.seJ This user is from outside of this forum
        jonas_bostrom@mastodonsweden.se
        wrote sidst redigeret af
        #16

        @jon Delayed German trains can be really annoying, especially when you get stuck somewhere. But I agree, it generally works fine, and there are other trains to choose from.

        jonas_bostrom@mastodonsweden.seJ 1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • mgleadow@mastodon.greenM This user is from outside of this forum
          mgleadow@mastodon.greenM This user is from outside of this forum
          mgleadow@mastodon.green
          wrote sidst redigeret af
          #17

          @samuele963 @odoruhako @jon there's a certain amount of cherry picking that's for sure

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • jon@gruene.socialJ jon@gruene.social

            @alberich That ought to be a cause for anger, not laughter! But yes, I sort of see the point. (Please also be aware I am German, as well as British)

            ja_e_i_o_u@norden.socialJ This user is from outside of this forum
            ja_e_i_o_u@norden.socialJ This user is from outside of this forum
            ja_e_i_o_u@norden.social
            wrote sidst redigeret af
            #18

            @jon @alberich
            Anger towards people really in charge, yes. But laughter makes the situation easier to bare.
            (Hello and thank you to @BahnAnsagen ! 🙂)

            (But actually, I'm often enough angry about missed connections.)

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • jonas_bostrom@mastodonsweden.seJ jonas_bostrom@mastodonsweden.se

              @jon Delayed German trains can be really annoying, especially when you get stuck somewhere. But I agree, it generally works fine, and there are other trains to choose from.

              jonas_bostrom@mastodonsweden.seJ This user is from outside of this forum
              jonas_bostrom@mastodonsweden.seJ This user is from outside of this forum
              jonas_bostrom@mastodonsweden.se
              wrote sidst redigeret af
              #19

              @jon Although it was a bit annoying when I had to spend half the night helping my sister when she got stuck in Basel one evening, and then having to help her the next day again when she got stuck in Hamburg.

              Or the time I spent at a station in rural Sachsen a very hot summer day waiting for a train that just kept getting more and more delayed…

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • rainerzufall_le@mastodon.socialR rainerzufall_le@mastodon.social

                @jon While I'm still fairly often annoyed at Deutsche Bahn, I feel they handle issues often better than Swedish rail companies. In Sweden, I once saw a conductor and a train driver trying to organise replacement busses at the plattform, as their company didn't do anything

                rainerzufall_le@mastodon.socialR This user is from outside of this forum
                rainerzufall_le@mastodon.socialR This user is from outside of this forum
                rainerzufall_le@mastodon.social
                wrote sidst redigeret af
                #20

                @jon I heard lots of Danes complaining about DSB, but I had some really great experiences with them trying to smooth things out. Granted, Denmark is a lot smaller than Germany

                jon@gruene.socialJ 1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • markhburton@mstdn.socialM markhburton@mstdn.social

                  @jon
                  Interesting and credible.
                  A question though. You promote the German Green Party, effectively saying a vote for any other party is a vote against rail investment. Is that true for Die Linke too?

                  jon@gruene.socialJ This user is from outside of this forum
                  jon@gruene.socialJ This user is from outside of this forum
                  jon@gruene.social
                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                  #21

                  @markhburton Die Linke never said much on this. But didn’t damage the railways, that’s true.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • jon@gruene.socialJ This user is from outside of this forum
                    jon@gruene.socialJ This user is from outside of this forum
                    jon@gruene.social
                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                    #22

                    @mariusor ha. Just sit me in a ICE3neo. I’m cheap 😀

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • rainerzufall_le@mastodon.socialR rainerzufall_le@mastodon.social

                      @jon I heard lots of Danes complaining about DSB, but I had some really great experiences with them trying to smooth things out. Granted, Denmark is a lot smaller than Germany

                      jon@gruene.socialJ This user is from outside of this forum
                      jon@gruene.socialJ This user is from outside of this forum
                      jon@gruene.social
                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                      #23

                      @rainerzufall_le DSB can fail spectacularly as well though!

                      rainerzufall_le@mastodon.socialR 1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • jon@gruene.socialJ jon@gruene.social

                        @rainerzufall_le DSB can fail spectacularly as well though!

                        rainerzufall_le@mastodon.socialR This user is from outside of this forum
                        rainerzufall_le@mastodon.socialR This user is from outside of this forum
                        rainerzufall_le@mastodon.social
                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                        #24

                        @jon Then I'll have to stop taking trains in Denmark to stay in my honeymoon period

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • jon@gruene.socialJ jon@gruene.social

                          Damn I am tired of people laughing about Deutsche Bahn.

                          Travel in many other places in Europe and you will discover Germany is trying to do many things right with its railways. A quick blog post / rant from me:
                          https://jonworth.eu/your-deutsche-bahn-joke-is-no-longer-fu/

                          #CrossBorderRail

                          feliz@norden.socialF This user is from outside of this forum
                          feliz@norden.socialF This user is from outside of this forum
                          feliz@norden.social
                          wrote sidst redigeret af
                          #25

                          @jon As a German, I’d like to say thank you! I’m fed up too with all this constant and ritualistic drivel about how Deutsche Bahn is supposedly always unreliable. It has somehow become a clichéd outrage culture in Germany: people moan about the railway to foster a sense of community. This shared indignation is used in a somehow masochistic way for social bonds or a sense of identity.

                          If booked in good time and planned sensibly, it's possible to travel with DB really cheaply and comfortably.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • jon@gruene.socialJ jon@gruene.social

                            Damn I am tired of people laughing about Deutsche Bahn.

                            Travel in many other places in Europe and you will discover Germany is trying to do many things right with its railways. A quick blog post / rant from me:
                            https://jonworth.eu/your-deutsche-bahn-joke-is-no-longer-fu/

                            #CrossBorderRail

                            torstentorsten@social.tchncs.deT This user is from outside of this forum
                            torstentorsten@social.tchncs.deT This user is from outside of this forum
                            torstentorsten@social.tchncs.de
                            wrote sidst redigeret af
                            #26

                            @jon Hot take: bashing of public train systems (and other public goods like schools) is a means of denouncing public goods in the general view. Thus making it easier to knock them off, or privatize them. Many comedians love to be complicit in this, as such jokes are easy prey.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            0
                            • jon@gruene.socialJ jon@gruene.social

                              Damn I am tired of people laughing about Deutsche Bahn.

                              Travel in many other places in Europe and you will discover Germany is trying to do many things right with its railways. A quick blog post / rant from me:
                              https://jonworth.eu/your-deutsche-bahn-joke-is-no-longer-fu/

                              #CrossBorderRail

                              hiiamfrompoland@troet.cafeH This user is from outside of this forum
                              hiiamfrompoland@troet.cafeH This user is from outside of this forum
                              hiiamfrompoland@troet.cafe
                              wrote sidst redigeret af
                              #27

                              @jon Indeed. I find it also, well, frustrating to hear snobbiness regarding railway from my fellow polish countryman, where, apart from Pendolino on Kraków-Gdynia connection, most of the railway is so so.

                              Particularly regional trains stand out in Germany, where, again, in Poland most of the province has to rely on a car - even though the tracks are there.

                              With DB you may get some adventures - but you will get where you need to. Eventually

                              (Today Berlin-Paris on time)

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              0
                              • jon@gruene.socialJ jon@gruene.social

                                @odoruhako Yes. Totally this! And fundamentally Deutsche Bahn is *trying* to do the right thing, somehow, still. Just within massive constraints.

                                fridrich@tooting.chF This user is from outside of this forum
                                fridrich@tooting.chF This user is from outside of this forum
                                fridrich@tooting.ch
                                wrote sidst redigeret af
                                #28

                                @jon @odoruhako big country, long distances, things can get bad. That is just the fact. Not all is DB's fault.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                0
                                • jon@gruene.socialJ jon@gruene.social

                                  Damn I am tired of people laughing about Deutsche Bahn.

                                  Travel in many other places in Europe and you will discover Germany is trying to do many things right with its railways. A quick blog post / rant from me:
                                  https://jonworth.eu/your-deutsche-bahn-joke-is-no-longer-fu/

                                  #CrossBorderRail

                                  perlplayer@mastodon.socialP This user is from outside of this forum
                                  perlplayer@mastodon.socialP This user is from outside of this forum
                                  perlplayer@mastodon.social
                                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                                  #29

                                  @jon i know the DB from the 90s, and compared to that the DB is as drought piece of junk. Even in other countries is worse. I'm not tired to complain about this

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  0
                                  • jon@gruene.socialJ jon@gruene.social

                                    Damn I am tired of people laughing about Deutsche Bahn.

                                    Travel in many other places in Europe and you will discover Germany is trying to do many things right with its railways. A quick blog post / rant from me:
                                    https://jonworth.eu/your-deutsche-bahn-joke-is-no-longer-fu/

                                    #CrossBorderRail

                                    corentin@masto.bikeC This user is from outside of this forum
                                    corentin@masto.bikeC This user is from outside of this forum
                                    corentin@masto.bike
                                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                                    #30

                                    @jon What surprises me the most about your post is that you were able to find enough mobile signal in Germany to send it tbh

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    0
                                    • jon@gruene.socialJ jon@gruene.social

                                      Damn I am tired of people laughing about Deutsche Bahn.

                                      Travel in many other places in Europe and you will discover Germany is trying to do many things right with its railways. A quick blog post / rant from me:
                                      https://jonworth.eu/your-deutsche-bahn-joke-is-no-longer-fu/

                                      #CrossBorderRail

                                      hikingdude@mastodon.socialH This user is from outside of this forum
                                      hikingdude@mastodon.socialH This user is from outside of this forum
                                      hikingdude@mastodon.social
                                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                                      #31

                                      @jon Bravo!

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      0
                                      • gunchleoc@mastodon.scotG This user is from outside of this forum
                                        gunchleoc@mastodon.scotG This user is from outside of this forum
                                        gunchleoc@mastodon.scot
                                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                                        #32

                                        @samuele963 @mgleadow @odoruhako @jon Also, climate change is already hitting the British Railway system, e.g. with the west coast lines being flooded in the north, or storms making it too dangerous for trains to go, or lightning hitting switching stations...

                                        mgleadow@mastodon.greenM 1 Reply Last reply
                                        0
                                        • jon@gruene.socialJ jon@gruene.social

                                          Damn I am tired of people laughing about Deutsche Bahn.

                                          Travel in many other places in Europe and you will discover Germany is trying to do many things right with its railways. A quick blog post / rant from me:
                                          https://jonworth.eu/your-deutsche-bahn-joke-is-no-longer-fu/

                                          #CrossBorderRail

                                          ckd@mas.toC This user is from outside of this forum
                                          ckd@mas.toC This user is from outside of this forum
                                          ckd@mas.to
                                          wrote sidst redigeret af
                                          #33

                                          @jon

                                          I just went to Stockholm from Hamburg, and back. No problems in Sweden and Denmark, 7 hours in Germany on the way up, 2 hours on the way back. On only 150km of the trip which ran on German tracks.

                                          Sorry, but your one experience is hardly statistical proof, but the current 53% rate of trains on time (which does not even include canceled trains) speaks volumes.

                                          We're not so much cracking jokes about Deutsche Bahn anymore. Deutsche Bahn IS the joke...

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          0
                                          Svar
                                          • Svar som emne
                                          Login for at svare
                                          • Ældste til nyeste
                                          • Nyeste til ældste
                                          • Most Votes


                                          • Log ind

                                          • Login or register to search.
                                          Powered by NodeBB Contributors
                                          Graciously hosted by data.coop
                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Hjem
                                          • Seneste
                                          • Etiketter
                                          • Populære
                                          • Verden
                                          • Bruger
                                          • Grupper