Damn I am tired of people laughing about Deutsche Bahn.
-
Damn I am tired of people laughing about Deutsche Bahn.
Travel in many other places in Europe and you will discover Germany is trying to do many things right with its railways. A quick blog post / rant from me:
https://jonworth.eu/your-deutsche-bahn-joke-is-no-longer-fu/@jon I remember how the deutsche bahn used to be. Compared to that, the DB is totally ridiculous today.
-
@jon @hiiamfrompoland "Seldom" is maybe not appropriate anymore, at least when it comes to PKPIC. Still, there is some ways to go before infrastructure, rolling stock availability, ticketing rules and regional governments catch up with the resources now being invested into planning a proper Takt network.
As for the "who", I think we have someone from that side, or relatively close to it, here on fedi, but I'm tactful enough to not bother them

-
Damn I am tired of people laughing about Deutsche Bahn.
Travel in many other places in Europe and you will discover Germany is trying to do many things right with its railways. A quick blog post / rant from me:
https://jonworth.eu/your-deutsche-bahn-joke-is-no-longer-fu/@jon Bit odd to blame Schröder’s #SPD while giving the Greens a free pass. They were part of the federal government from 1998 to 2005. DB Netz investment didn’t simply rise under Red-Green either, and road infrastructure still received more investment than rail. Whatever the party, none of them has managed to make public transport genuinely fit for the future.
-
Damn I am tired of people laughing about Deutsche Bahn.
Travel in many other places in Europe and you will discover Germany is trying to do many things right with its railways. A quick blog post / rant from me:
https://jonworth.eu/your-deutsche-bahn-joke-is-no-longer-fu/@jon I was interrailing with family in Germany this summer. Lots of trains didn't arrive, it was never an issue; a short wait with a coffee and there would be another. So many lines with so many trains.
Only issue was going to Nurnburg. Just before we arrived at the preceding station an announcement came that we would not be stopping at Nurnburg. We had to get off and find an alternative. If we had our headphones on we wouldn't have even heard the announcement. Was a great holiday nonetheless
-
Damn I am tired of people laughing about Deutsche Bahn.
Travel in many other places in Europe and you will discover Germany is trying to do many things right with its railways. A quick blog post / rant from me:
https://jonworth.eu/your-deutsche-bahn-joke-is-no-longer-fu/@jon tbh the german trains are confier than the french ones.
-
M malte@radikal.social shared this topic