Uh … holy shit.
-
Uh … holy shit.

“What could possibly go wrong?” - The Resistance
-
Uh … holy shit.

“What could possibly go wrong?” - The Resistance
Where is the "follow a bit less" filter?
-
Uh … holy shit.

“What could possibly go wrong?” - The Resistance
@BrianJopek
laws are written in blood indeed -
Uh … holy shit.

“What could possibly go wrong?” - The Resistance
@BrianJopek The day after the school got hit I called that it was probably an AI behind it. As soon as I saw the satellite image of where the school was it was clear to me.
The ai sees no consequence for getting it wrong.
-
Uh … holy shit.

“What could possibly go wrong?” - The Resistance
Hate the phrasing "AI was responsible for". If I drew a grid and rolled some dice to pick which part of the grid to bomb, the dice aren't responsible for shit.
-
Uh … holy shit.

“What could possibly go wrong?” - The Resistance
@BrianJopek Well, when people die from this horseshit there's a better than zero chance it will be a lobbyist or a congressman or someone who can change the law.
-
Uh … holy shit.

“What could possibly go wrong?” - The Resistance
@BrianJopek before accountability for these systems are even set in place at that...Not to mention the hundreds of overcrowded airports and near misses...I'm sure this will turn out well.
-
Uh … holy shit.

“What could possibly go wrong?” - The Resistance
@BrianJopek https://www.cryovex.com/ai-air-traffic-faa-deploys-875-million-tool/
“a collection of machine‑learning models trained on decades of historical flight data”
I dunno, this might not be a misapplication of a general-purpose LLM to something it can’t do, it might be a misapplication of the term “AI” to an ML tool that is actually well-suited to its one and only task
-
Uh … holy shit.

“What could possibly go wrong?” - The Resistance
@BrianJopek if I can get off target responses from the frontier models after a 30 minute discussion I shutter to think what is going to happen when they run for endless hours on a task like air traffic control. I don't know how the Moonshot guys say they can run overnight on an unsupervised task. That's bullshit.
-
Uh … holy shit.

“What could possibly go wrong?” - The Resistance
@BrianJopek On the bright side, they can't build new things in the city when the old things need emergency repairs from aviation incident debris.
-
@BrianJopek https://www.cryovex.com/ai-air-traffic-faa-deploys-875-million-tool/
“a collection of machine‑learning models trained on decades of historical flight data”
I dunno, this might not be a misapplication of a general-purpose LLM to something it can’t do, it might be a misapplication of the term “AI” to an ML tool that is actually well-suited to its one and only task
@ShadSterling I guess we’re gonna find out! Hopefully, not the hard way.
-
Uh … holy shit.

“What could possibly go wrong?” - The Resistance
@BrianJopek I see a sequel to the Tenerife airport disaster in the future
-
@BrianJopek https://www.cryovex.com/ai-air-traffic-faa-deploys-875-million-tool/
“a collection of machine‑learning models trained on decades of historical flight data”
I dunno, this might not be a misapplication of a general-purpose LLM to something it can’t do, it might be a misapplication of the term “AI” to an ML tool that is actually well-suited to its one and only task
@ShadSterling @BrianJopek *potentially* a good application of ML (not LLM), but not under these fucking morons.
-
Uh … holy shit.

“What could possibly go wrong?” - The Resistance
@BrianJopek and 911, God help us.

-
Uh … holy shit.

“What could possibly go wrong?” - The Resistance
@BrianJopek Duffy is a lazy good-for-nothing.
-
Uh … holy shit.

“What could possibly go wrong?” - The Resistance
@BrianJopek Hello, Amtrak?
-
Uh … holy shit.

“What could possibly go wrong?” - The Resistance
@BrianJopek
With a high IQ president, that wouldn't have happened. -
Uh … holy shit.

“What could possibly go wrong?” - The Resistance
@BrianJopek Apparently they're just determined to find a way to make the claims of AI killing everyone come true one way or another.

-
@BrianJopek I see a sequel to the Tenerife airport disaster in the future
@tsvga @BrianJopek Tenerife was the very example of downsides of human behavior. I am very against AI doing ATC. Just saying it was the worst example

-
Uh … holy shit.

“What could possibly go wrong?” - The Resistance
@BrianJopek I hope it "misleads" AF1