The hardest part of flying home from Japan is adjusting to the time change.
-
The hardest part of flying home from Japan is adjusting to the time change. For example in Tokyo I got to experience a future where everyone deserves dignity but I’m flying back to a country intent on pushing itself back to the 1950s.
It’s hard to adjust your watch to that.
-
The hardest part of flying home from Japan is adjusting to the time change. For example in Tokyo I got to experience a future where everyone deserves dignity but I’m flying back to a country intent on pushing itself back to the 1950s.
It’s hard to adjust your watch to that.
@mathowie haha China is worse. You can order KFC by drone there.
But for real, flying east is harder.
-
The hardest part of flying home from Japan is adjusting to the time change. For example in Tokyo I got to experience a future where everyone deserves dignity but I’m flying back to a country intent on pushing itself back to the 1950s.
It’s hard to adjust your watch to that.
@mathowie everyone *Japanese* deserves dignity.
How's it being Korean in Japan these days?
-
The hardest part of flying home from Japan is adjusting to the time change. For example in Tokyo I got to experience a future where everyone deserves dignity but I’m flying back to a country intent on pushing itself back to the 1950s.
It’s hard to adjust your watch to that.
@mathowie going from mask up where it's needed (本音と建前) to "wearing masks is woke"...
-
The hardest part of flying home from Japan is adjusting to the time change. For example in Tokyo I got to experience a future where everyone deserves dignity but I’m flying back to a country intent on pushing itself back to the 1950s.
It’s hard to adjust your watch to that.
@mathowie When I came back from my first trip to Tokyo in April, I was struck by an attitude of people putting themselves first.
I don't remember such a feeling of cultural regression upon returning home before, and that was between deplaning and my front door.
-
The hardest part of flying home from Japan is adjusting to the time change. For example in Tokyo I got to experience a future where everyone deserves dignity but I’m flying back to a country intent on pushing itself back to the 1950s.
It’s hard to adjust your watch to that.
I understand that. I was in Japan a few weeks ago. It’s a shock to feel like “Tuesday was really nice over here” and then “Omigod, why are you fucking up Tuesday?” It was hard to come back to the US.
-
J jwcph@helvede.net shared this topic