Teaching fifth graders to properly bind books because it's interesting but also because I suspect it might be a needed life skill the way things are going.
-
Teaching fifth graders to properly bind books because it's interesting but also because I suspect it might be a needed life skill the way things are going.
@futurebird My 3rd grader and I actually did some book binding over the summer. Basically a coptic stitch with leather straps and an exposed spine.
She had a lot of fun and she has now asked about binding different books. Once you know that it's a thing you can "just make", it really changes how you view books at all.
Even if it's just "fold paper and staple the middle", it really changes the sense of what it means to create these essential things.
-
Looking at the post-consumer apocalypse wasteland paintings of of Simon Stålenhag I must say again that he's a visionary SF artist.
It's not just the sense of a cataclysm but the nature of it suggested by the wreckage.
-
J jwcph@helvede.net shared this topic