Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
  1. Forside
  2. Ikke-kategoriseret
  3. #Trump buying diesel from #Putin might seem like a win for Putin in the short term.

#Trump buying diesel from #Putin might seem like a win for Putin in the short term.

Planlagt Fastgjort Låst Flyttet Ikke-kategoriseret
trumpputin
5 Indlæg 2 Posters 0 Visninger
  • Ældste til nyeste
  • Nyeste til ældste
  • Most Votes
Svar
  • Svar som emne
Login for at svare
Denne tråd er blevet slettet. Kun brugere med emne behandlings privilegier kan se den.
  • maryaustinbooks@mstdn.socialM This user is from outside of this forum
    maryaustinbooks@mstdn.socialM This user is from outside of this forum
    maryaustinbooks@mstdn.social
    wrote sidst redigeret af
    #1

    #Trump buying diesel from #Putin might seem like a win for Putin in the short term. But with many of Russia's refineries taken out by the war, where does that leave Putin? Russia has actually been importing gas, which is unheard of. It's not sustainable to keep exporting diesel to the US when people there are already shortages of diesel and regular gasoline in Russia. Sure, Putin needs cash, but like MAGA, Russians who supported him are already angry about gas prices.

    https://www.pbs.org/newshour/world/trump-strikes-deal-with-putin-for-russian-diesel-in-sharp-reversal-of-u-s-policy-ahead-of-midterms

    maryaustinbooks@mstdn.socialM 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • maryaustinbooks@mstdn.socialM maryaustinbooks@mstdn.social

      #Trump buying diesel from #Putin might seem like a win for Putin in the short term. But with many of Russia's refineries taken out by the war, where does that leave Putin? Russia has actually been importing gas, which is unheard of. It's not sustainable to keep exporting diesel to the US when people there are already shortages of diesel and regular gasoline in Russia. Sure, Putin needs cash, but like MAGA, Russians who supported him are already angry about gas prices.

      https://www.pbs.org/newshour/world/trump-strikes-deal-with-putin-for-russian-diesel-in-sharp-reversal-of-u-s-policy-ahead-of-midterms

      maryaustinbooks@mstdn.socialM This user is from outside of this forum
      maryaustinbooks@mstdn.socialM This user is from outside of this forum
      maryaustinbooks@mstdn.social
      wrote sidst redigeret af
      #2

      Also, I don't see this bailing Trump out. Even if it causes diesel prices to drop in time for the election, which I doubt, everything else is still expensive AF for working people in the US. And now he's publicly doing a deal with the devil. When I talk to soft MAGAs or former MAGAs, one of the issues we agree on most is that Putin sucks. The affordability issue is also causing the scales to fall from a lot more MAGA eyes.

      It's a Catch-22 for both dictators and I love that for them! 🥰

      tanyakaroli@expressional.socialT 1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • maryaustinbooks@mstdn.socialM maryaustinbooks@mstdn.social

        Also, I don't see this bailing Trump out. Even if it causes diesel prices to drop in time for the election, which I doubt, everything else is still expensive AF for working people in the US. And now he's publicly doing a deal with the devil. When I talk to soft MAGAs or former MAGAs, one of the issues we agree on most is that Putin sucks. The affordability issue is also causing the scales to fall from a lot more MAGA eyes.

        It's a Catch-22 for both dictators and I love that for them! 🥰

        tanyakaroli@expressional.socialT This user is from outside of this forum
        tanyakaroli@expressional.socialT This user is from outside of this forum
        tanyakaroli@expressional.social
        wrote sidst redigeret af
        #3

        @MaryAustinBooks what I very much don’t love is the fact that with any sale at all this will bring money into the Russian war machine and make the winter that much harder for the Ukrainians.

        maryaustinbooks@mstdn.socialM 1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • tanyakaroli@expressional.socialT tanyakaroli@expressional.social

          @MaryAustinBooks what I very much don’t love is the fact that with any sale at all this will bring money into the Russian war machine and make the winter that much harder for the Ukrainians.

          maryaustinbooks@mstdn.socialM This user is from outside of this forum
          maryaustinbooks@mstdn.socialM This user is from outside of this forum
          maryaustinbooks@mstdn.social
          wrote sidst redigeret af
          #4

          @tanyakaroli
          Of course. I'm disgusted with this too, just trying to think through all the consequences. Fortunately, this is not an unalloyed victory for Putin.

          tanyakaroli@expressional.socialT 1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • maryaustinbooks@mstdn.socialM maryaustinbooks@mstdn.social

            @tanyakaroli
            Of course. I'm disgusted with this too, just trying to think through all the consequences. Fortunately, this is not an unalloyed victory for Putin.

            tanyakaroli@expressional.socialT This user is from outside of this forum
            tanyakaroli@expressional.socialT This user is from outside of this forum
            tanyakaroli@expressional.social
            wrote sidst redigeret af
            #5

            @MaryAustinBooks I truly hope so. God, how I despise Trump for constantly choosing the absolute worst option.

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            Svar
            • Svar som emne
            Login for at svare
            • Ældste til nyeste
            • Nyeste til ældste
            • Most Votes


            • Log ind

            • Login or register to search.
            Powered by NodeBB Contributors
            Graciously hosted by data.coop
            • First post
              Last post
            0
            • Hjem
            • Seneste
            • Etiketter
            • Populære
            • Verden
            • Bruger
            • Grupper