A Canadian man who had two rats as pets learned that letting them drive a miniature car reduced their levels of stress, so he gave them an electric miniature car and taught them to drive.
-
@Khrys @Rainmaker1973 idk, my cat seems to get less and less stressed now all of his needs are attended to and he doesn't have to worry about getting run over by a car or not being able to find his next meal... I wish we were better at communicating with them so we could really give them a choice, but tbh if I could shirk the responsibilities of capitalism and live in the house of someone big who feeds me and loves me and my only job is to nap and play and receive affection... I totally would
Well, a cat is not a rat.
Cats have evolved to exploit humans and command them.
That's not the same (as far as I know) for rats.
-
Well, a cat is not a rat.
Cats have evolved to exploit humans and command them.
That's not the same (as far as I know) for rats.
@Khrys @Rainmaker1973 true. I assumed you were making a generalization about all sentient beings being kept as pets, but I actually don't have much of a counterpoint for rats specifically. I figure it probably depends on the home, but I've definitely seen rats that were probably stressed to hell being pets (eg, roommates had cats that loved to sit outside the cage and watch them
which sounds extremely stressful for the rats) -
@Khrys @Rainmaker1973 true. I assumed you were making a generalization about all sentient beings being kept as pets, but I actually don't have much of a counterpoint for rats specifically. I figure it probably depends on the home, but I've definitely seen rats that were probably stressed to hell being pets (eg, roommates had cats that loved to sit outside the cage and watch them
which sounds extremely stressful for the rats)I was moved by the sight of that poor rat in its «car» much to the amusement of the humans who treated it like a toy...
-
A Canadian man who had two rats as pets learned that letting them drive a miniature car reduced their levels of stress, so he gave them an electric miniature car and taught them to drive.
[
emperorsofmischief]@Rainmaker1973 "Hey Elon, I just solved your Full Self Driving problem. It's Full Rat Driving!"
-
A Canadian man who had two rats as pets learned that letting them drive a miniature car reduced their levels of stress, so he gave them an electric miniature car and taught them to drive.
[
emperorsofmischief]"It's a rat trap, baby, and you've been CAUGHT" - in the rat-race, no less.
-
A Canadian man who had two rats as pets learned that letting them drive a miniature car reduced their levels of stress, so he gave them an electric miniature car and taught them to drive.
[
emperorsofmischief]@Rainmaker1973 This is the future we wanted.
-
@Rainmaker1973 amazing. lol. We need more stuff like this in the world. Just so wholesome and fantastical.
-
A Canadian man who had two rats as pets learned that letting them drive a miniature car reduced their levels of stress, so he gave them an electric miniature car and taught them to drive.
[
emperorsofmischief]@Rainmaker1973 Now do
rat cycles. -
@Rainmaker1973 whereas you can teach dogs to drive but they find it very stressful
also weird to hear the non-Branflakes version of that song
@jackeric @Rainmaker1973 You really can't just stick your head out the window while driving. Takes all the joy out of the car.
-
@Rainmaker1973 first time in history that driving actually *reduced* the driver's stress...
@noiseician @Rainmaker1973 Yup, got stuck there as well - and was thinking of how many ratcars we'd need to finally increase stress again. 🤭
-
J jwcph@helvede.net shared this topic