Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
  1. Forside
  2. Ikke-kategoriseret
  3. I heard that the server #theForkiverse may shut down soon.

I heard that the server #theForkiverse may shut down soon.

Planlagt Fastgjort Låst Flyttet Ikke-kategoriseret
theforkiverseforkiverse
6 Indlæg 3 Posters 0 Visninger
  • Ældste til nyeste
  • Nyeste til ældste
  • Most Votes
Svar
  • Svar som emne
Login for at svare
Denne tråd er blevet slettet. Kun brugere med emne behandlings privilegier kan se den.
  • _elena@mastodon.social_ This user is from outside of this forum
    _elena@mastodon.social_ This user is from outside of this forum
    _elena@mastodon.social
    wrote sidst redigeret af
    #1

    I heard that the server #theForkiverse may shut down soon. No surprise, its admins have stopped communicating on it MONTHS ago.

    A moment of gratitude to the #Forkiverse for bringing 10k new people to the Fediverse... and with 750+ sticking around 🥳

    (Please backup your account and move to a new server ASAP)

    I'm especially grateful for @jonassmith who tried out the Forkiverse, loved it so much that he brought the place where he works - the National Gallery of Denmark! - on the Fediverse: @smk 🚀

    kristine@wehavecookies.socialK timcurry@zirk.usT 2 Replies Last reply
    1
    0
    • _elena@mastodon.social_ _elena@mastodon.social

      I heard that the server #theForkiverse may shut down soon. No surprise, its admins have stopped communicating on it MONTHS ago.

      A moment of gratitude to the #Forkiverse for bringing 10k new people to the Fediverse... and with 750+ sticking around 🥳

      (Please backup your account and move to a new server ASAP)

      I'm especially grateful for @jonassmith who tried out the Forkiverse, loved it so much that he brought the place where he works - the National Gallery of Denmark! - on the Fediverse: @smk 🚀

      kristine@wehavecookies.socialK This user is from outside of this forum
      kristine@wehavecookies.socialK This user is from outside of this forum
      kristine@wehavecookies.social
      wrote sidst redigeret af
      #2

      @_elena several of us has indeed moved 😊 they have not been particularly responsive on the instance, but they did bluntly communicate that the instance will close during their final episode of Hard Fork, so those who got the message to join, hopefully also got the message to move on. Or godspeed as they said. Happy to be here 🙏❤️

      _elena@mastodon.social_ 1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • kristine@wehavecookies.socialK kristine@wehavecookies.social

        @_elena several of us has indeed moved 😊 they have not been particularly responsive on the instance, but they did bluntly communicate that the instance will close during their final episode of Hard Fork, so those who got the message to join, hopefully also got the message to move on. Or godspeed as they said. Happy to be here 🙏❤️

        _elena@mastodon.social_ This user is from outside of this forum
        _elena@mastodon.social_ This user is from outside of this forum
        _elena@mastodon.social
        wrote sidst redigeret af
        #3

        @Kristine aw I hadn't listened to the last episode of Hard Fork. Makes sense now.

        I know they're very busy journalists but they did such a terrible job nurturing the community, sigh. It takes more than renting a server and inviting people on it ... I hope other people will notice and move in time.

        Thank you for being here Kristine! ❤️

        kristine@wehavecookies.socialK 2 Replies Last reply
        0
        • _elena@mastodon.social_ _elena@mastodon.social

          I heard that the server #theForkiverse may shut down soon. No surprise, its admins have stopped communicating on it MONTHS ago.

          A moment of gratitude to the #Forkiverse for bringing 10k new people to the Fediverse... and with 750+ sticking around 🥳

          (Please backup your account and move to a new server ASAP)

          I'm especially grateful for @jonassmith who tried out the Forkiverse, loved it so much that he brought the place where he works - the National Gallery of Denmark! - on the Fediverse: @smk 🚀

          timcurry@zirk.usT This user is from outside of this forum
          timcurry@zirk.usT This user is from outside of this forum
          timcurry@zirk.us
          wrote sidst redigeret af
          #4

          @_elena @jonassmith @smk indeed I'm grateful to #theforkiverse for bringing me back to Mastodon after a failed first try. I had given up on social media previously yet very much crave the potential for connection it still holds. And I'm very grateful to anyone who helps to nuture that potential on to fruition.

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • _elena@mastodon.social_ _elena@mastodon.social

            @Kristine aw I hadn't listened to the last episode of Hard Fork. Makes sense now.

            I know they're very busy journalists but they did such a terrible job nurturing the community, sigh. It takes more than renting a server and inviting people on it ... I hope other people will notice and move in time.

            Thank you for being here Kristine! ❤️

            kristine@wehavecookies.socialK This user is from outside of this forum
            kristine@wehavecookies.socialK This user is from outside of this forum
            kristine@wehavecookies.social
            wrote sidst redigeret af
            #5

            @_elena true that. They say it was an experiment. For some of us test subjects, it was a good experience and we tried to keep it alive and want to stay around. If the intro was their only intention, then I'll count it as success. If they had, or promised us, a well-moderated long-term home, then they forgot the work after that initial birth. Those who want to be here will figure it out 😊 thanks to you and all for a warm welcome back then and now during our migration ❤️

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • _elena@mastodon.social_ _elena@mastodon.social

              @Kristine aw I hadn't listened to the last episode of Hard Fork. Makes sense now.

              I know they're very busy journalists but they did such a terrible job nurturing the community, sigh. It takes more than renting a server and inviting people on it ... I hope other people will notice and move in time.

              Thank you for being here Kristine! ❤️

              kristine@wehavecookies.socialK This user is from outside of this forum
              kristine@wehavecookies.socialK This user is from outside of this forum
              kristine@wehavecookies.social
              wrote sidst redigeret af
              #6

              @_elena and yes, 15-20 of us have been trying to organize and inform to ensure those who want will move. We tried, and failed, briefly to find a common place to move. Quite a few, if not most in that group, went to sunny garden. Hopefully we all find a place to me, or to move on further if our new place is not fitting

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • nodebb@fosstodon.orgN nodebb@fosstodon.org shared this topic
              Svar
              • Svar som emne
              Login for at svare
              • Ældste til nyeste
              • Nyeste til ældste
              • Most Votes


              • Log ind

              • Login or register to search.
              Powered by NodeBB Contributors
              Graciously hosted by data.coop
              • First post
                Last post
              0
              • Hjem
              • Seneste
              • Etiketter
              • Populære
              • Verden
              • Bruger
              • Grupper