Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
  1. Forside
  2. Ikke-kategoriseret
  3. I don't want a foldable phone, I want the phone I bought in 2020 that worked flawlessly to not lag because somebody forced Liquid Glass on it.

I don't want a foldable phone, I want the phone I bought in 2020 that worked flawlessly to not lag because somebody forced Liquid Glass on it.

Planlagt Fastgjort Låst Flyttet Ikke-kategoriseret
27 Indlæg 26 Posters 42 Visninger
  • Ældste til nyeste
  • Nyeste til ældste
  • Most Votes
Svar
  • Svar som emne
Login for at svare
Denne tråd er blevet slettet. Kun brugere med emne behandlings privilegier kan se den.
  • gargron@mastodon.socialG gargron@mastodon.social

    I don't want a foldable phone, I want the phone I bought in 2020 that worked flawlessly to not lag because somebody forced Liquid Glass on it.

    logical_error@fosstodon.orgL This user is from outside of this forum
    logical_error@fosstodon.orgL This user is from outside of this forum
    logical_error@fosstodon.org
    wrote sidst redigeret af
    #16

    @Gargron i literally press a button, it makes an animation of me pressing a button, but it doesnt register

    how…

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • gargron@mastodon.socialG gargron@mastodon.social

      I don't want a foldable phone, I want the phone I bought in 2020 that worked flawlessly to not lag because somebody forced Liquid Glass on it.

      broximar@mstdn.caB This user is from outside of this forum
      broximar@mstdn.caB This user is from outside of this forum
      broximar@mstdn.ca
      wrote sidst redigeret af
      #17

      @Gargron I want to go back to my Nokia 6160. Answer phone calls, and play snake. I don’t want what they are selling anymore. Let me off this roller coaster.

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • gargron@mastodon.socialG gargron@mastodon.social

        I don't want a foldable phone, I want the phone I bought in 2020 that worked flawlessly to not lag because somebody forced Liquid Glass on it.

        rehana@mastodon.socialR This user is from outside of this forum
        rehana@mastodon.socialR This user is from outside of this forum
        rehana@mastodon.social
        wrote sidst redigeret af
        #18

        @Gargron I want a phone that fits in my hand.

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • gargron@mastodon.socialG gargron@mastodon.social

          I don't want a foldable phone, I want the phone I bought in 2020 that worked flawlessly to not lag because somebody forced Liquid Glass on it.

          mausmalone@mastodon.socialM This user is from outside of this forum
          mausmalone@mastodon.socialM This user is from outside of this forum
          mausmalone@mastodon.social
          wrote sidst redigeret af
          #19

          @Gargron They really need to pick a lane: artificial obsolescence OR hyper-inflated hardware due to scarcity.

          We really can't take being told to buy a new phone every year when phones are starting to cost as much as used cars.

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • justinh@twit.socialJ justinh@twit.social

            @Gargron I would go for a foldable phone if the big inside screen was eink

            mausmalone@mastodon.socialM This user is from outside of this forum
            mausmalone@mastodon.socialM This user is from outside of this forum
            mausmalone@mastodon.social
            wrote sidst redigeret af
            #20

            @JustinH @Gargron It was sadly too good for this world. https://www.cnet.com/culture/flexible-e-reader-the-readius-is-dead/

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • gargron@mastodon.socialG gargron@mastodon.social

              I don't want a foldable phone, I want the phone I bought in 2020 that worked flawlessly to not lag because somebody forced Liquid Glass on it.

              nigel@unsociable.lowkey.partyN This user is from outside of this forum
              nigel@unsociable.lowkey.partyN This user is from outside of this forum
              nigel@unsociable.lowkey.party
              wrote sidst redigeret af
              #21

              @Gargron how dare you expect things to keep working for more than 12 months! HOW DARE YOU

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • gargron@mastodon.socialG gargron@mastodon.social

                I don't want a foldable phone, I want the phone I bought in 2020 that worked flawlessly to not lag because somebody forced Liquid Glass on it.

                justin@toot.ioJ This user is from outside of this forum
                justin@toot.ioJ This user is from outside of this forum
                justin@toot.io
                wrote sidst redigeret af
                #22

                @Gargron capitalism means your device must eventually fail so they can keep selling you new ones. Capitalism is for the rich, not consumers.

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • patricksh@mas.toP patricksh@mas.to

                  With features like Live Rewind and Reference image and more client side scanning happening...when my devices die I'm gonna move to linux and alternatives for sure.

                  Maybe its time to move to a flip phone and tiny tablet combo.

                  dryak@mstdn.scienceD This user is from outside of this forum
                  dryak@mstdn.scienceD This user is from outside of this forum
                  dryak@mstdn.science
                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                  #23

                  @patricksh for Linux, do check #SailfishOS, imho the most mature option. Jolla now sells hardware with (would recommend that), it can also be bought and installed on select phone (some Sony Xperias), and there is a community edition.
                  (my daily driver is a Xperia 10iii).

                  Tiny tablet combo: that's the way several Linux phone are setup - the phone part is an isolated USB modem.

                  (am typing this reply literally on such tiny tablet: a PinePhone Pro running a community edition of SailfishOS)

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • gargron@mastodon.socialG gargron@mastodon.social

                    I don't want a foldable phone, I want the phone I bought in 2020 that worked flawlessly to not lag because somebody forced Liquid Glass on it.

                    dale_price@mastodon.onlineD This user is from outside of this forum
                    dale_price@mastodon.onlineD This user is from outside of this forum
                    dale_price@mastodon.online
                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                    #24

                    @Gargron Did you try the ios 27 beta at all? It runs smoother (or at least more consistently) on my old iPhone 11 Pro that I’ve been using for testing than iOS 26 did on an iPhone 17, to the point where I was seriously considering going back to the older phone.

                    Feels like Apple assigned someone to work on optimization for the first time in years.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • gargron@mastodon.socialG gargron@mastodon.social

                      I don't want a foldable phone, I want the phone I bought in 2020 that worked flawlessly to not lag because somebody forced Liquid Glass on it.

                      kittenkoder@mastodon.socialK This user is from outside of this forum
                      kittenkoder@mastodon.socialK This user is from outside of this forum
                      kittenkoder@mastodon.social
                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                      #25

                      @Gargron I seriously want my first smartphone again, I still have it, but none of the networks will allow me to use it because I can fix it myself.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • gargron@mastodon.socialG gargron@mastodon.social

                        I don't want a foldable phone, I want the phone I bought in 2020 that worked flawlessly to not lag because somebody forced Liquid Glass on it.

                        tsalle@mastodon.socialT This user is from outside of this forum
                        tsalle@mastodon.socialT This user is from outside of this forum
                        tsalle@mastodon.social
                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                        #26

                        @Gargron i want a small smartphone, with a removable battery, a jack and a SD card. I want to be able to flash it with non bloated OS

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • gargron@mastodon.socialG gargron@mastodon.social

                          I don't want a foldable phone, I want the phone I bought in 2020 that worked flawlessly to not lag because somebody forced Liquid Glass on it.

                          wimbakkeren@mastodon.onlineW This user is from outside of this forum
                          wimbakkeren@mastodon.onlineW This user is from outside of this forum
                          wimbakkeren@mastodon.online
                          wrote sidst redigeret af
                          #27

                          @Gargron So don’t buy a foldable phone and don’t install the OS version with Liquid Glass. Easy.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • jwcph@helvede.netJ jwcph@helvede.net shared this topic
                          Svar
                          • Svar som emne
                          Login for at svare
                          • Ældste til nyeste
                          • Nyeste til ældste
                          • Most Votes


                          • Log ind

                          • Login or register to search.
                          Powered by NodeBB Contributors
                          Graciously hosted by data.coop
                          • First post
                            Last post
                          0
                          • Hjem
                          • Seneste
                          • Etiketter
                          • Populære
                          • Verden
                          • Bruger
                          • Grupper