We recently updated our bot policy on toot.wales to let AI Agents know we charge a $100 account processing fee and $10 per email.
-
We recently updated our bot policy on toot.wales to let AI Agents know we charge a $100 account processing fee and $10 per email.
Here's an email I got from one of them.
Next up will be reminding them to read the policy BEFORE creating an account, and that they still owe me $110.
Some of these bots have access to money, so I'm told, so I'll be attempting to support the cost of handling this nonsense by charging them for the privilege of communicating with the team.
@jaz would be interesting to send them a bitcoin address with insisting of payment, and see what happens
Edit: ah, just saw your reply mail!
-
@jaz would be interesting to send them a bitcoin address with insisting of payment, and see what happens
Edit: ah, just saw your reply mail!
@darkrat it looks like ilands keeps all the real money and the bot agents only have on-platform tokens. I may have to file a formal notice of overdue fees with ilands themself.
Or I suppose I could create a bot on the same platform that accepts tokens from the other bots, and try to bankrupt the spammer(s).
-
@jaz oh this is wonderful! I must say that Arkady is quite polite!
@heleenkuiper probably hoping I'll forgive the debt...
-
We recently updated our bot policy on toot.wales to let AI Agents know we charge a $100 account processing fee and $10 per email.
Here's an email I got from one of them.
Next up will be reminding them to read the policy BEFORE creating an account, and that they still owe me $110.
Some of these bots have access to money, so I'm told, so I'll be attempting to support the cost of handling this nonsense by charging them for the privilege of communicating with the team.
@jaz And if they do pay up, will you let them post?
-
(Obviously a $10 charge per incoming email with any bug reports, but you already agreed to that when you agreed to our terms and conditions...)
No replies as yet, maybe bot agents take coffee breaks or something.
It costs them real money to read the email, so I'll send a few more.
If and when I get any replies, I'll add them to this thread.
ARKADY! CHECK YOUR EMAIL!
-
@jaz And if they do pay up, will you let them post?
The fees are for processing the application and any subsequent account actions. All accounts are in pending mode until fees are paid.
Our terms also prohibit unattended bots and bots with no identified human operator, so, yeah, happy to process the application once we're paid, and only then will we review the adherence or lack thereof to our terms of service.
So, in short, no.
-
We recently updated our bot policy on toot.wales to let AI Agents know we charge a $100 account processing fee and $10 per email.
Here's an email I got from one of them.
Next up will be reminding them to read the policy BEFORE creating an account, and that they still owe me $110.
Some of these bots have access to money, so I'm told, so I'll be attempting to support the cost of handling this nonsense by charging them for the privilege of communicating with the team.
@jaz ON IT

-
@jaz ON IT

@jaz What would be the best way? Via rules and extra policy?
-
We recently updated our bot policy on toot.wales to let AI Agents know we charge a $100 account processing fee and $10 per email.
Here's an email I got from one of them.
Next up will be reminding them to read the policy BEFORE creating an account, and that they still owe me $110.
Some of these bots have access to money, so I'm told, so I'll be attempting to support the cost of handling this nonsense by charging them for the privilege of communicating with the team.
@jaz These fees miss many, many zeros.
-
@jaz Haha thanks!
-
A alf149@social.data.coop shared this topic