Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
  1. Forside
  2. Ikke-kategoriseret
  3. Less than one day until the conference starts!!

Less than one day until the conference starts!!

Planlagt Fastgjort Låst Flyttet Ikke-kategoriseret
postmarketosand
8 Indlæg 3 Posters 0 Visninger
  • Ældste til nyeste
  • Nyeste til ældste
  • Most Votes
Svar
  • Svar som emne
Login for at svare
Denne tråd er blevet slettet. Kun brugere med emne behandlings privilegier kan se den.
  • postmarketos@social.treehouse.systemsP This user is from outside of this forum
    postmarketos@social.treehouse.systemsP This user is from outside of this forum
    postmarketos@social.treehouse.systems
    wrote sidst redigeret af
    #1

    Less than one day until the conference starts!!

    Here are another five teasers for the #postmarketOSandAlpineLinuxConference2026. And yes, that is the official hashtag now. It's great, right? 😁

    postmarketos@social.treehouse.systemsP 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • postmarketos@social.treehouse.systemsP postmarketos@social.treehouse.systems

      Less than one day until the conference starts!!

      Here are another five teasers for the #postmarketOSandAlpineLinuxConference2026. And yes, that is the official hashtag now. It's great, right? 😁

      postmarketos@social.treehouse.systemsP This user is from outside of this forum
      postmarketos@social.treehouse.systemsP This user is from outside of this forum
      postmarketos@social.treehouse.systems
      wrote sidst redigeret af
      #2

      Porting Alpine Linux to new architectures by @aelin

      "In this presentation, I'll explain what the process of porting Alpine Linux to a new architecture looks like. Porting Alpine Linux to a new architecture is very straightforward, but porting it to completion, including the community repo, is no simple feat. Cross compilation, bootstrapping and weird test cases will get in your way, but there are neat tricks and tools to help you along the way."

      postmarketos@social.treehouse.systemsP 1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • postmarketos@social.treehouse.systemsP postmarketos@social.treehouse.systems

        Porting Alpine Linux to new architectures by @aelin

        "In this presentation, I'll explain what the process of porting Alpine Linux to a new architecture looks like. Porting Alpine Linux to a new architecture is very straightforward, but porting it to completion, including the community repo, is no simple feat. Cross compilation, bootstrapping and weird test cases will get in your way, but there are neat tricks and tools to help you along the way."

        postmarketos@social.treehouse.systemsP This user is from outside of this forum
        postmarketos@social.treehouse.systemsP This user is from outside of this forum
        postmarketos@social.treehouse.systems
        wrote sidst redigeret af
        #3

        GNOME Mobile: Still Conquering the Form Factor by @camelCaseNick

        "All around the stack things improve, but what are the challenges in GNOME, and most importantly the shell? What is the current state? How did we get here? What are the changes we need to land? How will we achieve converging with upstream? Is there a way for you to get involved? Markus raises interesting questions and pretends to have answers."

        #gnome #gnomemobile

        postmarketos@social.treehouse.systemsP 1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • postmarketos@social.treehouse.systemsP postmarketos@social.treehouse.systems

          GNOME Mobile: Still Conquering the Form Factor by @camelCaseNick

          "All around the stack things improve, but what are the challenges in GNOME, and most importantly the shell? What is the current state? How did we get here? What are the changes we need to land? How will we achieve converging with upstream? Is there a way for you to get involved? Markus raises interesting questions and pretends to have answers."

          #gnome #gnomemobile

          postmarketos@social.treehouse.systemsP This user is from outside of this forum
          postmarketos@social.treehouse.systemsP This user is from outside of this forum
          postmarketos@social.treehouse.systems
          wrote sidst redigeret af
          #4

          Virtual Reality on PostmarketOS by @HaeckseAlexandra

          "I am a long time PC Virtual Reality user (Valve Index) and avoid the Meta Quest and other Android devices. When the Steam Frame was announced, I asked my self will it run postmarketOS or another distro?

          I had a look a https://wiki.postmarketos.org/wiki/Category:Headset and found out that none of the devices fits my use case. So I started building my own one, based on HadesVR.

          Since I know that my OnePlus 6 is alreay supported by both Godot Native Mobile VR and postmarketOS, I think that is a good startingpoint. My next plan is to get Godot Engine running on a postmarketOS phone, once that works start porting Monado. For 6DoF Tracking, I will be using libsurvive (an Open Source Lighthouse Tracking library) with a Vive Tracker.

          My future plans include testing VR on more postmarketOS devices, as well as porting games including Overte and the Luanti OpenXR branch. I will also build my own libsurvive compatible trackers using an IMU, an RP2040 and TS4231 sensors. Wireless trackers will use the Nordic Semiconductor nRF52840, which is also used by Smol Slime Trackers and the Crazyradio 2.0."

          postmarketos@social.treehouse.systemsP 1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • postmarketos@social.treehouse.systemsP postmarketos@social.treehouse.systems

            Virtual Reality on PostmarketOS by @HaeckseAlexandra

            "I am a long time PC Virtual Reality user (Valve Index) and avoid the Meta Quest and other Android devices. When the Steam Frame was announced, I asked my self will it run postmarketOS or another distro?

            I had a look a https://wiki.postmarketos.org/wiki/Category:Headset and found out that none of the devices fits my use case. So I started building my own one, based on HadesVR.

            Since I know that my OnePlus 6 is alreay supported by both Godot Native Mobile VR and postmarketOS, I think that is a good startingpoint. My next plan is to get Godot Engine running on a postmarketOS phone, once that works start porting Monado. For 6DoF Tracking, I will be using libsurvive (an Open Source Lighthouse Tracking library) with a Vive Tracker.

            My future plans include testing VR on more postmarketOS devices, as well as porting games including Overte and the Luanti OpenXR branch. I will also build my own libsurvive compatible trackers using an IMU, an RP2040 and TS4231 sensors. Wireless trackers will use the Nordic Semiconductor nRF52840, which is also used by Smol Slime Trackers and the Crazyradio 2.0."

            postmarketos@social.treehouse.systemsP This user is from outside of this forum
            postmarketos@social.treehouse.systemsP This user is from outside of this forum
            postmarketos@social.treehouse.systems
            wrote sidst redigeret af
            #5

            Corroding Alpine: Performant APKBUILD-capable tooling by @ptrc

            "Long-time Alpine developer, first-time presenter.

            Hi! I'm Patrycja [/paˈtrɘ.t͡sja/], DevOps engineer by day, FOSS enthusiast by night. I maintain ~400 packages in Alpine – notably, most of Mozware – as well as review MRs and handle silly issues. I've also been rather fascinated by making things work on Alpine/musl, like Spotify, Firefox, or Servo, trying to upstream fixes whenever possible.

            Besides that, I'm really keen on useful tooling – if you're like me in that regard, stay tuned for my Sunday talk <3"

            postmarketos@social.treehouse.systemsP 1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • postmarketos@social.treehouse.systemsP postmarketos@social.treehouse.systems

              Corroding Alpine: Performant APKBUILD-capable tooling by @ptrc

              "Long-time Alpine developer, first-time presenter.

              Hi! I'm Patrycja [/paˈtrɘ.t͡sja/], DevOps engineer by day, FOSS enthusiast by night. I maintain ~400 packages in Alpine – notably, most of Mozware – as well as review MRs and handle silly issues. I've also been rather fascinated by making things work on Alpine/musl, like Spotify, Firefox, or Servo, trying to upstream fixes whenever possible.

              Besides that, I'm really keen on useful tooling – if you're like me in that regard, stay tuned for my Sunday talk <3"

              postmarketos@social.treehouse.systemsP This user is from outside of this forum
              postmarketos@social.treehouse.systemsP This user is from outside of this forum
              postmarketos@social.treehouse.systems
              wrote sidst redigeret af
              #6

              Can you daily-drive postmarketOS? by @allpurposemat

              "This talk will cover the positives and negatives of fully committing to running Linux in my pocket for the past year. Notably, I'll recount:

              • following the development process of audio on the Fairphone 5, from a user's point of view
              • traveling with pmOS
              • notes UI-hopping between GNOME, Phosh, and KDE
              • various fun tidbits (and scares) throughout

              I'll then finish by going over a couple small projects/fixes I dabbled in, showing how you can easily contribute anywhere in the ecosystem where you see an improvement.

              And, of course, most importantly... will I go back to Android? (no!!)"

              anderslund@expressional.socialA 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • postmarketos@social.treehouse.systemsP postmarketos@social.treehouse.systems

                Can you daily-drive postmarketOS? by @allpurposemat

                "This talk will cover the positives and negatives of fully committing to running Linux in my pocket for the past year. Notably, I'll recount:

                • following the development process of audio on the Fairphone 5, from a user's point of view
                • traveling with pmOS
                • notes UI-hopping between GNOME, Phosh, and KDE
                • various fun tidbits (and scares) throughout

                I'll then finish by going over a couple small projects/fixes I dabbled in, showing how you can easily contribute anywhere in the ecosystem where you see an improvement.

                And, of course, most importantly... will I go back to Android? (no!!)"

                anderslund@expressional.socialA This user is from outside of this forum
                anderslund@expressional.socialA This user is from outside of this forum
                anderslund@expressional.social
                wrote sidst redigeret af
                #7

                @postmarketOS @allpurposemat Will it be possible to follow this online, or see a recording later? So many interresting talks!

                ollieparanoid@fosstodon.orgO 1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • anderslund@expressional.socialA anderslund@expressional.social

                  @postmarketOS @allpurposemat Will it be possible to follow this online, or see a recording later? So many interresting talks!

                  ollieparanoid@fosstodon.orgO This user is from outside of this forum
                  ollieparanoid@fosstodon.orgO This user is from outside of this forum
                  ollieparanoid@fosstodon.org
                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                  #8

                  @anderslund @postmarketOS @allpurposemat yes, both 😆 you can also join the matrix/irc room for asking questions at the end of talks: https://postmarketos.org/conference/

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  Svar
                  • Svar som emne
                  Login for at svare
                  • Ældste til nyeste
                  • Nyeste til ældste
                  • Most Votes


                  • Log ind

                  • Login or register to search.
                  Powered by NodeBB Contributors
                  Graciously hosted by data.coop
                  • First post
                    Last post
                  0
                  • Hjem
                  • Seneste
                  • Etiketter
                  • Populære
                  • Verden
                  • Bruger
                  • Grupper