Typology of Pedestrian Walking Symbols
-
@Natasha_Jay no Ampelmann though!

AMPELMANN Berlin https://www.ampelmann.de/en/
-
@Natasha_Jay no Ampelmann though!

AMPELMANN Berlin https://www.ampelmann.de/en/
@combat_penguin @Natasha_Jay How could they have missed the iconic Ampelman?
It's OK that they missed it, think about it from the point of view of someone that has started this lovely project.
Now they have another image, and they have to reorder ALL of their images so that they get full contact sheets - we have just given them a task!
So, be gentle, the fact that they missed Ampelman is a discovery for them that may ruin their perfectly organized image collection ...
-
@Natasha_Jay no Ampelmann though!

AMPELMANN Berlin https://www.ampelmann.de/en/
-
Typology of Pedestrian Walking Symbols
... the brainchild of photographer Maya Barkai who collected the various representations of the “walking man” from around the world
http://www.coadesign.org/portfolio/walking-men/@Natasha_Jay since everyone has pointed out the missing Ampelmann, there's also the Hilversum and Tilburg cross walks with a jaunty ponytail
-
@mina@berlin.social @combat_penguin@infosec.exchange @Natasha_Jay@tech.lgbt
Missing indeed, not only in eastern Berlin -
Typology of Pedestrian Walking Symbols
... the brainchild of photographer Maya Barkai who collected the various representations of the “walking man” from around the world
http://www.coadesign.org/portfolio/walking-men/@Natasha_Jay @blogdiva cool; when I started walking places with my spouse I was like we have to wait for the walking person sign and she was like you mean for the white man to give us permission
I see her point now (and in California they are white and not particularly gender neutral). -
Typology of Pedestrian Walking Symbols
... the brainchild of photographer Maya Barkai who collected the various representations of the “walking man” from around the world
http://www.coadesign.org/portfolio/walking-men/@Natasha_Jay Irish pedestrian traffic lights in their green phase use this Traditional Irish Dancing signal https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5alvB4TlMA
-
Typology of Pedestrian Walking Symbols
... the brainchild of photographer Maya Barkai who collected the various representations of the “walking man” from around the world
http://www.coadesign.org/portfolio/walking-men/@Natasha_Jay I'm sure there's a dissertation's worth on whether the simplest stick figures here can be considered gender neutral. I think the ones with hair and a hat are clearly not. I forget where I saw this but I thought I once saw a walking light represented by footprints.
-
Typology of Pedestrian Walking Symbols
... the brainchild of photographer Maya Barkai who collected the various representations of the “walking man” from around the world
http://www.coadesign.org/portfolio/walking-men/@Natasha_Jay
the fun with the Mexican one is he's walking/running faster according to the seconds left before passing to the red one. -
Typology of Pedestrian Walking Symbols
... the brainchild of photographer Maya Barkai who collected the various representations of the “walking man” from around the world
http://www.coadesign.org/portfolio/walking-men/@Natasha_Jay Istanbul looks like he needs the loo

-
Typology of Pedestrian Walking Symbols
... the brainchild of photographer Maya Barkai who collected the various representations of the “walking man” from around the world
http://www.coadesign.org/portfolio/walking-men/How about using @altbot if it's to time consuming to describe these quite detailed images?
I tried it with the fourth image out of curiosity and it even created simple descriptions of the symbols. (I like the weavy person from Andorra)
#Altbot had become much better over the last 12 month - I would say:
https://mstdn.social/@stekopf/117309622887604634 -
Typology of Pedestrian Walking Symbols
... the brainchild of photographer Maya Barkai who collected the various representations of the “walking man” from around the world
http://www.coadesign.org/portfolio/walking-men/I am greatly enjoying the comments on this thread

-
Typology of Pedestrian Walking Symbols
... the brainchild of photographer Maya Barkai who collected the various representations of the “walking man” from around the world
http://www.coadesign.org/portfolio/walking-men/@Natasha_Jay London also looks like this:
-
@Natasha_Jay since everyone has pointed out the missing Ampelmann, there's also the Hilversum and Tilburg cross walks with a jaunty ponytail
-
Typology of Pedestrian Walking Symbols
... the brainchild of photographer Maya Barkai who collected the various representations of the “walking man” from around the world
http://www.coadesign.org/portfolio/walking-men/@Natasha_Jay Esslingen / Germany has "Äffle und Pferdle" as red/green lights
-
Typology of Pedestrian Walking Symbols
... the brainchild of photographer Maya Barkai who collected the various representations of the “walking man” from around the world
http://www.coadesign.org/portfolio/walking-men/What? No Ostmännchen? And none of these?
-
I am greatly enjoying the comments on this thread

@Natasha_Jay Curious how in Italy we have the most neutral, icon styled walking person. So neutral that I never thought very much about it

-
I am greatly enjoying the comments on this thread

@Natasha_Jay today i learned that andorra has at least one traffic light!
-
@Natasha_Jay Esslingen / Germany has "Äffle und Pferdle" as red/green lights
@Natasha_Jay And in Bayreuth / Germany composer Richard Wagner can be found.
-
Typology of Pedestrian Walking Symbols
... the brainchild of photographer Maya Barkai who collected the various representations of the “walking man” from around the world
http://www.coadesign.org/portfolio/walking-men/@Natasha_Jay Vienna has had so many different and wonderful traffic light figures since the Eurovision Song Contest… showing just one really isn’t enough.

