Get in on the Ars community that doesn’t fit beneath an article
-
@mhoye @arstechnica that's frickin' wild

I'm sure there are like a bazillion (free!) stock images out there of a keyboard. Geez!
@jaredwhite @mhoye @arstechnica I'd always held ARS in high regard, but yeah, maybe this warrants an unfollow...
-
Get in on the Ars community that doesn’t fit beneath an article
You've read the stories. Now check out our forums.
https://arstechnica.com/staff/2026/08/get-in-on-the-ars-community-that-doesnt-fit-beneath-an-article/?utm_brand=arstechnica&utm_social-type=owned&utm_source=mastodon&utm_medium=social@arstechnica Ars is trying to be The Onion now?? I'm unfollowing; I don't need that in my feed.
-
@arstechnica Ars, could you just pay an artist instead of showing us this slop? Look at this keyboard layout. Could you just pay somebody to care enough to not slap your logo on a keyboard with two "O"s?
@mhoye@cosocial.ca on the other hand… it kind of makes sense, lol
-
@mhoye@cosocial.ca on the other hand… it kind of makes sense, lol
@tivasyk Niiiiice.
-
Get in on the Ars community that doesn’t fit beneath an article
You've read the stories. Now check out our forums.
https://arstechnica.com/staff/2026/08/get-in-on-the-ars-community-that-doesnt-fit-beneath-an-article/?utm_brand=arstechnica&utm_social-type=owned&utm_source=mastodon&utm_medium=social@arstechnica Ars subscriber here. This shit is undermining your credibility, and making me wonder whether I want to renew my subscription. I would pay *not* to see slop
-
@arstechnica Ars, could you just pay an artist instead of showing us this slop? Look at this keyboard layout. Could you just pay somebody to care enough to not slap your logo on a keyboard with two "O"s?
@mhoye the unfortunate thing is the credit on that image is "Aurich Lawson / Getty", and (at least historically) Aurich *is* the artist that @arstechnica pays to create images, but his recent output has been as slopified as the rest of Ars' content.
-
@arstechnica Ars, could you just pay an artist instead of showing us this slop? Look at this keyboard layout. Could you just pay somebody to care enough to not slap your logo on a keyboard with two "O"s?
fascinatingly this seems to be an old stock photo where someone took a Turkish keyboard layout and removed the diacritics
https://notes.kvibber.com/@kelson/statuses/01M1D0PE4AZ0X8MSF163SYH7V2
-
@tivasyk Niiiiice.
@mhoye @tivasyk https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:TurkishQWERTY.png its an edited version of a Turkish keyboard, to remove the diacritics.
The stock photographer is probably Turkish and worked with what they had on hand.
-
Get in on the Ars community that doesn’t fit beneath an article
You've read the stories. Now check out our forums.
https://arstechnica.com/staff/2026/08/get-in-on-the-ars-community-that-doesnt-fit-beneath-an-article/?utm_brand=arstechnica&utm_social-type=owned&utm_source=mastodon&utm_medium=social@arstechnica If you all can’t afford to pay an artist, why should I believe anything you write? What does that imply for your writing and research, I wonder.
-
T tokeriis@helvede.net shared this topic
-
Get in on the Ars community that doesn’t fit beneath an article
You've read the stories. Now check out our forums.
https://arstechnica.com/staff/2026/08/get-in-on-the-ars-community-that-doesnt-fit-beneath-an-article/?utm_brand=arstechnica&utm_social-type=owned&utm_source=mastodon&utm_medium=social@arstechnica I was always there for the forums, then @siracusa’s OS reviews, but slop keyboards suck!