I wish we could go back to a 100 years ago when Christian cultists were largely interested in becoming vegetarian and inventing new diets and foods to prevent masturbation
-
I wish we could go back to a 100 years ago when Christian cultists were largely interested in becoming vegetarian and inventing new diets and foods to prevent masturbation
It’s bound to be better than whatever *this* is
@skinnylatte more Cornflakes less fascism
-
@skinnylatte I don't know, I feel like it's what got us here
@kinsale42 I would just go back in time and stop the Pentecostal branch from ever sprouting
-
@kinsale42 I would just go back in time and stop the Pentecostal branch from ever sprouting
@skinnylatte that sounds like a good plan
-
I wish we could go back to a 100 years ago when Christian cultists were largely interested in becoming vegetarian and inventing new diets and foods to prevent masturbation
It’s bound to be better than whatever *this* is
@skinnylatte as someone who grew up in an upbringing with alternative medicine ruling all in possibly the most conservative part of a state ruled by a christian sect, it never left.
-
I wish we could go back to a 100 years ago when Christian cultists were largely interested in becoming vegetarian and inventing new diets and foods to prevent masturbation
It’s bound to be better than whatever *this* is
On second thoughts, yeah there is a straight line from then to now.
However the apocalyptic rapture enthusiasts came later
-
On second thoughts, yeah there is a straight line from then to now.
However the apocalyptic rapture enthusiasts came later
@skinnylatte There were apocalyptic rapture enthusiasts earlier, too. They go in and out of fashion a lot.
-
@skinnylatte There were apocalyptic rapture enthusiasts earlier, too. They go in and out of fashion a lot.
@skinnylatte Like, they've been very fashionable a number of times over the past 2000 years.
-
@skinnylatte There were apocalyptic rapture enthusiasts earlier, too. They go in and out of fashion a lot.
@rednikki @skinnylatte this is like the whole point of Revelations
-
@rednikki @skinnylatte this is like the whole point of Revelations
@rednikki @skinnylatte Like, I appreciate the idea that Christians were at some point majorly non-violent, since a few Christian ideals are rather nice, and it can be comforting to think the currently dominant religion in the west was at one point decent, but that's also ignoring most of western history afaict
-
@rednikki @skinnylatte Like, I appreciate the idea that Christians were at some point majorly non-violent, since a few Christian ideals are rather nice, and it can be comforting to think the currently dominant religion in the west was at one point decent, but that's also ignoring most of western history afaict
@rednikki @skinnylatte God knows I love the idea of a Big Bro, bong smoking, anti-state punk Jesus, but I don't think that view of him has been dominant at all since he died
-
I wish we could go back to a 100 years ago when Christian cultists were largely interested in becoming vegetarian and inventing new diets and foods to prevent masturbation
It’s bound to be better than whatever *this* is
@skinnylatte @aud it’s not like they had a looming massive financial crisis and a rising global fascist insurgency in 1926
(hand to earpiece)
I’m sorry I am being told that
-
I wish we could go back to a 100 years ago when Christian cultists were largely interested in becoming vegetarian and inventing new diets and foods to prevent masturbation
It’s bound to be better than whatever *this* is
@skinnylatte OMG I recently researched "graham crackers" as part of an ancestry project of mine. https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/graham-crackers
-
J jwcph@helvede.net shared this topic