Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
  1. Forside
  2. Ikke-kategoriseret
  3. 3d printers are so underrated when it comes to "I want to attach this to that".

3d printers are so underrated when it comes to "I want to attach this to that".

Planlagt Fastgjort Låst Flyttet Ikke-kategoriseret
9 Indlæg 6 Posters 11 Visninger
  • Ældste til nyeste
  • Nyeste til ældste
  • Most Votes
Svar
  • Svar som emne
Login for at svare
Denne tråd er blevet slettet. Kun brugere med emne behandlings privilegier kan se den.
  • xssfox@cloudisland.nzX This user is from outside of this forum
    xssfox@cloudisland.nzX This user is from outside of this forum
    xssfox@cloudisland.nz
    wrote sidst redigeret af
    #1

    3d printers are so underrated when it comes to "I want to attach this to that". 45 minutes later I have an adapter for pretty much just a me use case.

    nazokiyoubinbou@urusai.socialN timixretroplays@digipres.clubT duk3luk3@cloudisland.nzD june@mspsocial.netJ 4 Replies Last reply
    1
    0
    • xssfox@cloudisland.nzX xssfox@cloudisland.nz

      3d printers are so underrated when it comes to "I want to attach this to that". 45 minutes later I have an adapter for pretty much just a me use case.

      nazokiyoubinbou@urusai.socialN This user is from outside of this forum
      nazokiyoubinbou@urusai.socialN This user is from outside of this forum
      nazokiyoubinbou@urusai.social
      wrote sidst redigeret af
      #2

      @xssfox I think if I had a 3D printer I'd just have it running 24/7.

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • xssfox@cloudisland.nzX xssfox@cloudisland.nz

        3d printers are so underrated when it comes to "I want to attach this to that". 45 minutes later I have an adapter for pretty much just a me use case.

        timixretroplays@digipres.clubT This user is from outside of this forum
        timixretroplays@digipres.clubT This user is from outside of this forum
        timixretroplays@digipres.club
        wrote sidst redigeret af
        #3

        @xssfox most of my 3D printing project folders have "adapter" somewhere in the name

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • xssfox@cloudisland.nzX xssfox@cloudisland.nz

          3d printers are so underrated when it comes to "I want to attach this to that". 45 minutes later I have an adapter for pretty much just a me use case.

          duk3luk3@cloudisland.nzD This user is from outside of this forum
          duk3luk3@cloudisland.nzD This user is from outside of this forum
          duk3luk3@cloudisland.nz
          wrote sidst redigeret af
          #4

          @xssfox how do you do this without spending all day making 10 different versions to get the interfacing dimensions right?

          xssfox@cloudisland.nzX 1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • duk3luk3@cloudisland.nzD duk3luk3@cloudisland.nz

            @xssfox how do you do this without spending all day making 10 different versions to get the interfacing dimensions right?

            xssfox@cloudisland.nzX This user is from outside of this forum
            xssfox@cloudisland.nzX This user is from outside of this forum
            xssfox@cloudisland.nz
            wrote sidst redigeret af
            #5

            @duk3luk3 I got this one in one. I try to design things to have (sigh) slop. In this case I knew the rubber mount was squishy and the single bolt holding it would allow the entire structure to be some what compliant. So I ensured that the height was undersized (to give a spring like effect) while over sizing slightly the tube cut outs.

            same applies for screw holes, I either oversize or make them slotted. Failing that print a thin slice of the print to check the interface before committing to the rest.

            piggo@gs.rypak.czP 1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • xssfox@cloudisland.nzX xssfox@cloudisland.nz

              3d printers are so underrated when it comes to "I want to attach this to that". 45 minutes later I have an adapter for pretty much just a me use case.

              june@mspsocial.netJ This user is from outside of this forum
              june@mspsocial.netJ This user is from outside of this forum
              june@mspsocial.net
              wrote sidst redigeret af
              #6

              @xssfox what software do you like for modeling like this?

              xssfox@cloudisland.nzX 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • june@mspsocial.netJ june@mspsocial.net

                @xssfox what software do you like for modeling like this?

                xssfox@cloudisland.nzX This user is from outside of this forum
                xssfox@cloudisland.nzX This user is from outside of this forum
                xssfox@cloudisland.nz
                wrote sidst redigeret af
                #7

                @june I use openscad. It has a bit of a learning curve. I actually was tempted to do this in a regular cad program but didn't have anything else installed.

                I created a 2d shape first for one half, mirrored it and extruded it out.

                june@mspsocial.netJ 1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • xssfox@cloudisland.nzX xssfox@cloudisland.nz

                  @june I use openscad. It has a bit of a learning curve. I actually was tempted to do this in a regular cad program but didn't have anything else installed.

                  I created a 2d shape first for one half, mirrored it and extruded it out.

                  june@mspsocial.netJ This user is from outside of this forum
                  june@mspsocial.netJ This user is from outside of this forum
                  june@mspsocial.net
                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                  #8

                  @xssfox nice

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • xssfox@cloudisland.nzX xssfox@cloudisland.nz

                    @duk3luk3 I got this one in one. I try to design things to have (sigh) slop. In this case I knew the rubber mount was squishy and the single bolt holding it would allow the entire structure to be some what compliant. So I ensured that the height was undersized (to give a spring like effect) while over sizing slightly the tube cut outs.

                    same applies for screw holes, I either oversize or make them slotted. Failing that print a thin slice of the print to check the interface before committing to the rest.

                    piggo@gs.rypak.czP This user is from outside of this forum
                    piggo@gs.rypak.czP This user is from outside of this forum
                    piggo@gs.rypak.cz
                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                    #9

                    @xssfox @duk3luk3 for extruded shapes like this I print a thin slice first and check it fits. It saves a lot of time if I mess up

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • jwcph@helvede.netJ jwcph@helvede.net shared this topic
                    Svar
                    • Svar som emne
                    Login for at svare
                    • Ældste til nyeste
                    • Nyeste til ældste
                    • Most Votes


                    • Log ind

                    • Login or register to search.
                    Powered by NodeBB Contributors
                    Graciously hosted by data.coop
                    • First post
                      Last post
                    0
                    • Hjem
                    • Seneste
                    • Etiketter
                    • Populære
                    • Verden
                    • Bruger
                    • Grupper