Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
  1. Forside
  2. Ikke-kategoriseret
  3. This is a modern motherfucking website.

This is a modern motherfucking website.

Planlagt Fastgjort Låst Flyttet Ikke-kategoriseret
103 Indlæg 49 Posters 0 Visninger
  • Ældste til nyeste
  • Nyeste til ældste
  • Most Votes
Svar
  • Svar som emne
Login for at svare
Denne tråd er blevet slettet. Kun brugere med emne behandlings privilegier kan se den.
  • pabryan@mathstodon.xyzP pabryan@mathstodon.xyz

    @lproven what are the motherfucking maths on a motherfucking website options?

    MathJax works pretty well, though it is JavaScript. I suppose the point here is to avoid unnecessary JavaScriptt though. So is MathJax motherfucking maths?

    There's MathML but with a significant amount of maths, the file size is huge compared to the MathJax version.

    Pre-generate svg with lazy loading? I've never tried that...

    Some other option?

    johnlogic@sfba.socialJ This user is from outside of this forum
    johnlogic@sfba.socialJ This user is from outside of this forum
    johnlogic@sfba.social
    wrote sidst redigeret af
    #86

    @pabryan @lproven

    I do math(s) on my site in HTML:

    https://syncopate.us/articles/2006/n26c

    pabryan@mathstodon.xyzP 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • lproven@social.vivaldi.netL lproven@social.vivaldi.net

      This is a modern motherfucking website.

      And it’s still fucking perfect.

      https://modernmotherfuckingwebsite.dreamstation.systems/

      fedithom@social.saarlandF This user is from outside of this forum
      fedithom@social.saarlandF This user is from outside of this forum
      fedithom@social.saarland
      wrote sidst redigeret af
      #87

      @lproven
      "It’s tags. You type them. With your fingers. Into a file."

      THIS!

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • argv_minus_one@mastodon.sdf.orgA argv_minus_one@mastodon.sdf.org

        @rayotron

        My org's site has an 86kB JPEG that compresses down to a 28kB WebP without noticeably degrading the image. In another case, 233kB JPEG compresses down to 121kB WebP.

        I can live without it, of course. If I must use classic JPEG for some reason, then I will. But I am impressed.

        That said, these are not hand-tuned JPEGs. They're just blindly compressed at quality 92. I could do better by hand-tuning with GIMP's quality settings. But I probably won't beat WebP.

        @lproven

        rayotron@mstdn.socialR This user is from outside of this forum
        rayotron@mstdn.socialR This user is from outside of this forum
        rayotron@mstdn.social
        wrote sidst redigeret af
        #88

        @argv_minus_one @lproven Well, save an image in GIMP using the same settings for both formats. You'll find WebP's are a bit smaller, but not all that much. The big problem I have with WebP is it isn't backward compatible with the older systems that I and many people use every day. To archive WebP images I have to convert them to JPEG first so all of my computers can see them. It's a pain.

        argv_minus_one@mastodon.sdf.orgA 1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • lproven@social.vivaldi.netL lproven@social.vivaldi.net

          This is a modern motherfucking website.

          And it’s still fucking perfect.

          https://modernmotherfuckingwebsite.dreamstation.systems/

          nullpotential@fedia.socialN This user is from outside of this forum
          nullpotential@fedia.socialN This user is from outside of this forum
          nullpotential@fedia.social
          wrote sidst redigeret af
          #89

          @lproven Decent stuff, aside from the "someone just learned the F word" vibes.

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • johnlogic@sfba.socialJ johnlogic@sfba.social

            @pabryan @lproven

            I do math(s) on my site in HTML:

            https://syncopate.us/articles/2006/n26c

            pabryan@mathstodon.xyzP This user is from outside of this forum
            pabryan@mathstodon.xyzP This user is from outside of this forum
            pabryan@mathstodon.xyz
            wrote sidst redigeret af
            #90

            @johnlogic

            Nice!

            Not sure if that approach would work for me though. For example:
            https://pabryan.au/dg-2025/notes/notes_linear_algebra/

            The site itself is not motherfucking yet - it's a bit heavy on Boostrap and JavaScript. That's a project I've been meaning to get to for a while now. This discussion has prompted me to get started though!

            @lproven

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • lproven@social.vivaldi.netL lproven@social.vivaldi.net

              This is a modern motherfucking website.

              And it’s still fucking perfect.

              https://modernmotherfuckingwebsite.dreamstation.systems/

              ariantoser@wehavecookies.socialA This user is from outside of this forum
              ariantoser@wehavecookies.socialA This user is from outside of this forum
              ariantoser@wehavecookies.social
              wrote sidst redigeret af
              #91

              @lproven

              It is. 🥰

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • lproven@social.vivaldi.netL lproven@social.vivaldi.net

                This is a modern motherfucking website.

                And it’s still fucking perfect.

                https://modernmotherfuckingwebsite.dreamstation.systems/

                lproven@social.vivaldi.netL This user is from outside of this forum
                lproven@social.vivaldi.netL This user is from outside of this forum
                lproven@social.vivaldi.net
                wrote sidst redigeret af
                #92

                BTW, I am very happy that so many people are enjoying this motherfucking website.

                But just for clarity: it's not mine. I didn't create it. I just shared it.

                It's by Robin Reel:

                https://dreamstation.systems/personal/

                It's a tribute to the original Motherfucking Website:

                https://motherfuckingwebsite.com/

                Designed by Barry T Smith:

                https://barrytsmith.com/

                aslakr@mastodon.socialA gifmodel@olia.geocities.instituteG 2 Replies Last reply
                0
                • lproven@social.vivaldi.netL lproven@social.vivaldi.net

                  BTW, I am very happy that so many people are enjoying this motherfucking website.

                  But just for clarity: it's not mine. I didn't create it. I just shared it.

                  It's by Robin Reel:

                  https://dreamstation.systems/personal/

                  It's a tribute to the original Motherfucking Website:

                  https://motherfuckingwebsite.com/

                  Designed by Barry T Smith:

                  https://barrytsmith.com/

                  aslakr@mastodon.socialA This user is from outside of this forum
                  aslakr@mastodon.socialA This user is from outside of this forum
                  aslakr@mastodon.social
                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                  #93

                  @lproven There is W3C Core Styles with it's sample HTML https://www.w3.org/StyleSheets/Core/stylebot.html?family=8&doc=Sampler

                  It would be very nice if W3C updated those with modern CSS and some of the newer HTML elements with MathML/SVG

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • su_liam@mas.toS su_liam@mas.to

                    @lproven It kinda pisses me off that Javadocs ditched frames in favor of whatever opaque crap they’re using now. Total retrograde slide!

                    autumn@social.translunar.academyA This user is from outside of this forum
                    autumn@social.translunar.academyA This user is from outside of this forum
                    autumn@social.translunar.academy
                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                    #94

                    @su_liam@mas.to @lproven@vivaldi.net I have a VM with jdk 11-ish specifically to create javadocs now.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • lproven@social.vivaldi.netL lproven@social.vivaldi.net

                      This is a modern motherfucking website.

                      And it’s still fucking perfect.

                      https://modernmotherfuckingwebsite.dreamstation.systems/

                      hacknorris@mstdn.socialH This user is from outside of this forum
                      hacknorris@mstdn.socialH This user is from outside of this forum
                      hacknorris@mstdn.social
                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                      #95

                      @lproven me actually:

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • lproven@social.vivaldi.netL lproven@social.vivaldi.net

                        This is a modern motherfucking website.

                        And it’s still fucking perfect.

                        https://modernmotherfuckingwebsite.dreamstation.systems/

                        raven_uwu@app.wafrn.netR This user is from outside of this forum
                        raven_uwu@app.wafrn.netR This user is from outside of this forum
                        raven_uwu@app.wafrn.net
                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                        #96

                        @lproven@social.vivaldi.net

                        this is 100% better than 90% of the modern web.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • pelle@veganism.socialP pelle@veganism.social shared this topic
                        • lproven@social.vivaldi.netL lproven@social.vivaldi.net

                          This is a modern motherfucking website.

                          And it’s still fucking perfect.

                          https://modernmotherfuckingwebsite.dreamstation.systems/

                          tiefling@bardicperspiration.clubT This user is from outside of this forum
                          tiefling@bardicperspiration.clubT This user is from outside of this forum
                          tiefling@bardicperspiration.club
                          wrote sidst redigeret af
                          #97

                          @lproven I'm trying to learn web stuffs, kind of nice to know stuffs can be easier than ppl make it.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • lproven@social.vivaldi.netL lproven@social.vivaldi.net

                            This is a modern motherfucking website.

                            And it’s still fucking perfect.

                            https://modernmotherfuckingwebsite.dreamstation.systems/

                            m@martinh.netM This user is from outside of this forum
                            m@martinh.netM This user is from outside of this forum
                            m@martinh.net
                            wrote sidst redigeret af
                            #98

                            @lproven Your “Hello World” has a lockfile longer than this page.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            0
                            • lproven@social.vivaldi.netL lproven@social.vivaldi.net

                              This is a modern motherfucking website.

                              And it’s still fucking perfect.

                              https://modernmotherfuckingwebsite.dreamstation.systems/

                              gbsills@social.vivaldi.netG This user is from outside of this forum
                              gbsills@social.vivaldi.netG This user is from outside of this forum
                              gbsills@social.vivaldi.net
                              wrote sidst redigeret af
                              #99

                              @lproven You say it is perfect, but I didn't see a single ad on that website.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              0
                              • lproven@social.vivaldi.netL lproven@social.vivaldi.net

                                This is a modern motherfucking website.

                                And it’s still fucking perfect.

                                https://modernmotherfuckingwebsite.dreamstation.systems/

                                amitaiz@tooot.imA This user is from outside of this forum
                                amitaiz@tooot.imA This user is from outside of this forum
                                amitaiz@tooot.im
                                wrote sidst redigeret af
                                #100

                                @lproven
                                hi
                                https://thebestmotherfucking.website/

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                0
                                • lproven@social.vivaldi.netL lproven@social.vivaldi.net

                                  This is a modern motherfucking website.

                                  And it’s still fucking perfect.

                                  https://modernmotherfuckingwebsite.dreamstation.systems/

                                  rkaj@mastodon.nuR This user is from outside of this forum
                                  rkaj@mastodon.nuR This user is from outside of this forum
                                  rkaj@mastodon.nu
                                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                                  #101

                                  @lproven
                                  I would add `body { max-width: 72ch; }` for improved readability. Other than that, yes, it's pretty much perfect.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  0
                                  • lproven@social.vivaldi.netL lproven@social.vivaldi.net

                                    BTW, I am very happy that so many people are enjoying this motherfucking website.

                                    But just for clarity: it's not mine. I didn't create it. I just shared it.

                                    It's by Robin Reel:

                                    https://dreamstation.systems/personal/

                                    It's a tribute to the original Motherfucking Website:

                                    https://motherfuckingwebsite.com/

                                    Designed by Barry T Smith:

                                    https://barrytsmith.com/

                                    gifmodel@olia.geocities.instituteG This user is from outside of this forum
                                    gifmodel@olia.geocities.instituteG This user is from outside of this forum
                                    gifmodel@olia.geocities.institute
                                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                                    #102

                                    @lproven there is a name for it
                                    https://contemporary-home-computing.org/prof-dr-style/

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    0
                                    • rayotron@mstdn.socialR rayotron@mstdn.social

                                      @argv_minus_one @lproven Well, save an image in GIMP using the same settings for both formats. You'll find WebP's are a bit smaller, but not all that much. The big problem I have with WebP is it isn't backward compatible with the older systems that I and many people use every day. To archive WebP images I have to convert them to JPEG first so all of my computers can see them. It's a pain.

                                      argv_minus_one@mastodon.sdf.orgA This user is from outside of this forum
                                      argv_minus_one@mastodon.sdf.orgA This user is from outside of this forum
                                      argv_minus_one@mastodon.sdf.org
                                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                                      #103

                                      @rayotron

                                      That would exclude all new image formats, then, not just WebP.

                                      I can't say I'm thrilled about being locked into using nothing but 40-year-old image formats forever…

                                      @lproven

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      0
                                      • kramse@helvede.netK kramse@helvede.net shared this topic
                                      Svar
                                      • Svar som emne
                                      Login for at svare
                                      • Ældste til nyeste
                                      • Nyeste til ældste
                                      • Most Votes


                                      • Log ind

                                      • Login or register to search.
                                      Powered by NodeBB Contributors
                                      Graciously hosted by data.coop
                                      • First post
                                        Last post
                                      0
                                      • Hjem
                                      • Seneste
                                      • Etiketter
                                      • Populære
                                      • Verden
                                      • Bruger
                                      • Grupper