We teach young girls to cover their drinks.
-
We teach young girls to cover their drinks. Walk with their keys between their knuckles. Dress modestly. Have a buddy system. Yell “fire”.
By the time we’re adults we have a novel length list of rules to follow to avoid being raped.
Many of us are raped anyways.
That’s why we’re enraged.
-
We teach young girls to cover their drinks. Walk with their keys between their knuckles. Dress modestly. Have a buddy system. Yell “fire”.
By the time we’re adults we have a novel length list of rules to follow to avoid being raped.
Many of us are raped anyways.
That’s why we’re enraged.
@broadwaybabyto I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.
-
We teach young girls to cover their drinks. Walk with their keys between their knuckles. Dress modestly. Have a buddy system. Yell “fire”.
By the time we’re adults we have a novel length list of rules to follow to avoid being raped.
Many of us are raped anyways.
That’s why we’re enraged.
Yup. Not to mention checking in with your girlfriends after a night out to make sure we all got home safely, and trying always to go home in pairs when using public transport AND making sure someone knows we are out socialising as well.
-
We teach young girls to cover their drinks. Walk with their keys between their knuckles. Dress modestly. Have a buddy system. Yell “fire”.
By the time we’re adults we have a novel length list of rules to follow to avoid being raped.
Many of us are raped anyways.
That’s why we’re enraged.
@broadwaybabyto FFS us male folk are shit. I’m so sorry that it’s all men. I know that I am an ally, but facing the reality and becoming more aware day by day of the scale and (understandable) rage is uncomfortable in the realisation. I wish I could make it all better. I’ll keep trying. I’ll keep doing. I’ll keep learning and teaching.
-
We teach young girls to cover their drinks. Walk with their keys between their knuckles. Dress modestly. Have a buddy system. Yell “fire”.
By the time we’re adults we have a novel length list of rules to follow to avoid being raped.
Many of us are raped anyways.
That’s why we’re enraged.
@broadwaybabyto
And rightfully so.We also treat black people to laugh at our jokes about their skin color. Immigrants that they're guests here and their culture stays at home. We teach trans people that they should never stand too close to school kids.
We should be furious. We just disagree at whom.
Chauvinism has many faces. It is a tool by the rich to divide those who build their yachts.
Proof? Every metric falls off a cliff in socialist countries. Its not perfect but capitalism is hell.
-
We teach young girls to cover their drinks. Walk with their keys between their knuckles. Dress modestly. Have a buddy system. Yell “fire”.
By the time we’re adults we have a novel length list of rules to follow to avoid being raped.
Many of us are raped anyways.
That’s why we’re enraged.
@broadwaybabyto, @histoftech
Exactly. The answer to danger should be accountability for those who cause harm, not endless rules restricting those who might become victims. I used to think this was mainly a problem in India, but sadly, it seems to exist everywhere. -
We teach young girls to cover their drinks. Walk with their keys between their knuckles. Dress modestly. Have a buddy system. Yell “fire”.
By the time we’re adults we have a novel length list of rules to follow to avoid being raped.
Many of us are raped anyways.
That’s why we’re enraged.
@broadwaybabyto
My mom once tried to convince young me if a girl becomes too expensive/delayed, it kinda grants one almost an obligation to apply force. “Be a man” and so on.
Decades passed, still can not forget -
J jwcph@helvede.net shared this topic