Flock thinks it's cameras have a legal right to privacy in public.
-
@elfin it's halloween in one month. ya know. the night where literally everyone is on foot and wearing masks. it could be... a flock purge.
@snosrapkungfu Oh my ... I just got ... excited.
-
Wouldn't any injunction to remove a map, as it tracks the company, and thus is more akin to stalking than publicity... Equally indict Flock collecting and making maps of people's personal lives?
@shaknais That would be, "the thing", yes.
-
@thomkennon @elfin
just trying to make sure my little ouispy devices work.
gotta test your gear in the wild, not in the lab!@Harleck @thomkennon Lab only gets you so far in these cases. Some times ya just gotta deploy.
-
@Harleck @thomkennon Lab only gets you so far in these cases. Some times ya just gotta deploy.
-
@ZenHeathen @thomkennon @elfin
Why am I not surprised that Kelowna of all places is the big Canadian hotspot. Ugh.
@cthulku @ZenHeathen @thomkennon OK, assume that all I know about Canada is Toronto because my buddy's Mother lives there and she and I are pals so I antagonize her occasionally. (She's like 83 or something, battle axe).
And Vancouver because my Other buddy's mother lives there.
So, what's up Kelowna (I have to pull up a map because I'm an ignorant American) ... Oh, it makes a nice triangle with Spokane and Seattle. Now that I know where it is, please esplain why this is funny.
-
@elfin if they remove the cameras, then the map will hold no power over them

️@alice You're a genius, you know that, right?
-
@elfin
Naughty naughty naughty Flock.
Flock needs a good spanking.
@amber I just had the most awful mental image and I'm going to share:
Garett Langley in full bondage getting flogged.
-
Corporate personhood -- a Constitutional heresy purchased by billionaires & oil oligarchs.
https://freakonomics.com/podcast/why-hate-the-koch-brothers-part-1/https://www.gadgetreview.com/argentina-wants-ai-robots-to-run-non-human-corporations
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/2026/05/hawaii-corporations-political-money/687159/
https://qz.com/ai-constitutional-rights-legal-personhood-implications-052726
https://futurism.com/future-society/corporations-personhood-legal-court-death-penalty
https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/analysis-opinion/history-corporate-personhood
https://corporateaccountability.org/blog/outrageous-and-true-history-of-corporations-us-democracy/
https://afj.org/article/corporate-power-reset-movement-updates-from-the-states/
Musk's & his cronies want AI corporations to be an unaccountability machine.
https://www.gadgetreview.com/how-ai-data-centers-disconnecting-simultaneously-caused-a-1000-mile-disturbance@Npars01 That's a lot of links. And looking at them, you can be sure you're preaching to the choir.
-
@thomkennon @elfin that's basically just the US population density map? Does every single town have these?
@sofiav @thomkennon Not *every*.
But you remember the oxycontin problem where a drug company gave doctors incentives to (over)perscribe and we ended up with like a million opiate addicts? That was a lot of doctors.
Ok, Flock is sort of like that as they said everything cops wanted to hear and City Councils, who, in my personal experience are fucking idiots) are alwayshappy with shiny and blinking lights and we can solve your crimes. And Cities got addicted.
Now is the come down. Hee hee.
-
@cthulku @ZenHeathen @thomkennon OK, assume that all I know about Canada is Toronto because my buddy's Mother lives there and she and I are pals so I antagonize her occasionally. (She's like 83 or something, battle axe).
And Vancouver because my Other buddy's mother lives there.
So, what's up Kelowna (I have to pull up a map because I'm an ignorant American) ... Oh, it makes a nice triangle with Spokane and Seattle. Now that I know where it is, please esplain why this is funny.
-
@doctorwhom @elfin *were. As I suppose you did something to those beasts.

@assimilateborg @doctorwhom Not Sven. He does not engage in such shenanigans as his better half would kill him.
-
sigh
this is a legal demand letter
maybe the reason is that Flock thinks it can scare people off by the cost of litigation, and has nothing at all to do with what Flock does or doesn't think about thier right to privacy
-
@elfin I'm sorry.
️ @thomkennon -
@cthulku @ZenHeathen @thomkennon OK, assume that all I know about Canada is Toronto because my buddy's Mother lives there and she and I are pals so I antagonize her occasionally. (She's like 83 or something, battle axe).
And Vancouver because my Other buddy's mother lives there.
So, what's up Kelowna (I have to pull up a map because I'm an ignorant American) ... Oh, it makes a nice triangle with Spokane and Seattle. Now that I know where it is, please esplain why this is funny.
It's a place where monied Berta shitheads dream of retiring to, and in the meanwhile they generally spend too much money vacationing there. Having a timeshare there is part of the "big truck, lake lot, quad, snowmobile" aspirational goals of a lot of the grosser people in Alberta.
-
@ZenHeathen
I’m sorry, what was the question? -
It's a place where monied Berta shitheads dream of retiring to, and in the meanwhile they generally spend too much money vacationing there. Having a timeshare there is part of the "big truck, lake lot, quad, snowmobile" aspirational goals of a lot of the grosser people in Alberta.
@cthulku @ZenHeathen @thomkennon Oh ... so it's sorta like Lake Tahoe, or Burbank in LA. (or Orange County), with more snow. I totally gotcha.
Yeah, that tracks.
-
@assimilateborg @doctorwhom Not Sven. He does not engage in such shenanigans as his better half would kill him.
Lets be honest, after being married for ten or twenty years wives should be able to kill their husbands, get insurgence, and suffer no legal consequences.
-
J jwcph@helvede.net shared this topic


