Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
  1. Forside
  2. Ikke-kategoriseret
  3. "I have nothing to hide."

"I have nothing to hide."

Planlagt Fastgjort Låst Flyttet Ikke-kategoriseret
83 Indlæg 61 Posters 150 Visninger
  • Ældste til nyeste
  • Nyeste til ældste
  • Most Votes
Svar
  • Svar som emne
Login for at svare
Denne tråd er blevet slettet. Kun brugere med emne behandlings privilegier kan se den.
  • pepintheshort@ieji.deP pepintheshort@ieji.de

    @crazyeddie @Tutanota sure I'll send you a voucher for a coke from Amazon if you share your password with me

    crazyeddie@mastodon.socialC This user is from outside of this forum
    crazyeddie@mastodon.socialC This user is from outside of this forum
    crazyeddie@mastodon.social
    wrote sidst redigeret af
    #31

    @pepintheshort @Tutanota I don't know it 🙂

    pepintheshort@ieji.deP 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

      "I have nothing to hide."

      False.

      You have medical history

      You have financial behavior

      You have location patterns

      You have political views

      You have relationship data

      Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

      janpaul@troet.cafeJ This user is from outside of this forum
      janpaul@troet.cafeJ This user is from outside of this forum
      janpaul@troet.cafe
      wrote sidst redigeret af
      #32

      @Tutanota
      That's what I keep telling people. The usual answer is just: "Yeah, but why should anybody be interested in this?"

      Well, I don't know. But some people are. Isn't this fact enough to be concerned?

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • h0nza@pix.securelab.euH This user is from outside of this forum
        h0nza@pix.securelab.euH This user is from outside of this forum
        h0nza@pix.securelab.eu
        wrote sidst redigeret af
        #33
        i like the sequence:
        i have nothing to hide. but that is also none of your business
        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

          "I have nothing to hide."

          False.

          You have medical history

          You have financial behavior

          You have location patterns

          You have political views

          You have relationship data

          Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

          darwinwoodka@mastodon.socialD This user is from outside of this forum
          darwinwoodka@mastodon.socialD This user is from outside of this forum
          darwinwoodka@mastodon.social
          wrote sidst redigeret af
          #34

          @Tutanota

          That's why we should own our own data and decide who gets to access it

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • crazyeddie@mastodon.socialC crazyeddie@mastodon.social

            @The_Universality @Tutanota "I have nothing to hide." ... "Why am I being arrested for having my Nixon out?"

            the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.comT This user is from outside of this forum
            the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.comT This user is from outside of this forum
            the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.com
            wrote sidst redigeret af
            #35

            @crazyeddie @Tutanota What is Nixon? This is the first time I hear about this.

            crazyeddie@mastodon.socialC 1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

              "I have nothing to hide."

              False.

              You have medical history

              You have financial behavior

              You have location patterns

              You have political views

              You have relationship data

              Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

              d4v@mastodon.socialD This user is from outside of this forum
              d4v@mastodon.socialD This user is from outside of this forum
              d4v@mastodon.social
              wrote sidst redigeret af
              #36

              @Tutanota I stopped arguing with people that says that. Because they even doesn't care if their medical history and everything gets leaked.

              toriver@mas.toT 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • pepintheshort@ieji.deP pepintheshort@ieji.de

                @Tutanota I tried what that guy on YouTube said: when people tell me they have nothing to hide I ask them to share their email password with me. I promise to do no wrong at all, I'd just login occasionally, read some emails and leave. No damage, no writing, no deleting, no traces left. So far they all refused 😐

                rhoot@mastodon.gamedev.placeR This user is from outside of this forum
                rhoot@mastodon.gamedev.placeR This user is from outside of this forum
                rhoot@mastodon.gamedev.place
                wrote sidst redigeret af
                #37

                @pepintheshort @Tutanota there was a teacher on fedi some time ago (sorry, don't remember who) that said their students would often say they have nothing to hide. And when they did, they would tell them "okay good, tell the rest of the class about the last time you masturbated", and the entire class immediately got it.

                pepintheshort@ieji.deP 1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

                  "I have nothing to hide."

                  False.

                  You have medical history

                  You have financial behavior

                  You have location patterns

                  You have political views

                  You have relationship data

                  Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

                  T This user is from outside of this forum
                  T This user is from outside of this forum
                  tylilbro@mastodon.social
                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                  #38

                  @Tutanota isn't "I have nothing to hide" used when someone doesn't have any evidence against them on something.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.comT the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.com

                    @crazyeddie @Tutanota What is Nixon? This is the first time I hear about this.

                    crazyeddie@mastodon.socialC This user is from outside of this forum
                    crazyeddie@mastodon.socialC This user is from outside of this forum
                    crazyeddie@mastodon.social
                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                    #39

                    @The_Universality @Tutanota Nixon -> Richard -> Dick

                    the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.comT camilo@tuiter.rocksC 2 Replies Last reply
                    0
                    • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

                      "I have nothing to hide."

                      False.

                      You have medical history

                      You have financial behavior

                      You have location patterns

                      You have political views

                      You have relationship data

                      Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

                      dmir@gehirneimer.deD This user is from outside of this forum
                      dmir@gehirneimer.deD This user is from outside of this forum
                      dmir@gehirneimer.de
                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                      #40

                      @Tutanota@mastodon.social I think saying to the people using the argument never realize how much they care about their own privacy. They think that having “nothing to hide” is some sort of a virtue, something to strive for, because that’s what good people have and good people don’t get into trouble - and you just can’t argue with a person’s belief of their own virtuousness if you want to persuade them.

                      “What would you like to show to complete strangers?” yields far more privacy-minded answers in my experience, or “What are you okay with giving away about yourself?”

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

                        "I have nothing to hide."

                        False.

                        You have medical history

                        You have financial behavior

                        You have location patterns

                        You have political views

                        You have relationship data

                        Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

                        phaedral@beige.partyP This user is from outside of this forum
                        phaedral@beige.partyP This user is from outside of this forum
                        phaedral@beige.party
                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                        #41

                        @Tutanota And anyway, the issue isn't whether or not I have anything to hide, it's whether or not my business is any of theirs. It's not. My business is none of the government's or big tech's business. They need to keep their flipping noses to themselves. That's the point. I don't have to justify anything. They're the ones overstepping bounds poking their nose places they don't belong all in the name of greed. Don't accept the inverse frame. It's on them to justify a need to know. Otherwise none of it is anybody's business.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • crazyeddie@mastodon.socialC crazyeddie@mastodon.social

                          @pepintheshort @Tutanota I don't know it 🙂

                          pepintheshort@ieji.deP This user is from outside of this forum
                          pepintheshort@ieji.deP This user is from outside of this forum
                          pepintheshort@ieji.de
                          wrote sidst redigeret af
                          #42

                          @crazyeddie @Tutanota what an unfortunate coincidence! 😄

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • crazyeddie@mastodon.socialC crazyeddie@mastodon.social

                            @The_Universality @Tutanota Nixon -> Richard -> Dick

                            the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.comT This user is from outside of this forum
                            the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.comT This user is from outside of this forum
                            the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.com
                            wrote sidst redigeret af
                            #43

                            @crazyeddie Oh I get it no.

                            Quite funny indeed.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            0
                            • rhoot@mastodon.gamedev.placeR rhoot@mastodon.gamedev.place

                              @pepintheshort @Tutanota there was a teacher on fedi some time ago (sorry, don't remember who) that said their students would often say they have nothing to hide. And when they did, they would tell them "okay good, tell the rest of the class about the last time you masturbated", and the entire class immediately got it.

                              pepintheshort@ieji.deP This user is from outside of this forum
                              pepintheshort@ieji.deP This user is from outside of this forum
                              pepintheshort@ieji.de
                              wrote sidst redigeret af
                              #44

                              @rhoot @Tutanota exactly, I think many people mix up privacy with dodgy off the books affairs and that's quite wrong, as you pointed out. During school I liked Pokémon and didn't want anyone to find out. Some people travel to destinations where being gay is illegal. Your ideology you write about is fine here and now but might attract troubles in the future (cough cough Trump) there are many legit examples

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              0
                              • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

                                "I have nothing to hide."

                                False.

                                You have medical history

                                You have financial behavior

                                You have location patterns

                                You have political views

                                You have relationship data

                                Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

                                npars01@mstdn.socialN This user is from outside of this forum
                                npars01@mstdn.socialN This user is from outside of this forum
                                npars01@mstdn.social
                                wrote sidst redigeret af
                                #45

                                @Tutanota

                                The petrostate oligarchs funding AI surveillance technology come from nations accustomed to serfs & slaves.
                                https://sources.news/p/mark-zuckerberg-meta-muse-ai-podcast-interview

                                https://futurism.com/artificial-intelligence/meta-bricks-perv-smart-glasses

                                https://www.businessinsider.com/meta-glasses-camera-disabled-tampering-recording-light-update-2026-9

                                https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2026/08/meta-settlement-social-media-facebook-whatsapp-glasses/

                                Feels like home to them when everyone is being watched & it can be bricked remotely at any time.

                                https://www.cnbc.com/2012/05/16/a-russian-magnates-facebook-bet-pays-off-big.html

                                https://qz.com/1121238/who-is-yuri-milner-the-russian-billionaire-who-funneled-kremlin-money-into-facebook

                                https://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/russian-billionaire-usmanov-buys-stake-in-apple-46010

                                https://www.dw.com/en/the-russian-oligarchs-of-the-fincen-files/a-55062675

                                https://www.newsweek.com/russia-richest-billionaires-putin-getting-wealthier-fast-2108587

                                https://www.salon.com/2025/01/03/mark-zuckerberg-puts-in-charge-of-policy-as-he-seeks-to-make-nice-with/

                                https://qz.com/266502/imagine-if-gmail-bought-facebook-and-they-were-both-owned-by-the-presidents-buddy

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                0
                                • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

                                  "I have nothing to hide."

                                  False.

                                  You have medical history

                                  You have financial behavior

                                  You have location patterns

                                  You have political views

                                  You have relationship data

                                  Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

                                  ferret@hub.workersofthe.worldF This user is from outside of this forum
                                  ferret@hub.workersofthe.worldF This user is from outside of this forum
                                  ferret@hub.workersofthe.world
                                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                                  #46
                                  @Tuta "I don't care if anyone knows that about me," said by the same person as, "Oh my god, Youtube just recommended me something and I was just thinking about it, this is so scary, how does it do that?!"
                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  0
                                  • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

                                    "I have nothing to hide."

                                    False.

                                    You have medical history

                                    You have financial behavior

                                    You have location patterns

                                    You have political views

                                    You have relationship data

                                    Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

                                    epic_null@infosec.exchangeE This user is from outside of this forum
                                    epic_null@infosec.exchangeE This user is from outside of this forum
                                    epic_null@infosec.exchange
                                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                                    #47

                                    @Tutanota I have places where I am alone at night, unarmed and unprepared to protect myself.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    0
                                    • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

                                      "I have nothing to hide."

                                      False.

                                      You have medical history

                                      You have financial behavior

                                      You have location patterns

                                      You have political views

                                      You have relationship data

                                      Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

                                      aperture@snug.moeA This user is from outside of this forum
                                      aperture@snug.moeA This user is from outside of this forum
                                      aperture@snug.moe
                                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                                      #48

                                      @Tutanota i have nothing to hide mfers when i walk into their room mid sex and cheer them on

                                      -carrie

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      0
                                      • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

                                        "I have nothing to hide."

                                        False.

                                        You have medical history

                                        You have financial behavior

                                        You have location patterns

                                        You have political views

                                        You have relationship data

                                        Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

                                        ponchorebel@mastodon.socialP This user is from outside of this forum
                                        ponchorebel@mastodon.socialP This user is from outside of this forum
                                        ponchorebel@mastodon.social
                                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                                        #49

                                        @Tutanota
                                        truest fucking shit I've read the entire year, so far.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        0
                                        • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

                                          "I have nothing to hide."

                                          False.

                                          You have medical history

                                          You have financial behavior

                                          You have location patterns

                                          You have political views

                                          You have relationship data

                                          Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

                                          madengineering@hachyderm.ioM This user is from outside of this forum
                                          madengineering@hachyderm.ioM This user is from outside of this forum
                                          madengineering@hachyderm.io
                                          wrote sidst redigeret af
                                          #50

                                          @Tutanota Privacy is knowing that at some point some lunatic with much more power than he deserves is going to decide "You know what, fuck that mad engineer guy, how can I best lean on him?" and the more I have in public, the more tools this guy is going to have.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          0
                                          Svar
                                          • Svar som emne
                                          Login for at svare
                                          • Ældste til nyeste
                                          • Nyeste til ældste
                                          • Most Votes


                                          • Log ind

                                          • Login or register to search.
                                          Powered by NodeBB Contributors
                                          Graciously hosted by data.coop
                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Hjem
                                          • Seneste
                                          • Etiketter
                                          • Populære
                                          • Verden
                                          • Bruger
                                          • Grupper