Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
  1. Forside
  2. Ikke-kategoriseret
  3. "I have nothing to hide."

"I have nothing to hide."

Planlagt Fastgjort Låst Flyttet Ikke-kategoriseret
83 Indlæg 61 Posters 150 Visninger
  • Ældste til nyeste
  • Nyeste til ældste
  • Most Votes
Svar
  • Svar som emne
Login for at svare
Denne tråd er blevet slettet. Kun brugere med emne behandlings privilegier kan se den.
  • the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.comT the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.com

    @crazyeddie @Tutanota What is Nixon? This is the first time I hear about this.

    crazyeddie@mastodon.socialC This user is from outside of this forum
    crazyeddie@mastodon.socialC This user is from outside of this forum
    crazyeddie@mastodon.social
    wrote sidst redigeret af
    #39

    @The_Universality @Tutanota Nixon -> Richard -> Dick

    the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.comT camilo@tuiter.rocksC 2 Replies Last reply
    0
    • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

      "I have nothing to hide."

      False.

      You have medical history

      You have financial behavior

      You have location patterns

      You have political views

      You have relationship data

      Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

      dmir@gehirneimer.deD This user is from outside of this forum
      dmir@gehirneimer.deD This user is from outside of this forum
      dmir@gehirneimer.de
      wrote sidst redigeret af
      #40

      @Tutanota@mastodon.social I think saying to the people using the argument never realize how much they care about their own privacy. They think that having “nothing to hide” is some sort of a virtue, something to strive for, because that’s what good people have and good people don’t get into trouble - and you just can’t argue with a person’s belief of their own virtuousness if you want to persuade them.

      “What would you like to show to complete strangers?” yields far more privacy-minded answers in my experience, or “What are you okay with giving away about yourself?”

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

        "I have nothing to hide."

        False.

        You have medical history

        You have financial behavior

        You have location patterns

        You have political views

        You have relationship data

        Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

        phaedral@beige.partyP This user is from outside of this forum
        phaedral@beige.partyP This user is from outside of this forum
        phaedral@beige.party
        wrote sidst redigeret af
        #41

        @Tutanota And anyway, the issue isn't whether or not I have anything to hide, it's whether or not my business is any of theirs. It's not. My business is none of the government's or big tech's business. They need to keep their flipping noses to themselves. That's the point. I don't have to justify anything. They're the ones overstepping bounds poking their nose places they don't belong all in the name of greed. Don't accept the inverse frame. It's on them to justify a need to know. Otherwise none of it is anybody's business.

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • crazyeddie@mastodon.socialC crazyeddie@mastodon.social

          @pepintheshort @Tutanota I don't know it 🙂

          pepintheshort@ieji.deP This user is from outside of this forum
          pepintheshort@ieji.deP This user is from outside of this forum
          pepintheshort@ieji.de
          wrote sidst redigeret af
          #42

          @crazyeddie @Tutanota what an unfortunate coincidence! 😄

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • crazyeddie@mastodon.socialC crazyeddie@mastodon.social

            @The_Universality @Tutanota Nixon -> Richard -> Dick

            the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.comT This user is from outside of this forum
            the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.comT This user is from outside of this forum
            the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.com
            wrote sidst redigeret af
            #43

            @crazyeddie Oh I get it no.

            Quite funny indeed.

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • rhoot@mastodon.gamedev.placeR rhoot@mastodon.gamedev.place

              @pepintheshort @Tutanota there was a teacher on fedi some time ago (sorry, don't remember who) that said their students would often say they have nothing to hide. And when they did, they would tell them "okay good, tell the rest of the class about the last time you masturbated", and the entire class immediately got it.

              pepintheshort@ieji.deP This user is from outside of this forum
              pepintheshort@ieji.deP This user is from outside of this forum
              pepintheshort@ieji.de
              wrote sidst redigeret af
              #44

              @rhoot @Tutanota exactly, I think many people mix up privacy with dodgy off the books affairs and that's quite wrong, as you pointed out. During school I liked Pokémon and didn't want anyone to find out. Some people travel to destinations where being gay is illegal. Your ideology you write about is fine here and now but might attract troubles in the future (cough cough Trump) there are many legit examples

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

                "I have nothing to hide."

                False.

                You have medical history

                You have financial behavior

                You have location patterns

                You have political views

                You have relationship data

                Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

                npars01@mstdn.socialN This user is from outside of this forum
                npars01@mstdn.socialN This user is from outside of this forum
                npars01@mstdn.social
                wrote sidst redigeret af
                #45

                @Tutanota

                The petrostate oligarchs funding AI surveillance technology come from nations accustomed to serfs & slaves.
                https://sources.news/p/mark-zuckerberg-meta-muse-ai-podcast-interview

                https://futurism.com/artificial-intelligence/meta-bricks-perv-smart-glasses

                https://www.businessinsider.com/meta-glasses-camera-disabled-tampering-recording-light-update-2026-9

                https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2026/08/meta-settlement-social-media-facebook-whatsapp-glasses/

                Feels like home to them when everyone is being watched & it can be bricked remotely at any time.

                https://www.cnbc.com/2012/05/16/a-russian-magnates-facebook-bet-pays-off-big.html

                https://qz.com/1121238/who-is-yuri-milner-the-russian-billionaire-who-funneled-kremlin-money-into-facebook

                https://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/russian-billionaire-usmanov-buys-stake-in-apple-46010

                https://www.dw.com/en/the-russian-oligarchs-of-the-fincen-files/a-55062675

                https://www.newsweek.com/russia-richest-billionaires-putin-getting-wealthier-fast-2108587

                https://www.salon.com/2025/01/03/mark-zuckerberg-puts-in-charge-of-policy-as-he-seeks-to-make-nice-with/

                https://qz.com/266502/imagine-if-gmail-bought-facebook-and-they-were-both-owned-by-the-presidents-buddy

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

                  "I have nothing to hide."

                  False.

                  You have medical history

                  You have financial behavior

                  You have location patterns

                  You have political views

                  You have relationship data

                  Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

                  ferret@hub.workersofthe.worldF This user is from outside of this forum
                  ferret@hub.workersofthe.worldF This user is from outside of this forum
                  ferret@hub.workersofthe.world
                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                  #46
                  @Tuta "I don't care if anyone knows that about me," said by the same person as, "Oh my god, Youtube just recommended me something and I was just thinking about it, this is so scary, how does it do that?!"
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

                    "I have nothing to hide."

                    False.

                    You have medical history

                    You have financial behavior

                    You have location patterns

                    You have political views

                    You have relationship data

                    Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

                    epic_null@infosec.exchangeE This user is from outside of this forum
                    epic_null@infosec.exchangeE This user is from outside of this forum
                    epic_null@infosec.exchange
                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                    #47

                    @Tutanota I have places where I am alone at night, unarmed and unprepared to protect myself.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

                      "I have nothing to hide."

                      False.

                      You have medical history

                      You have financial behavior

                      You have location patterns

                      You have political views

                      You have relationship data

                      Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

                      aperture@snug.moeA This user is from outside of this forum
                      aperture@snug.moeA This user is from outside of this forum
                      aperture@snug.moe
                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                      #48

                      @Tutanota i have nothing to hide mfers when i walk into their room mid sex and cheer them on

                      -carrie

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

                        "I have nothing to hide."

                        False.

                        You have medical history

                        You have financial behavior

                        You have location patterns

                        You have political views

                        You have relationship data

                        Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

                        ponchorebel@mastodon.socialP This user is from outside of this forum
                        ponchorebel@mastodon.socialP This user is from outside of this forum
                        ponchorebel@mastodon.social
                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                        #49

                        @Tutanota
                        truest fucking shit I've read the entire year, so far.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

                          "I have nothing to hide."

                          False.

                          You have medical history

                          You have financial behavior

                          You have location patterns

                          You have political views

                          You have relationship data

                          Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

                          madengineering@hachyderm.ioM This user is from outside of this forum
                          madengineering@hachyderm.ioM This user is from outside of this forum
                          madengineering@hachyderm.io
                          wrote sidst redigeret af
                          #50

                          @Tutanota Privacy is knowing that at some point some lunatic with much more power than he deserves is going to decide "You know what, fuck that mad engineer guy, how can I best lean on him?" and the more I have in public, the more tools this guy is going to have.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

                            "I have nothing to hide."

                            False.

                            You have medical history

                            You have financial behavior

                            You have location patterns

                            You have political views

                            You have relationship data

                            Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

                            rogue_cells@chaos.socialR This user is from outside of this forum
                            rogue_cells@chaos.socialR This user is from outside of this forum
                            rogue_cells@chaos.social
                            wrote sidst redigeret af
                            #51

                            @Tutanota I don't need privacy because of me doing something nefarious. I need privacy because I have to question your intent, goodwill, and competence to keep me safe, based on your past actions.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            0
                            • d4v@mastodon.socialD d4v@mastodon.social

                              @Tutanota I stopped arguing with people that says that. Because they even doesn't care if their medical history and everything gets leaked.

                              toriver@mas.toT This user is from outside of this forum
                              toriver@mas.toT This user is from outside of this forum
                              toriver@mas.to
                              wrote sidst redigeret af
                              #52

                              @d4v @Tutanota It’s especially funny when it comes from Americans, when the US has the concept of "doxxing" where someone spreads someone else’s address, phone number, email address or the like…

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              0
                              • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

                                "I have nothing to hide."

                                False.

                                You have medical history

                                You have financial behavior

                                You have location patterns

                                You have political views

                                You have relationship data

                                Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

                                A This user is from outside of this forum
                                A This user is from outside of this forum
                                aurelpere@mastodon.social
                                wrote sidst redigeret af
                                #53

                                @Tutanota 👍

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                0
                                • the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.comT the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.com

                                  @Tutanota "I have nothing to hide" ... "How did the scammer got my phone number?"

                                  "I have nothing to hide" ... "What is all this spam I'm getting?"

                                  "I have nothing to hide" ... "How did you know I was going to this restaurant?"

                                  "I have nothing to hide" ... "Why's this advertisement so accurate?"

                                  "I have nothing to hide" ... "Data breach? What? My medical records are in?!"

                                  "I have nothing to hide" ... 'Security Message: Someone logged into your account'..."I don't remember logging in today."

                                  S This user is from outside of this forum
                                  S This user is from outside of this forum
                                  softwaretheron@mas.to
                                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                                  #54

                                  @The_Universality @Tutanota

                                  "I have nothing to hide."

                                  "How many guns do you own?"

                                  the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.comT 1 Reply Last reply
                                  0
                                  • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

                                    "I have nothing to hide."

                                    False.

                                    You have medical history

                                    You have financial behavior

                                    You have location patterns

                                    You have political views

                                    You have relationship data

                                    Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

                                    octothorpe@mastodon.onlineO This user is from outside of this forum
                                    octothorpe@mastodon.onlineO This user is from outside of this forum
                                    octothorpe@mastodon.online
                                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                                    #55

                                    @Tutanota @Catfish_Man Turn to someone and look directly at them with dead eyes and tell them ‘I know when your kids leave for school in the morning, and when they leave school in the afternoon, and the routes they take’.

                                    And watch them freak the fuck out.

                                    Weird how that happens.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    0
                                    • mo@mastodon.mlM mo@mastodon.ml

                                      @pnairolf even funnier, sometimes illegallness may backpropagate! The fact, that it was legal back then, doesn't guarantee anything

                                      like, by Russian constitution, laws cannot have reverse power, but then they introduced concept of «ongoing crime»

                                      basically, if you posted something, while it's still available — it's subject to the most recent law. You posted a quote of an opposition politician, and don't removed it when they were declared extremist? You're now guilty of spreading extremist information. No, forgetting is not an excuse

                                      @Tutanota

                                      goose@fosstodon.orgG This user is from outside of this forum
                                      goose@fosstodon.orgG This user is from outside of this forum
                                      goose@fosstodon.org
                                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                                      #56

                                      @mo @pnairolf @Tutanota retroactive laws?

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      0
                                      • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

                                        "I have nothing to hide."

                                        False.

                                        You have medical history

                                        You have financial behavior

                                        You have location patterns

                                        You have political views

                                        You have relationship data

                                        Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

                                        peteriskrisjanis@toot.lvP This user is from outside of this forum
                                        peteriskrisjanis@toot.lvP This user is from outside of this forum
                                        peteriskrisjanis@toot.lv
                                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                                        #57

                                        @Tutanota when your boss badly want to know where you stand on tax policy, trust me, you have a lot to hide from people that have no right to intrude in your life.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        0
                                        • crazyeddie@mastodon.socialC crazyeddie@mastodon.social

                                          @The_Universality @Tutanota Nixon -> Richard -> Dick

                                          camilo@tuiter.rocksC This user is from outside of this forum
                                          camilo@tuiter.rocksC This user is from outside of this forum
                                          camilo@tuiter.rocks
                                          wrote sidst redigeret af
                                          #58

                                          @crazyeddie
                                          Well, in case you decide for a pig I suggest Donald, with or without the surname.😃
                                          @The_Universality @Tutanota

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          0
                                          Svar
                                          • Svar som emne
                                          Login for at svare
                                          • Ældste til nyeste
                                          • Nyeste til ældste
                                          • Most Votes


                                          • Log ind

                                          • Login or register to search.
                                          Powered by NodeBB Contributors
                                          Graciously hosted by data.coop
                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Hjem
                                          • Seneste
                                          • Etiketter
                                          • Populære
                                          • Verden
                                          • Bruger
                                          • Grupper