Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
  1. Forside
  2. Ikke-kategoriseret
  3. "I have nothing to hide."

"I have nothing to hide."

Planlagt Fastgjort Låst Flyttet Ikke-kategoriseret
83 Indlæg 61 Posters 150 Visninger
  • Ældste til nyeste
  • Nyeste til ældste
  • Most Votes
Svar
  • Svar som emne
Login for at svare
Denne tråd er blevet slettet. Kun brugere med emne behandlings privilegier kan se den.
  • d4v@mastodon.socialD d4v@mastodon.social

    @Tutanota I stopped arguing with people that says that. Because they even doesn't care if their medical history and everything gets leaked.

    toriver@mas.toT This user is from outside of this forum
    toriver@mas.toT This user is from outside of this forum
    toriver@mas.to
    wrote sidst redigeret af
    #52

    @d4v @Tutanota It’s especially funny when it comes from Americans, when the US has the concept of "doxxing" where someone spreads someone else’s address, phone number, email address or the like…

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

      "I have nothing to hide."

      False.

      You have medical history

      You have financial behavior

      You have location patterns

      You have political views

      You have relationship data

      Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

      A This user is from outside of this forum
      A This user is from outside of this forum
      aurelpere@mastodon.social
      wrote sidst redigeret af
      #53

      @Tutanota 👍

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.comT the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.com

        @Tutanota "I have nothing to hide" ... "How did the scammer got my phone number?"

        "I have nothing to hide" ... "What is all this spam I'm getting?"

        "I have nothing to hide" ... "How did you know I was going to this restaurant?"

        "I have nothing to hide" ... "Why's this advertisement so accurate?"

        "I have nothing to hide" ... "Data breach? What? My medical records are in?!"

        "I have nothing to hide" ... 'Security Message: Someone logged into your account'..."I don't remember logging in today."

        S This user is from outside of this forum
        S This user is from outside of this forum
        softwaretheron@mas.to
        wrote sidst redigeret af
        #54

        @The_Universality @Tutanota

        "I have nothing to hide."

        "How many guns do you own?"

        the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.comT 1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

          "I have nothing to hide."

          False.

          You have medical history

          You have financial behavior

          You have location patterns

          You have political views

          You have relationship data

          Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

          octothorpe@mastodon.onlineO This user is from outside of this forum
          octothorpe@mastodon.onlineO This user is from outside of this forum
          octothorpe@mastodon.online
          wrote sidst redigeret af
          #55

          @Tutanota @Catfish_Man Turn to someone and look directly at them with dead eyes and tell them ‘I know when your kids leave for school in the morning, and when they leave school in the afternoon, and the routes they take’.

          And watch them freak the fuck out.

          Weird how that happens.

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • mo@mastodon.mlM mo@mastodon.ml

            @pnairolf even funnier, sometimes illegallness may backpropagate! The fact, that it was legal back then, doesn't guarantee anything

            like, by Russian constitution, laws cannot have reverse power, but then they introduced concept of «ongoing crime»

            basically, if you posted something, while it's still available — it's subject to the most recent law. You posted a quote of an opposition politician, and don't removed it when they were declared extremist? You're now guilty of spreading extremist information. No, forgetting is not an excuse

            @Tutanota

            goose@fosstodon.orgG This user is from outside of this forum
            goose@fosstodon.orgG This user is from outside of this forum
            goose@fosstodon.org
            wrote sidst redigeret af
            #56

            @mo @pnairolf @Tutanota retroactive laws?

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

              "I have nothing to hide."

              False.

              You have medical history

              You have financial behavior

              You have location patterns

              You have political views

              You have relationship data

              Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

              peteriskrisjanis@toot.lvP This user is from outside of this forum
              peteriskrisjanis@toot.lvP This user is from outside of this forum
              peteriskrisjanis@toot.lv
              wrote sidst redigeret af
              #57

              @Tutanota when your boss badly want to know where you stand on tax policy, trust me, you have a lot to hide from people that have no right to intrude in your life.

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • crazyeddie@mastodon.socialC crazyeddie@mastodon.social

                @The_Universality @Tutanota Nixon -> Richard -> Dick

                camilo@tuiter.rocksC This user is from outside of this forum
                camilo@tuiter.rocksC This user is from outside of this forum
                camilo@tuiter.rocks
                wrote sidst redigeret af
                #58

                @crazyeddie
                Well, in case you decide for a pig I suggest Donald, with or without the surname.😃
                @The_Universality @Tutanota

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

                  "I have nothing to hide."

                  False.

                  You have medical history

                  You have financial behavior

                  You have location patterns

                  You have political views

                  You have relationship data

                  Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

                  multifact@floss.socialM This user is from outside of this forum
                  multifact@floss.socialM This user is from outside of this forum
                  multifact@floss.social
                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                  #59

                  @Tutanota I have nothing to show.

                  tutanota@mastodon.socialT 1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • multifact@floss.socialM multifact@floss.social

                    @Tutanota I have nothing to show.

                    tutanota@mastodon.socialT This user is from outside of this forum
                    tutanota@mastodon.socialT This user is from outside of this forum
                    tutanota@mastodon.social
                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                    #60

                    @multifact 😀

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • pepintheshort@ieji.deP pepintheshort@ieji.de

                      @Tutanota I tried what that guy on YouTube said: when people tell me they have nothing to hide I ask them to share their email password with me. I promise to do no wrong at all, I'd just login occasionally, read some emails and leave. No damage, no writing, no deleting, no traces left. So far they all refused 😐

                      ukeleleeric@mstdn.socialU This user is from outside of this forum
                      ukeleleeric@mstdn.socialU This user is from outside of this forum
                      ukeleleeric@mstdn.social
                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                      #61

                      @pepintheshort @Tutanota you should have also asked for their door key (actually, you could even ask why they have one), promising that you won't touch anything, just share photos of their household goods to everyone you know...

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

                        "I have nothing to hide."

                        False.

                        You have medical history

                        You have financial behavior

                        You have location patterns

                        You have political views

                        You have relationship data

                        Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

                        nando161@partyon.xyzN This user is from outside of this forum
                        nando161@partyon.xyzN This user is from outside of this forum
                        nando161@partyon.xyz
                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                        #62

                        @Tutanota #classwar, #EatTheRich, #fuckthesystem!

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • S softwaretheron@mas.to

                          @The_Universality @Tutanota

                          "I have nothing to hide."

                          "How many guns do you own?"

                          the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.comT This user is from outside of this forum
                          the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.comT This user is from outside of this forum
                          the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.com
                          wrote sidst redigeret af
                          #63

                          @SoftwareTheron @Tutanota Two crossbows!

                          ...

                          Wait.

                          WAIT!

                          (This is actually the first time someone suggested this. But I wouldn't find this one that harmful.)

                          S 1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.comT the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.com

                            @SoftwareTheron @Tutanota Two crossbows!

                            ...

                            Wait.

                            WAIT!

                            (This is actually the first time someone suggested this. But I wouldn't find this one that harmful.)

                            S This user is from outside of this forum
                            S This user is from outside of this forum
                            softwaretheron@mas.to
                            wrote sidst redigeret af
                            #64

                            @The_Universality @Tutanota
                            Perhaps you remember "the gummint's coming for our guns!!" ?

                            the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.comT 1 Reply Last reply
                            0
                            • S softwaretheron@mas.to

                              @The_Universality @Tutanota
                              Perhaps you remember "the gummint's coming for our guns!!" ?

                              the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.comT This user is from outside of this forum
                              the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.comT This user is from outside of this forum
                              the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.com
                              wrote sidst redigeret af
                              #65

                              @SoftwareTheron No. This is the first time I hear about this.

                              S 1 Reply Last reply
                              0
                              • the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.comT the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.com

                                @SoftwareTheron No. This is the first time I hear about this.

                                S This user is from outside of this forum
                                S This user is from outside of this forum
                                softwaretheron@mas.to
                                wrote sidst redigeret af
                                #66

                                @The_Universality
                                Too American, perhaps? (Not that I am.)
                                Or maybe too old.

                                the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.comT 1 Reply Last reply
                                0
                                • S softwaretheron@mas.to

                                  @The_Universality
                                  Too American, perhaps? (Not that I am.)
                                  Or maybe too old.

                                  the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.comT This user is from outside of this forum
                                  the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.comT This user is from outside of this forum
                                  the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.com
                                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                                  #67

                                  @SoftwareTheron I'm from EU Member State and not even old.

                                  Still I don't know to what event is that refering to nor what were the arguments.

                                  S 1 Reply Last reply
                                  0
                                  • the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.comT the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.com

                                    @SoftwareTheron I'm from EU Member State and not even old.

                                    Still I don't know to what event is that refering to nor what were the arguments.

                                    S This user is from outside of this forum
                                    S This user is from outside of this forum
                                    softwaretheron@mas.to
                                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                                    #68

                                    @The_Universality
                                    I'm old.

                                    There was, and probably still is, a claim among some right-wing Americans that they have guns to protect them from the state, and that the state is continually trying to constrain their ownership of weapons.

                                    The same people claim(-ed) to believe strongly that only those with something to hide should be frightened by intrusive law enforcement and data-gathering. Generally, what they actually meant was "The cops are on our side and we should be able to know everything about you". Especially in an LGBTQ+ context. Not illegal, but being strongly resisted by exactly these people.

                                    I wish I'd thought to point this contradiction out to them when I knew some, in the very early days of social media.

                                    the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.comT 1 Reply Last reply
                                    0
                                    • S softwaretheron@mas.to

                                      @The_Universality
                                      I'm old.

                                      There was, and probably still is, a claim among some right-wing Americans that they have guns to protect them from the state, and that the state is continually trying to constrain their ownership of weapons.

                                      The same people claim(-ed) to believe strongly that only those with something to hide should be frightened by intrusive law enforcement and data-gathering. Generally, what they actually meant was "The cops are on our side and we should be able to know everything about you". Especially in an LGBTQ+ context. Not illegal, but being strongly resisted by exactly these people.

                                      I wish I'd thought to point this contradiction out to them when I knew some, in the very early days of social media.

                                      the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.comT This user is from outside of this forum
                                      the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.comT This user is from outside of this forum
                                      the_universality@mastodon.novotnykrystof.com
                                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                                      #69

                                      @SoftwareTheron That is indeed contradicting statement from their side, then.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      0
                                      • tutanota@mastodon.socialT tutanota@mastodon.social

                                        "I have nothing to hide."

                                        False.

                                        You have medical history

                                        You have financial behavior

                                        You have location patterns

                                        You have political views

                                        You have relationship data

                                        Privacy was never about hiding crimes. It was always about owning your life.

                                        orca@nya.oneO This user is from outside of this forum
                                        orca@nya.oneO This user is from outside of this forum
                                        orca@nya.one
                                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                                        #70
                                        @Tutanota@mastodon.social
                                        I hope the one saying that would stand by that when someone leaked their secrets.
                                        Similarly for nation-states.
                                        orca@nya.oneO 1 Reply Last reply
                                        0
                                        • orca@nya.oneO orca@nya.one
                                          @Tutanota@mastodon.social
                                          I hope the one saying that would stand by that when someone leaked their secrets.
                                          Similarly for nation-states.
                                          orca@nya.oneO This user is from outside of this forum
                                          orca@nya.oneO This user is from outside of this forum
                                          orca@nya.one
                                          wrote sidst redigeret af
                                          #71
                                          @Tutanota@mastodon.social
                                          They don't get to "right to know", "need to know" etc etc for them and "nothing to hide" for us.
                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          0
                                          Svar
                                          • Svar som emne
                                          Login for at svare
                                          • Ældste til nyeste
                                          • Nyeste til ældste
                                          • Most Votes


                                          • Log ind

                                          • Login or register to search.
                                          Powered by NodeBB Contributors
                                          Graciously hosted by data.coop
                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Hjem
                                          • Seneste
                                          • Etiketter
                                          • Populære
                                          • Verden
                                          • Bruger
                                          • Grupper