I don't own a gun.
-
I don't own a gun. I have not touched a gun for decades. I have not once seen a gun in public in the city where I live, except for the pistols carried by law enforcement. Because in Denmark we don't have guns.
Our last school shooting was in 1994.
In the US 13,000 people will die from gun violence this year.
In Denmark only 10.
I call that being pro life.
@randahl Translation into MAGA: Denmark hates Freedom.
-
I don't own a gun. I have not touched a gun for decades. I have not once seen a gun in public in the city where I live, except for the pistols carried by law enforcement. Because in Denmark we don't have guns.
Our last school shooting was in 1994.
In the US 13,000 people will die from gun violence this year.
In Denmark only 10.
I call that being pro life.
There are 9.9 firearms per 100 citizens in Denmark. Canada has 34.7/100, Sweden has 23.1/100 and Finland has 32.4/100.
-
I don't own a gun. I have not touched a gun for decades. I have not once seen a gun in public in the city where I live, except for the pistols carried by law enforcement. Because in Denmark we don't have guns.
Our last school shooting was in 1994.
In the US 13,000 people will die from gun violence this year.
In Denmark only 10.
I call that being pro life.
@randahl I was once a 'gun professional'. I was a small arms weapons instructor and Infantry officer. Since retiring I have never owned a firearm
-
I don't own a gun. I have not touched a gun for decades. I have not once seen a gun in public in the city where I live, except for the pistols carried by law enforcement. Because in Denmark we don't have guns.
Our last school shooting was in 1994.
In the US 13,000 people will die from gun violence this year.
In Denmark only 10.
I call that being pro life.
@randahl I’m unsure if gun laws in the USA should be called culling, population control, or insanity.
-
I don't own a gun. I have not touched a gun for decades. I have not once seen a gun in public in the city where I live, except for the pistols carried by law enforcement. Because in Denmark we don't have guns.
Our last school shooting was in 1994.
In the US 13,000 people will die from gun violence this year.
In Denmark only 10.
I call that being pro life.
@randahl Thé gun nuts of AmeriKKKa have failed. They don’t recognize tyranny.
Gun reform is on my list.
This country needs a complete overhaul. -
I don't own a gun. I have not touched a gun for decades. I have not once seen a gun in public in the city where I live, except for the pistols carried by law enforcement. Because in Denmark we don't have guns.
Our last school shooting was in 1994.
In the US 13,000 people will die from gun violence this year.
In Denmark only 10.
I call that being pro life.
@randahl That's the thing that drives me crazy about how people act like getting rid of guns is some new, untested concept. A lot of the world has done this long ago and proven year after year that it actually works.
And the one thing people claimed they needed guns for here, they're literally not using them for...
-
I don't own a gun. I have not touched a gun for decades. I have not once seen a gun in public in the city where I live, except for the pistols carried by law enforcement. Because in Denmark we don't have guns.
Our last school shooting was in 1994.
In the US 13,000 people will die from gun violence this year.
In Denmark only 10.
I call that being pro life.
@randahl I’m pro “2nd amendment”, though the right don’t seem to understand what a militia was or well regulated for that matter.
However, given the current interpretation, I want strict responsibility laws like Israel has. Last person of record is responsible, be it person, retailer, or company. Filed off numbers? Company at fault.
-
I don't own a gun. I have not touched a gun for decades. I have not once seen a gun in public in the city where I live, except for the pistols carried by law enforcement. Because in Denmark we don't have guns.
Our last school shooting was in 1994.
In the US 13,000 people will die from gun violence this year.
In Denmark only 10.
I call that being pro life.
@randahl
Double that number to include suicides. -
I don't own a gun. I have not touched a gun for decades. I have not once seen a gun in public in the city where I live, except for the pistols carried by law enforcement. Because in Denmark we don't have guns.
Our last school shooting was in 1994.
In the US 13,000 people will die from gun violence this year.
In Denmark only 10.
I call that being pro life.
@randahl Don't disagree, but when the enemy has AR-15 assault weapons, multiple pistols, carries them openly in public, and the law gives victims no recourse against shooters if shooters "feel threatened" and "have no duty to retreat" in public, the ONLY sane option is to arm up so you can shoot back.
-
I don't own a gun. I have not touched a gun for decades. I have not once seen a gun in public in the city where I live, except for the pistols carried by law enforcement. Because in Denmark we don't have guns.
Our last school shooting was in 1994.
In the US 13,000 people will die from gun violence this year.
In Denmark only 10.
I call that being pro life.
@randahl I don't know if you care about facts, but if you removed the top 5-6 cities in which gun violence occurs in the US (cities which are Democrat/left leaning and the victims and instigators of gun violence come from a decidedly singular demographic), then the US is pretty darn safe despite the number of guns in circulation.
It ultimately comes down to culture and has absolutely nothing to do with the issue of guns. Look at Switzerland, which allowed its veterans to take home their military issued rifles. Dare I say they have very few issues of gun violence.
The great thing is that freedom allows you to have the choice of NOT owning a gun. But you should never tell another people what they should or shouldn't be allowed to have.
-
@randahl Don't disagree, but when the enemy has AR-15 assault weapons, multiple pistols, carries them openly in public, and the law gives victims no recourse against shooters if shooters "feel threatened" and "have no duty to retreat" in public, the ONLY sane option is to arm up so you can shoot back.
> the ONLY sane option is to arm up so you can shoot back.
Odd use of the word "sane"
It is recommending playing by rules, you had no say in, that are heavilly weighted against you and joining in a game you are almost guaranteed to loose.
At the cost of your life.
I think the word used ought to have been "insane"
-
@randahl I don't know if you care about facts, but if you removed the top 5-6 cities in which gun violence occurs in the US (cities which are Democrat/left leaning and the victims and instigators of gun violence come from a decidedly singular demographic), then the US is pretty darn safe despite the number of guns in circulation.
It ultimately comes down to culture and has absolutely nothing to do with the issue of guns. Look at Switzerland, which allowed its veterans to take home their military issued rifles. Dare I say they have very few issues of gun violence.
The great thing is that freedom allows you to have the choice of NOT owning a gun. But you should never tell another people what they should or shouldn't be allowed to have.
That is interesting. Have you a source for that?
-
> the ONLY sane option is to arm up so you can shoot back.
Odd use of the word "sane"
It is recommending playing by rules, you had no say in, that are heavilly weighted against you and joining in a game you are almost guaranteed to loose.
At the cost of your life.
I think the word used ought to have been "insane"
-
@randahl Don't disagree, but when the enemy has AR-15 assault weapons, multiple pistols, carries them openly in public, and the law gives victims no recourse against shooters if shooters "feel threatened" and "have no duty to retreat" in public, the ONLY sane option is to arm up so you can shoot back.
@frequencyfault @randahl No, then only sane option is to state you're unarmed and de-escalate. Even if the AR-15 wearer wants your car or your wallet, … : give them to him/her!
It's not cowardice, it's recognizing you don't value those as much as the innocent lives you could take out when you miss because you're not trained for gun fights, and more lives if your opponent shoots in your direction with an AR-15 and take out multiple bystanders.
If you're armed, you are indeed, a threat: no one knows why you are and how likely you are to accidentally kill someone. -
That is interesting. Have you a source for that?
Never believe anything that anybody says at just face value. If you're truly curious on the subject, just do a simple internet search to find out the US cities that have the highest gun violence. Then look at its government and it's racial statistics.
Here's a fun fact for you. When you hear the term mass shooting which has been used a lot in the media in recent years, you typically think of dozens or possibly even hundreds of people dead. But did you know that a mass shooting is defined as a shooting in which as few as three people were shot and injured? On a given holiday weekend in Chicago, several mass shootings happen with regularity.
-
@frequencyfault @randahl No, then only sane option is to state you're unarmed and de-escalate. Even if the AR-15 wearer wants your car or your wallet, … : give them to him/her!
It's not cowardice, it's recognizing you don't value those as much as the innocent lives you could take out when you miss because you're not trained for gun fights, and more lives if your opponent shoots in your direction with an AR-15 and take out multiple bystanders.
If you're armed, you are indeed, a threat: no one knows why you are and how likely you are to accidentally kill someone.@matlag @randahl Unfortunately, the enemy doesn't see it that way. If everyone around you is armed you're easy pickings. It's basic game theory.
I didn't say I like living like this. Baby Boomers elected all the people that made everything this way to protect their wealth and property rights. I have neither, i just don't want to be shot.
Deterrence is defense.
-
> Well we saw how great peaceful, rational dialogue worked at Munich all those years ago...
What are you even talking about? How is that relevant to anything?
I assume you are talking about the Olympics - a counter example if there ever was one of taking up arms
If not, then what?
-
Never believe anything that anybody says at just face value. If you're truly curious on the subject, just do a simple internet search to find out the US cities that have the highest gun violence. Then look at its government and it's racial statistics.
Here's a fun fact for you. When you hear the term mass shooting which has been used a lot in the media in recent years, you typically think of dozens or possibly even hundreds of people dead. But did you know that a mass shooting is defined as a shooting in which as few as three people were shot and injured? On a given holiday weekend in Chicago, several mass shootings happen with regularity.
> If you're truly curious on the subject, just do a simple internet search to find out the US cities that have the highest gun violence.
Please. You are stating you know facts ("... if you care about facts). They sound fascinating.
Share them please.
-
@randahl
Double that number to include suicides.Gun deaths in the US including suicides in 2024.
” at least 42,348 people died of gunshot wounds last year "
https://www.thetrace.org/2026/08/gun-deaths-homicide-suicide-cdc-data/
-
> Well we saw how great peaceful, rational dialogue worked at Munich all those years ago...
What are you even talking about? How is that relevant to anything?
I assume you are talking about the Olympics - a counter example if there ever was one of taking up arms
If not, then what?
@worik @randahl No. I'm talking about Chamberlain with his worthless assurance by Hitler after his summit. Talking to maniacs is not helpful. Firebombing their cities is.
The fanatical Axis Powers didn't surrender due to relentless communication and whatever. Enough if their people got reduced to ash that their will to keep fighting for their beliefs was broken.
Same principal. In America, the gun nuts want to shoot anyone who scares them. I counter their urges by arming myself.