I don't own a gun.
-
I don't own a gun. I have not touched a gun for decades. I have not once seen a gun in public in the city where I live, except for the pistols carried by law enforcement. Because in Denmark we don't have guns.
Our last school shooting was in 1994.
In the US 13,000 people will die from gun violence this year.
In Denmark only 10.
I call that being pro life.
@randahl what about knife stabbings?
-
I don't own a gun. I have not touched a gun for decades. I have not once seen a gun in public in the city where I live, except for the pistols carried by law enforcement. Because in Denmark we don't have guns.
Our last school shooting was in 1994.
In the US 13,000 people will die from gun violence this year.
In Denmark only 10.
I call that being pro life.
And it shows that the US is a poor and underdeveloped country. I'm living in Germany 67 yrs old and never had to use or own a gun. We pay professionals to do it. We call them police, military, Forest ranger and body guard.
And the are a small number of gun athletes, using them in sports. Professionals like Olympic biathlets are from the above groups too and paid users too.
Amateurs are rare. People can afford to let professionals do the shooting.
-
@randahl Translation into MAGA: Denmark hates Freedom.
-
> the ONLY sane option is to arm up so you can shoot back.
Odd use of the word "sane"
It is recommending playing by rules, you had no say in, that are heavilly weighted against you and joining in a game you are almost guaranteed to loose.
At the cost of your life.
I think the word used ought to have been "insane"
@worik @frequencyfault @randahl
The only way to win is not to play...
-
@worik @randahl No. I'm talking about Chamberlain with his worthless assurance by Hitler after his summit. Talking to maniacs is not helpful. Firebombing their cities is.
The fanatical Axis Powers didn't surrender due to relentless communication and whatever. Enough if their people got reduced to ash that their will to keep fighting for their beliefs was broken.
Same principal. In America, the gun nuts want to shoot anyone who scares them. I counter their urges by arming myself.
@frequencyfault @worik @randahl
> Talking to maniacs is not helpful. Firebombing their cities is.
Strange, seeing you advocate a fire-bombing of Washington. Personally I tend to spare the civilian collateral damage, because, it's not really the maniacs' cities.
-
I don't own a gun. I have not touched a gun for decades. I have not once seen a gun in public in the city where I live, except for the pistols carried by law enforcement. Because in Denmark we don't have guns.
Our last school shooting was in 1994.
In the US 13,000 people will die from gun violence this year.
In Denmark only 10.
I call that being pro life.
@randahl I am not "impressed" by that "small" number of dead people. Why? In South Africa we have on average of 70 murders EVERY DAY. It is a GOOD idea to have a FEW guns here.
-
I don't own a gun. I have not touched a gun for decades. I have not once seen a gun in public in the city where I live, except for the pistols carried by law enforcement. Because in Denmark we don't have guns.
Our last school shooting was in 1994.
In the US 13,000 people will die from gun violence this year.
In Denmark only 10.
I call that being pro life.
@randahl You live in one of the wealthiest countries in the world (without the type of wealth disparity we have in the States).
Gun violence in the U.S. is a symptom of much greater problems. Our Canadian neighbors have plenty of guns but they don't have the gun violence problem we have.
-
I don't own a gun. I have not touched a gun for decades. I have not once seen a gun in public in the city where I live, except for the pistols carried by law enforcement. Because in Denmark we don't have guns.
Our last school shooting was in 1994.
In the US 13,000 people will die from gun violence this year.
In Denmark only 10.
I call that being pro life.
@randahl What scares me, is that while we also have guns in private hands for hunting and target shooting (Germany; 19.6 private firearms per 100 residents as per Small Arms Survey 2017), we still experience way lower gun-related incidents than the USofA.
I have used guns, have been a gun safety instructor, and won't disclose if I own guns. Still, you can handle guns safely. I lived few years in the US (totally unrelated to guns), and encountered some pretty lunatic folks there. That society is way, way different from Europe, and it can be quite scary.
-
@randahl I don't know if you care about facts, but if you removed the top 5-6 cities in which gun violence occurs in the US (cities which are Democrat/left leaning and the victims and instigators of gun violence come from a decidedly singular demographic), then the US is pretty darn safe despite the number of guns in circulation.
It ultimately comes down to culture and has absolutely nothing to do with the issue of guns. Look at Switzerland, which allowed its veterans to take home their military issued rifles. Dare I say they have very few issues of gun violence.
The great thing is that freedom allows you to have the choice of NOT owning a gun. But you should never tell another people what they should or shouldn't be allowed to have.
-
@randahl I don't know if you care about facts, but if you removed the top 5-6 cities in which gun violence occurs in the US (cities which are Democrat/left leaning and the victims and instigators of gun violence come from a decidedly singular demographic), then the US is pretty darn safe despite the number of guns in circulation.
It ultimately comes down to culture and has absolutely nothing to do with the issue of guns. Look at Switzerland, which allowed its veterans to take home their military issued rifles. Dare I say they have very few issues of gun violence.
The great thing is that freedom allows you to have the choice of NOT owning a gun. But you should never tell another people what they should or shouldn't be allowed to have.
@originalworlds @randahl “decidedly singular demographic”
BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK
-
And it shows that the US is a poor and underdeveloped country. I'm living in Germany 67 yrs old and never had to use or own a gun. We pay professionals to do it. We call them police, military, Forest ranger and body guard.
And the are a small number of gun athletes, using them in sports. Professionals like Olympic biathlets are from the above groups too and paid users too.
Amateurs are rare. People can afford to let professionals do the shooting.
Interesting to hear this from Germany, of all places. Within your parents' lifetime, your country's "professionals" murdered around six million Jews, about three million of them citizens of Poland. In total, more than five million Polish citizens were killed under German occupation: Polish Jews and roughly two million ethnic Poles, most of them Catholics. Add to that about 3.3 million Soviet prisoners of war, millions of Soviet civilians, hundreds of thousands of Roma and Sinti, and 250,000–300,000 people with disabilities.
Germany built thousands of camps, including extermination camps with gas chambers and crematoria, and sold the victims' hair to industry for textiles and mattresses. All of this was done by paid, trained, uniformed professionals. So leaving the guns to the state is not, in itself, proof of a civilised country.
And that memory is fading. In a Claims Conference survey, 12% of Germans aged 18–29 had never heard of the Holocaust, and about 40% of them didn't know that six million Jews were murdered. In a 2024 Ipsos poll, 59% of Germans believed most Holocaust victims came from Germany, and only 28% named Poland. In the 2025 MEMO study, more Germans wanted to "draw a line" under the Nazi past (38%) than opposed it (37%), and in a Die Zeit poll 28% said the Nazi era "also had its good sides".Only for discusion...
-
-
@originalworlds
They were busy, that's why I responded to you. -
@randahl What scares me, is that while we also have guns in private hands for hunting and target shooting (Germany; 19.6 private firearms per 100 residents as per Small Arms Survey 2017), we still experience way lower gun-related incidents than the USofA.
I have used guns, have been a gun safety instructor, and won't disclose if I own guns. Still, you can handle guns safely. I lived few years in the US (totally unrelated to guns), and encountered some pretty lunatic folks there. That society is way, way different from Europe, and it can be quite scary.
I lived in the US for nearly twenty years. What shook me the most was how brutal multiple killings had very limited news coverage and were usually forgotten the next day - unless a celebrity was involved. If families organised to call for any form of gun control, the killings were "fake" and the protestors were "paid crisis actors".
I have to compare this to hearing about the Dunblane massacre while driving to work. I had to pull over, process what I was hearing, turn off the radio, dry my eyes and drive on when I felt safe to do so.
I did not expect to become blasé to three or four fatal shootings every week in my local area.
-
I don't own a gun. I have not touched a gun for decades. I have not once seen a gun in public in the city where I live, except for the pistols carried by law enforcement. Because in Denmark we don't have guns.
Our last school shooting was in 1994.
In the US 13,000 people will die from gun violence this year.
In Denmark only 10.
I call that being pro life.
@ri I have never touched or seen a gun in the hands of a non-police person. Europe 🤟
-
I don't own a gun. I have not touched a gun for decades. I have not once seen a gun in public in the city where I live, except for the pistols carried by law enforcement. Because in Denmark we don't have guns.
Our last school shooting was in 1994.
In the US 13,000 people will die from gun violence this year.
In Denmark only 10.
I call that being pro life.
@randahl
I guess it won't change even if US prohibited Gun. there will be knife, bomb, or other kind of crime in replacement.the gun is kind of media, while the real reason is hatred and extreme polarisation their politicians and celebrities created.
-
@randahl what about knife stabbings?
The US has more knife stabbings per capita too.
-
I don't own a gun. I have not touched a gun for decades. I have not once seen a gun in public in the city where I live, except for the pistols carried by law enforcement. Because in Denmark we don't have guns.
Our last school shooting was in 1994.
In the US 13,000 people will die from gun violence this year.
In Denmark only 10.
I call that being pro life.
I read somewhere years ago in a article/commentary that the entire German police force fired less bullets in an entire year during execution of their duties (meaning it excludes the training on range etc) than a single US police officer in a single shootout with one lone gunman. The number quoted was something like 38 bullets for the ENTIRE German police force. A country of over 80mil with a gun-culture stemming from hunting & sport.
The entire US is just bonkers.
-
@randahl Thé gun nuts of AmeriKKKa have failed. They don’t recognize tyranny.
Gun reform is on my list.
This country needs a complete overhaul.@RiaResists @randahl Gun nuts ideology in the US was never about protecting *from* tyranny, it was about protecting *tyranny*. It was about shooting slaves.
-
@worik @randahl No. I'm talking about Chamberlain with his worthless assurance by Hitler after his summit. Talking to maniacs is not helpful. Firebombing their cities is.
The fanatical Axis Powers didn't surrender due to relentless communication and whatever. Enough if their people got reduced to ash that their will to keep fighting for their beliefs was broken.
Same principal. In America, the gun nuts want to shoot anyone who scares them. I counter their urges by arming myself.
@frequencyfault @worik @randahl ”Firebombing their cities is”
This is exactly what the Netanyahu cabinet and Hamas strategy is: kill as many civilians as possible.