Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
  1. Forside
  2. Ikke-kategoriseret
  3. You’re purchasing a lightweight, for-fun app.

You’re purchasing a lightweight, for-fun app.

Planlagt Fastgjort Låst Flyttet Ikke-kategoriseret
13 Indlæg 8 Posters 0 Visninger
  • Ældste til nyeste
  • Nyeste til ældste
  • Most Votes
Svar
  • Svar som emne
Login for at svare
Denne tråd er blevet slettet. Kun brugere med emne behandlings privilegier kan se den.
  • niclake@mastodon.socialN niclake@mastodon.social

    You’re purchasing a lightweight, for-fun app. Maybe you like the developer cause they’re handsome and funny, idk. What tier(s) would you be all in for?

    $$ amounts are flexible - mostly just X, X/2, and X/20. I’m just coming up with numbers so nobody has to do math.

    Please boost this - us baby indie devs need guidance!

    hamatti@mastodon.worldH This user is from outside of this forum
    hamatti@mastodon.worldH This user is from outside of this forum
    hamatti@mastodon.world
    wrote sidst redigeret af
    #2

    @niclake Single payment all the way. Unless it's something I know I'll only use that one time so that $1/mo would be cheaper, I'm so tired of the accumulation of subscription charges and being hostage of paying every month or losing everything I've used it for until then (not applicable to EVERY app but most of them).

    hamatti@mastodon.worldH 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • niclake@mastodon.socialN niclake@mastodon.social

      You’re purchasing a lightweight, for-fun app. Maybe you like the developer cause they’re handsome and funny, idk. What tier(s) would you be all in for?

      $$ amounts are flexible - mostly just X, X/2, and X/20. I’m just coming up with numbers so nobody has to do math.

      Please boost this - us baby indie devs need guidance!

      esurel@chaos.socialE This user is from outside of this forum
      esurel@chaos.socialE This user is from outside of this forum
      esurel@chaos.social
      wrote sidst redigeret af
      #3

      @niclake All of those seem reasonable, especially since every minor app seems to start at 6 dollars a month these days. 😅

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • niclake@mastodon.socialN niclake@mastodon.social

        You’re purchasing a lightweight, for-fun app. Maybe you like the developer cause they’re handsome and funny, idk. What tier(s) would you be all in for?

        $$ amounts are flexible - mostly just X, X/2, and X/20. I’m just coming up with numbers so nobody has to do math.

        Please boost this - us baby indie devs need guidance!

        starling@keyboards.socialS This user is from outside of this forum
        starling@keyboards.socialS This user is from outside of this forum
        starling@keyboards.social
        wrote sidst redigeret af
        #4

        @niclake the answer you probably don’t want: it depends on the app, but “lightweight, for-fun” makes me think the price should be $0

        niclake@mastodon.socialN 1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • starling@keyboards.socialS starling@keyboards.social

          @niclake the answer you probably don’t want: it depends on the app, but “lightweight, for-fun” makes me think the price should be $0

          niclake@mastodon.socialN This user is from outside of this forum
          niclake@mastodon.socialN This user is from outside of this forum
          niclake@mastodon.social
          wrote sidst redigeret af
          #5

          @starling I may not enjoy the answer, but I definitely want to hear it! 🙂

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • niclake@mastodon.socialN niclake@mastodon.social

            You’re purchasing a lightweight, for-fun app. Maybe you like the developer cause they’re handsome and funny, idk. What tier(s) would you be all in for?

            $$ amounts are flexible - mostly just X, X/2, and X/20. I’m just coming up with numbers so nobody has to do math.

            Please boost this - us baby indie devs need guidance!

            joedyrt57@mastodon.socialJ This user is from outside of this forum
            joedyrt57@mastodon.socialJ This user is from outside of this forum
            joedyrt57@mastodon.social
            wrote sidst redigeret af
            #6

            @niclake All of the above, if it’s not an administrative burden.

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • hamatti@mastodon.worldH hamatti@mastodon.world

              @niclake Single payment all the way. Unless it's something I know I'll only use that one time so that $1/mo would be cheaper, I'm so tired of the accumulation of subscription charges and being hostage of paying every month or losing everything I've used it for until then (not applicable to EVERY app but most of them).

              hamatti@mastodon.worldH This user is from outside of this forum
              hamatti@mastodon.worldH This user is from outside of this forum
              hamatti@mastodon.world
              wrote sidst redigeret af
              #7

              @niclake To clarify a bit: I'm happy to pay a developer for their work. I'm even okay if they charge an upgrade cost (but don't force an upgrade) with major updates.

              Subscriptions are just really bad model for me and I tend to then seek for other solutions so the end result is that at least from my patronage, the developer is losing money if they go subs route.

              niclake@mastodon.socialN hamatti@mastodon.worldH 2 Replies Last reply
              0
              • hamatti@mastodon.worldH hamatti@mastodon.world

                @niclake To clarify a bit: I'm happy to pay a developer for their work. I'm even okay if they charge an upgrade cost (but don't force an upgrade) with major updates.

                Subscriptions are just really bad model for me and I tend to then seek for other solutions so the end result is that at least from my patronage, the developer is losing money if they go subs route.

                niclake@mastodon.socialN This user is from outside of this forum
                niclake@mastodon.socialN This user is from outside of this forum
                niclake@mastodon.social
                wrote sidst redigeret af
                #8

                @hamatti I’m 100% with you. As a dev, I can see how recurring revenue can be motivating and helpful. As an individual, I love the idea of actually owning what I use. And if anything, I err towards yearly subscriptions, because it’s the perfect balance of those to me.

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • hamatti@mastodon.worldH hamatti@mastodon.world

                  @niclake To clarify a bit: I'm happy to pay a developer for their work. I'm even okay if they charge an upgrade cost (but don't force an upgrade) with major updates.

                  Subscriptions are just really bad model for me and I tend to then seek for other solutions so the end result is that at least from my patronage, the developer is losing money if they go subs route.

                  hamatti@mastodon.worldH This user is from outside of this forum
                  hamatti@mastodon.worldH This user is from outside of this forum
                  hamatti@mastodon.world
                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                  #9

                  @niclake There are some (like Obsidian and Wallabag) that I pay a voluntary annual sum of money to support. I love that I know that if I'm in a tough financial situation, I can reduce that cost without losing access.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • niclake@mastodon.socialN niclake@mastodon.social

                    You’re purchasing a lightweight, for-fun app. Maybe you like the developer cause they’re handsome and funny, idk. What tier(s) would you be all in for?

                    $$ amounts are flexible - mostly just X, X/2, and X/20. I’m just coming up with numbers so nobody has to do math.

                    Please boost this - us baby indie devs need guidance!

                    mitten@social.lolM This user is from outside of this forum
                    mitten@social.lolM This user is from outside of this forum
                    mitten@social.lol
                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                    #10

                    @niclake $15 once, pay again for future major releases

                    niclake@mastodon.socialN 1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • mitten@social.lolM mitten@social.lol

                      @niclake $15 once, pay again for future major releases

                      niclake@mastodon.socialN This user is from outside of this forum
                      niclake@mastodon.socialN This user is from outside of this forum
                      niclake@mastodon.social
                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                      #11

                      @mitten Wow the *super* old school way. I honestly don’t hate that, but I worry about fragmenting the user base + how the App Store would deal with that (this hypothetical is for an iOS app), but I may have to investigate.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • niclake@mastodon.socialN niclake@mastodon.social

                        You’re purchasing a lightweight, for-fun app. Maybe you like the developer cause they’re handsome and funny, idk. What tier(s) would you be all in for?

                        $$ amounts are flexible - mostly just X, X/2, and X/20. I’m just coming up with numbers so nobody has to do math.

                        Please boost this - us baby indie devs need guidance!

                        kyle@keyboards.socialK This user is from outside of this forum
                        kyle@keyboards.socialK This user is from outside of this forum
                        kyle@keyboards.social
                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                        #12

                        @niclake for an app that isn’t essential to some workflow: free with the option to tip the developer. Even better: additional (non functionality changing) fun behind a one-time payment- like new themes, icons, etc.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • niclake@mastodon.socialN niclake@mastodon.social

                          You’re purchasing a lightweight, for-fun app. Maybe you like the developer cause they’re handsome and funny, idk. What tier(s) would you be all in for?

                          $$ amounts are flexible - mostly just X, X/2, and X/20. I’m just coming up with numbers so nobody has to do math.

                          Please boost this - us baby indie devs need guidance!

                          skippy@social.lolS This user is from outside of this forum
                          skippy@social.lolS This user is from outside of this forum
                          skippy@social.lol
                          wrote sidst redigeret af
                          #13

                          @niclake @aleemshaun $20 feels like a lot, unless I’ve had a chance to really use the app and know that it’s something I’ll keep using.

                          $10 feels like a comfortable spot for an impulse buy.

                          No subscriptions. I may not stay on iOS, or may look for ways to stop giving them money via app purchases.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • anderslund@expressional.socialA anderslund@expressional.social shared this topic
                          Svar
                          • Svar som emne
                          Login for at svare
                          • Ældste til nyeste
                          • Nyeste til ældste
                          • Most Votes


                          • Log ind

                          • Login or register to search.
                          Powered by NodeBB Contributors
                          Graciously hosted by data.coop
                          • First post
                            Last post
                          0
                          • Hjem
                          • Seneste
                          • Etiketter
                          • Populære
                          • Verden
                          • Bruger
                          • Grupper