Me: I will use "radium water" as an analogy for how horrible AI's potential subtle long-term effects are, because the general public in 2026 can easily understand this analogy.
-
Me: I will use "radium water" as an analogy for how horrible AI's potential subtle long-term effects are, because the general public in 2026 can easily understand this analogy.
The general public in 2026: https://futurism.com/future-society/alternative-health-influencer-drinking-radioactive-jug-revigator
@glyph holy hell. Reading about the effects of radium is one of the most horrific things I’ve ever experienced.
-
Me: I will use "radium water" as an analogy for how horrible AI's potential subtle long-term effects are, because the general public in 2026 can easily understand this analogy.
The general public in 2026: https://futurism.com/future-society/alternative-health-influencer-drinking-radioactive-jug-revigator
@glyph The Natural Selection is working
-
@glyph okay i guess that's not actually better
@mcc A "small ideological minority" whose approval rating never seems to dip below about 45% of the voting public, somehow.
-
Me: I will use "radium water" as an analogy for how horrible AI's potential subtle long-term effects are, because the general public in 2026 can easily understand this analogy.
The general public in 2026: https://futurism.com/future-society/alternative-health-influencer-drinking-radioactive-jug-revigator
Ah, yet another recommendation for the excellent book "The Poisoners Handbook" #Bookstodon
-
Me: I will use "radium water" as an analogy for how horrible AI's potential subtle long-term effects are, because the general public in 2026 can easily understand this analogy.
The general public in 2026: https://futurism.com/future-society/alternative-health-influencer-drinking-radioactive-jug-revigator
@glyph weren't people injecting bleach a few years ago? You need to raise the absurdity of your analogies
-
@mcc A "small ideological minority" whose approval rating never seems to dip below about 45% of the voting public, somehow.
@glyph 51% of the voting public voted to defer their choice to the 45% of the voting public who always vote republican who voted to defer their choice to 27% of the voting public who are ideologically extreme republicans who decided to defer their choice to one single man from the television who decided to defer all health and science policy to the 5% of the general, possibly-voting public who believe contrarian and semi-mystical things about nutrition and health
-
Me: I will use "radium water" as an analogy for how horrible AI's potential subtle long-term effects are, because the general public in 2026 can easily understand this analogy.
The general public in 2026: https://futurism.com/future-society/alternative-health-influencer-drinking-radioactive-jug-revigator
@glyph and of course there's the antisemitism
-
Me: I will use "radium water" as an analogy for how horrible AI's potential subtle long-term effects are, because the general public in 2026 can easily understand this analogy.
The general public in 2026: https://futurism.com/future-society/alternative-health-influencer-drinking-radioactive-jug-revigator
@glyph
> "It’s little wonder, then, why Byer’s body is interred in a lead-lined coffin."...
> "[...] 500,000 Instagram followers [...]"
...
are we going to have to start carrying geiger counters or something in case we happen to encounter one of Roeske's followers?
(normally i'd expect the mass-production of irradiated products to be blocked by regulations, but then i remembered that RFK is still secretary of the HHS)
-
Me: I will use "radium water" as an analogy for how horrible AI's potential subtle long-term effects are, because the general public in 2026 can easily understand this analogy.
The general public in 2026: https://futurism.com/future-society/alternative-health-influencer-drinking-radioactive-jug-revigator
-
Me: I will use "radium water" as an analogy for how horrible AI's potential subtle long-term effects are, because the general public in 2026 can easily understand this analogy.
The general public in 2026: https://futurism.com/future-society/alternative-health-influencer-drinking-radioactive-jug-revigator
@glyph "Look at me, I'm jumping right out of the gene pool!"
-
Me: I will use "radium water" as an analogy for how horrible AI's potential subtle long-term effects are, because the general public in 2026 can easily understand this analogy.
The general public in 2026: https://futurism.com/future-society/alternative-health-influencer-drinking-radioactive-jug-revigator
@glyph look forward to seeing him without a jaw then I guess.
-
Me: I will use "radium water" as an analogy for how horrible AI's potential subtle long-term effects are, because the general public in 2026 can easily understand this analogy.
The general public in 2026: https://futurism.com/future-society/alternative-health-influencer-drinking-radioactive-jug-revigator
@glyph Sadly not a new thing
-
@glyph holy hell. Reading about the effects of radium is one of the most horrific things I’ve ever experienced.
-
Me: I will use "radium water" as an analogy for how horrible AI's potential subtle long-term effects are, because the general public in 2026 can easily understand this analogy.
The general public in 2026: https://futurism.com/future-society/alternative-health-influencer-drinking-radioactive-jug-revigator
@glyph Waiting for the alt-healthers to declare dimethylmercury the cure for all ills.
-
Me: I will use "radium water" as an analogy for how horrible AI's potential subtle long-term effects are, because the general public in 2026 can easily understand this analogy.
The general public in 2026: https://futurism.com/future-society/alternative-health-influencer-drinking-radioactive-jug-revigator
-
Me: I will use "radium water" as an analogy for how horrible AI's potential subtle long-term effects are, because the general public in 2026 can easily understand this analogy.
The general public in 2026: https://futurism.com/future-society/alternative-health-influencer-drinking-radioactive-jug-revigator
I really hope this trend takes hold among Republican adults.
-
@mcc A "small ideological minority" whose approval rating never seems to dip below about 45% of the voting public, somehow.
@glyph @mcc
Que tiene que ver los tecno oligarcas con ello?
Son los dueños de los medios de comunicación y las redes sociales?Luego, supongo que este hombre es un profesional de la desinformación, vive de la intoxicación .
Que pruebe con otras aguas para redondear el tratamiento, con plomo, amianto o cianuro.Pdt Al ladrón envenenador Ruso le encanta “repartir” polonio, es otra opción.
-
Me: I will use "radium water" as an analogy for how horrible AI's potential subtle long-term effects are, because the general public in 2026 can easily understand this analogy.
The general public in 2026: https://futurism.com/future-society/alternative-health-influencer-drinking-radioactive-jug-revigator
@glyph I normally don’t like to direct traffic towards these folks, but if you’re skeptical that someone you’ve never heard of has the most Oniony (seriously; read the article, it’s a doozy) article you’ve ever seen and is actually real, well…he does have a website, and it has a blog section: https://cultivateelevate.com/blog/
The FAQ will also be, ah, informative. I did get a chuckle at him touting his “organic” products for being safe from heavy metals, because those are bad for you.
-
@glyph I want to stress this man is *not* the general public, he's a member of a small ideological minority… which… for… some… reason… has 100%, absolute control over the nation's science and health policy.
-
Me: I will use "radium water" as an analogy for how horrible AI's potential subtle long-term effects are, because the general public in 2026 can easily understand this analogy.
The general public in 2026: https://futurism.com/future-society/alternative-health-influencer-drinking-radioactive-jug-revigator
so we apparently live in a world where if someone touts ricin capsules as a cure-all they get money and influence. or fluoroantimonic acid bowel cleanse! howabout polio for making your muscles tougher
"My favorite thing about radium water is it pulls the vaccine toxicity out of the body"
it's hard to read that sentence without losing braincells