Me: I will use "radium water" as an analogy for how horrible AI's potential subtle long-term effects are, because the general public in 2026 can easily understand this analogy.
-
-
-
@glyph Waiting for the alt-healthers to declare dimethylmercury the cure for all ills.
@kentenmakto @glyph Mercury was once considered a medicine. Mercury chloride was used as a laxative. It's only a matter of time before alternative medicine starts promoting it as a “natural” remedy.
-
-
Me: I will use "radium water" as an analogy for how horrible AI's potential subtle long-term effects are, because the general public in 2026 can easily understand this analogy.
The general public in 2026: https://futurism.com/future-society/alternative-health-influencer-drinking-radioactive-jug-revigator
@glyph I didn’t think it could get any worse but…
“Roeske seemingly has no medical degree that Futurism could identify. Instead, his main gig appears to be selling capsules of mushroom powder to his more than 500,000 Instagram followers, while promoting woo-woo practices on his podcast, like staring at the Sun to strengthen your eyes.”
-
J jwcph@helvede.net shared this topic
-
@glyph 51% of the voting public voted to defer their choice to the 45% of the voting public who always vote republican who voted to defer their choice to 27% of the voting public who are ideologically extreme republicans who decided to defer their choice to one single man from the television who decided to defer all health and science policy to the 5% of the general, possibly-voting public who believe contrarian and semi-mystical things about nutrition and health
-
Me: I will use "radium water" as an analogy for how horrible AI's potential subtle long-term effects are, because the general public in 2026 can easily understand this analogy.
The general public in 2026: https://futurism.com/future-society/alternative-health-influencer-drinking-radioactive-jug-revigator
@glyph Tja, we ended up in the wrong universe, didn't we? rationality and sense? Out. Hallucinations? In.
-
@glyph I didn’t think it could get any worse but…
“Roeske seemingly has no medical degree that Futurism could identify. Instead, his main gig appears to be selling capsules of mushroom powder to his more than 500,000 Instagram followers, while promoting woo-woo practices on his podcast, like staring at the Sun to strengthen your eyes.”
-
-
Me: I will use "radium water" as an analogy for how horrible AI's potential subtle long-term effects are, because the general public in 2026 can easily understand this analogy.
The general public in 2026: https://futurism.com/future-society/alternative-health-influencer-drinking-radioactive-jug-revigator
@glyph unhealth influencer?
-
Me: I will use "radium water" as an analogy for how horrible AI's potential subtle long-term effects are, because the general public in 2026 can easily understand this analogy.
The general public in 2026: https://futurism.com/future-society/alternative-health-influencer-drinking-radioactive-jug-revigator
@glyph He’ll be so proud when he wins a Darwin Award

