Hey!
-
Hey! I need #Halloween costume ideas incorporating a respirator mask. I'm doing a book signing for three hours and will have to wear my big respirator (Auras do not fit my weird nose).
Yes, there's "hazmat guy", but I want something more clever than that. A variation on that would be fine.
Thoughts?
@colorblindcowboy is it for your book on haunted houses? is there any trade that goes to old houses and deals with stuff, that could need a respirator? ... not exactly hazmat.. but hazmat-adjacent ...Radioactive-ghost hunter?
Idk I'm terrible with costume ideas, but I wanted to say yay on the book signing!
-
@colorblindcowboy is it for your book on haunted houses? is there any trade that goes to old houses and deals with stuff, that could need a respirator? ... not exactly hazmat.. but hazmat-adjacent ...Radioactive-ghost hunter?
Idk I'm terrible with costume ideas, but I wanted to say yay on the book signing!
@marsiposa Awww, that’s kind of you. It is indeed.
Not a bad idea to be thematic, actually. Exterminators and insulation installers woule both wear them.
I could get a plastic suit and attach rats to it. Like they’re getting revenge.
Thank you for the inspiration.
-
Hey! I need #Halloween costume ideas incorporating a respirator mask. I'm doing a book signing for three hours and will have to wear my big respirator (Auras do not fit my weird nose).
Yes, there's "hazmat guy", but I want something more clever than that. A variation on that would be fine.
Thoughts?
@colorblindcowboy the gas mask people from dr who? "Are you my mummy?" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EpreukySEQ creepy AF
-
@marsiposa Awww, that’s kind of you. It is indeed.
Not a bad idea to be thematic, actually. Exterminators and insulation installers woule both wear them.
I could get a plastic suit and attach rats to it. Like they’re getting revenge.
Thank you for the inspiration.
@colorblindcowboy that would be creepy indeed, or a bunch of spiders

Don't forget some sort of badge or clipboard showing you're a very legit pest control company.
-
Hey! I need #Halloween costume ideas incorporating a respirator mask. I'm doing a book signing for three hours and will have to wear my big respirator (Auras do not fit my weird nose).
Yes, there's "hazmat guy", but I want something more clever than that. A variation on that would be fine.
Thoughts?
I think I did OK with my post-apocalyptic shaman costume the other year.
The military surplus goggles (I think the right ski-mask might work too) really ties it together.
Post-apocalypse works. Otherwise I'd go for something Resident Evil'esque.
-
Thank You. I shared my costume from 2023 in their comments.
-
I think I did OK with my post-apocalyptic shaman costume the other year.
The military surplus goggles (I think the right ski-mask might work too) really ties it together.
Post-apocalypse works. Otherwise I'd go for something Resident Evil'esque.
another Halloween I decorated my kid's Flo-Mask by using double-sided tape to adhere sew-on spikes to it. Sort of like in the picture here:
https://mas.to/@fritzoids/112740559875502352 -
@colorblindcowboy that would be creepy indeed, or a bunch of spiders

Don't forget some sort of badge or clipboard showing you're a very legit pest control company.
@marsiposa Yes. Definitely a name badge. Thank you for the ideas.
-
I think I did OK with my post-apocalyptic shaman costume the other year.
The military surplus goggles (I think the right ski-mask might work too) really ties it together.
Post-apocalypse works. Otherwise I'd go for something Resident Evil'esque.
@fritzoids
Bravo! Very well done. -
I think I did OK with my post-apocalyptic shaman costume the other year.
The military surplus goggles (I think the right ski-mask might work too) really ties it together.
Post-apocalypse works. Otherwise I'd go for something Resident Evil'esque.
@fritzoids
Very cool!
@colorblindcowboy -
J jwcph@helvede.net shared this topic