Surprise!
-
@frankrausch I love how you've managed to balance a very distinct icon style, consistent for the whole set, while still making sure the individual glyphs are recognizable & consistent with the most common emoji fonts.
Also great balance between having interesting details at large sizes & while keeping things recognizable at small ones.
The animals are all excellent. I especially like that the polar bear is not just a white version of the brown bear. They have different face shapes!
@AmeliaBR Thank you! Yes, the polar bear has a totally different personality than the brown bear.
-
Surprise! I made an emoji font! 3,684 happy little pictures.
https://frankmoji.comThe last quality check I did for FrankMoji involved my trusty 2014 MacBook Air and a magnifying glass.
️
️ -
The last quality check I did for FrankMoji involved my trusty 2014 MacBook Air and a magnifying glass.
️
️@frankrausch Cool. How do you keep it running secure while connected to the internet?
-
@frankrausch Cool. How do you keep it running secure while connected to the internet?
@doekman Important question!
I put Fedora Silverblue 44 on it.
️️ -
@doekman Important question!
I put Fedora Silverblue 44 on it.
️️@frankrausch Cool! My iMac is going out of support. I only know terminal Debian, but I put it on my to try list!
-
Surprise! I made an emoji font! 3,684 happy little pictures.
https://frankmoji.com@frankrausch wow those are sooo freakin cool!
-
@frankrausch Cool! My iMac is going out of support. I only know terminal Debian, but I put it on my to try list!
@doekman The MacBook Air feels like a brand-new computer! I tried several distros on it including Debian; Fedora was by far the easiest. I only had to install some Broadcom Wi-Fi drivers. Everything else worked instantly.
-
@frankrausch wow those are sooo freakin cool!
@iamrobin Thank you!
-
Surprise! I made an emoji font! 3,684 happy little pictures.
https://frankmoji.com@frankrausch@typo.social@indieweb.social These are great. They remind me of the Pebble OS icons
️ -
Surprise! I made an emoji font! 3,684 happy little pictures.
https://frankmoji.com@frankrausch holy shit
so much work! Looks amazing. -
Surprise! I made an emoji font! 3,684 happy little pictures.
https://frankmoji.com@frankrausch wow this is an epic work, thanks for sharing it with us! The style is awesome, fresh and readable
-
Surprise! I made an emoji font! 3,684 happy little pictures.
https://frankmoji.com@frankrausch these are great—did you intend for all of us to use them in daily correspondence? or do they need to be licensed?
and how do I get my ipad or phone to use them? -
@frankrausch these are great—did you intend for all of us to use them in daily correspondence? or do they need to be licensed?
and how do I get my ipad or phone to use them?@grammasaurus Thanks!
The license is here:
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/You can’t use them on iPad or iPhone because Apple won’t let you.

-
Surprise! I made an emoji font! 3,684 happy little pictures.
https://frankmoji.com@frankrausch Fantastic, love it!
-
Surprise! I made an emoji font! 3,684 happy little pictures.
https://frankmoji.com@frankrausch woah these are so great! I have a feeling I'm going to use them a lot
-
@grammasaurus Thanks!
The license is here:
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/You can’t use them on iPad or iPhone because Apple won’t let you.

@frankrausch rats….I don’t have a different system to use them on
I hope other folks on here can though!
-
Surprise! I made an emoji font! 3,684 happy little pictures.
https://frankmoji.com@frankrausch these are great

-
Surprise! I made an emoji font! 3,684 happy little pictures.
https://frankmoji.com@frankrausch these are absolutely delightful! All the people icons feel so full of personality

-
@frankrausch these are absolutely delightful! All the people icons feel so full of personality

@regal Thank you!
-
S sigmundur@radikal.social shared this topic