There is nothing quite like a woman knowing a lot about a specific topic, technical or not, that triggers small men to then abuse her publicly in the most vile ways.
-
There is nothing quite like a woman knowing a lot about a specific topic, technical or not, that triggers small men to then abuse her publicly in the most vile ways.
Seriously, dudes, do better.
If you can't deal with a woman knowing things, then just shut up.
All the good dudes out there? Shut down the creeps. You can't leave it to us to do it alone.
-
There is nothing quite like a woman knowing a lot about a specific topic, technical or not, that triggers small men to then abuse her publicly in the most vile ways.
Seriously, dudes, do better.
If you can't deal with a woman knowing things, then just shut up.
All the good dudes out there? Shut down the creeps. You can't leave it to us to do it alone.
All the good dudes out there. First, start noticing and hearing.
I remember an incident only last year, when I was in a long conversation with this guy about my art and the various ways I create my art.
My husband was there to help me out. He heard this conversation, and was almost livid with anger about the guy.
"He kept tryng to trick and catch you in something? Why didn't he believe you do what you do?"
To me, it was a minor annoyance
My hubby got a small glimpse into what I deal with
-
All the good dudes out there. First, start noticing and hearing.
I remember an incident only last year, when I was in a long conversation with this guy about my art and the various ways I create my art.
My husband was there to help me out. He heard this conversation, and was almost livid with anger about the guy.
"He kept tryng to trick and catch you in something? Why didn't he believe you do what you do?"
To me, it was a minor annoyance
My hubby got a small glimpse into what I deal with
I would never have felt I could say these things so publicly when I was younger.
Now? I'm so very much fed up and saying some of it.
-
I would never have felt I could say these things so publicly when I was younger.
Now? I'm so very much fed up and saying some of it.
@kristinHenry Thank you.
️ -
There is nothing quite like a woman knowing a lot about a specific topic, technical or not, that triggers small men to then abuse her publicly in the most vile ways.
Seriously, dudes, do better.
If you can't deal with a woman knowing things, then just shut up.
All the good dudes out there? Shut down the creeps. You can't leave it to us to do it alone.
@kristinHenry In university I went with my girlfriend to a section of her philosophy class. She shared her opinion, and no one acknowledge her. Then a male student repeated what she just said. An engaging discussion followed.
It still annoys me to this day
-
There is nothing quite like a woman knowing a lot about a specific topic, technical or not, that triggers small men to then abuse her publicly in the most vile ways.
Seriously, dudes, do better.
If you can't deal with a woman knowing things, then just shut up.
All the good dudes out there? Shut down the creeps. You can't leave it to us to do it alone.
@kristinHenry the women I knew in university who majored in mechanical engineering had this the worst, with project partners assuming they don't know how to use tools, construct things, etc. Meanwhile, I was tutoring for electrical/computer engineering and a majority of tutors were women, and my group projects with female classmates tended to go much better than when it was a group of guys
-
J jwcph@helvede.net shared this topic