Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
  1. Forside
  2. Ikke-kategoriseret
  3. I just lost my job today, so here we go..

I just lost my job today, so here we go..

Planlagt Fastgjort Låst Flyttet Ikke-kategoriseret
getfedihiredunixlinux
28 Indlæg 25 Posters 8 Visninger
  • Ældste til nyeste
  • Nyeste til ældste
  • Most Votes
Svar
  • Svar som emne
Login for at svare
Denne tråd er blevet slettet. Kun brugere med emne behandlings privilegier kan se den.
  • miah@hachyderm.ioM miah@hachyderm.io

    I just lost my job today, so here we go..

    I'm a ~30 years career Sysadmin/DevOps/Server Shepard/Graybeard whatever its called now UNIX nerd.

    Looking for work doing UNIX'y stuff. I mostly do automation, and have avoided working with AI and Kubernetes (though I have a bit of k8s experience at two jobs, I just prefer "the old way")

    Chef, Puppet, Cfengine, Ansible, Shell scripts, etc.

    I've built Linux distributions, and automation tools. Having worked at Redhat, TurboLinux, Penguin Computing, Salesforce, and Chef.

    Built and maintained monitoring systems, checks, and lived the on-call life.

    Built and managed CI systems, and Pipelines.

    I've written and maintained software in Ruby, Python, and Shell. I've dabbled in just about every other programming language you'll find on a UNIX system.

    I have spent a lot of time with *BSD, Solaris, IRIX, and Linux, and to a lesser extent HPUX, and AIX.

    If its sysadmin work on a UNIX, I've likely done it.

    Remote only / West Michigan maybe / not willing to relocate

    #getfedihired #unix #linux

    ashedryden@xoxo.zoneA This user is from outside of this forum
    ashedryden@xoxo.zoneA This user is from outside of this forum
    ashedryden@xoxo.zone
    wrote sidst redigeret af
    #2

    @miah I’m so sorry! 💕 hope you find something quickly

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • miah@hachyderm.ioM miah@hachyderm.io

      I just lost my job today, so here we go..

      I'm a ~30 years career Sysadmin/DevOps/Server Shepard/Graybeard whatever its called now UNIX nerd.

      Looking for work doing UNIX'y stuff. I mostly do automation, and have avoided working with AI and Kubernetes (though I have a bit of k8s experience at two jobs, I just prefer "the old way")

      Chef, Puppet, Cfengine, Ansible, Shell scripts, etc.

      I've built Linux distributions, and automation tools. Having worked at Redhat, TurboLinux, Penguin Computing, Salesforce, and Chef.

      Built and maintained monitoring systems, checks, and lived the on-call life.

      Built and managed CI systems, and Pipelines.

      I've written and maintained software in Ruby, Python, and Shell. I've dabbled in just about every other programming language you'll find on a UNIX system.

      I have spent a lot of time with *BSD, Solaris, IRIX, and Linux, and to a lesser extent HPUX, and AIX.

      If its sysadmin work on a UNIX, I've likely done it.

      Remote only / West Michigan maybe / not willing to relocate

      #getfedihired #unix #linux

      janl@narrativ.esJ This user is from outside of this forum
      janl@narrativ.esJ This user is from outside of this forum
      janl@narrativ.es
      wrote sidst redigeret af
      #3

      @miah fucking hell, I’m sorry.

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • miah@hachyderm.ioM miah@hachyderm.io

        I just lost my job today, so here we go..

        I'm a ~30 years career Sysadmin/DevOps/Server Shepard/Graybeard whatever its called now UNIX nerd.

        Looking for work doing UNIX'y stuff. I mostly do automation, and have avoided working with AI and Kubernetes (though I have a bit of k8s experience at two jobs, I just prefer "the old way")

        Chef, Puppet, Cfengine, Ansible, Shell scripts, etc.

        I've built Linux distributions, and automation tools. Having worked at Redhat, TurboLinux, Penguin Computing, Salesforce, and Chef.

        Built and maintained monitoring systems, checks, and lived the on-call life.

        Built and managed CI systems, and Pipelines.

        I've written and maintained software in Ruby, Python, and Shell. I've dabbled in just about every other programming language you'll find on a UNIX system.

        I have spent a lot of time with *BSD, Solaris, IRIX, and Linux, and to a lesser extent HPUX, and AIX.

        If its sysadmin work on a UNIX, I've likely done it.

        Remote only / West Michigan maybe / not willing to relocate

        #getfedihired #unix #linux

        macacator@mastodon.socialM This user is from outside of this forum
        macacator@mastodon.socialM This user is from outside of this forum
        macacator@mastodon.social
        wrote sidst redigeret af
        #4

        @miah welcome to the club

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • miah@hachyderm.ioM miah@hachyderm.io

          I just lost my job today, so here we go..

          I'm a ~30 years career Sysadmin/DevOps/Server Shepard/Graybeard whatever its called now UNIX nerd.

          Looking for work doing UNIX'y stuff. I mostly do automation, and have avoided working with AI and Kubernetes (though I have a bit of k8s experience at two jobs, I just prefer "the old way")

          Chef, Puppet, Cfengine, Ansible, Shell scripts, etc.

          I've built Linux distributions, and automation tools. Having worked at Redhat, TurboLinux, Penguin Computing, Salesforce, and Chef.

          Built and maintained monitoring systems, checks, and lived the on-call life.

          Built and managed CI systems, and Pipelines.

          I've written and maintained software in Ruby, Python, and Shell. I've dabbled in just about every other programming language you'll find on a UNIX system.

          I have spent a lot of time with *BSD, Solaris, IRIX, and Linux, and to a lesser extent HPUX, and AIX.

          If its sysadmin work on a UNIX, I've likely done it.

          Remote only / West Michigan maybe / not willing to relocate

          #getfedihired #unix #linux

          burningtyger@nrw.socialB This user is from outside of this forum
          burningtyger@nrw.socialB This user is from outside of this forum
          burningtyger@nrw.social
          wrote sidst redigeret af
          #5

          @miah not in Germany I suppose?

          miah@hachyderm.ioM 1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • miah@hachyderm.ioM miah@hachyderm.io

            I just lost my job today, so here we go..

            I'm a ~30 years career Sysadmin/DevOps/Server Shepard/Graybeard whatever its called now UNIX nerd.

            Looking for work doing UNIX'y stuff. I mostly do automation, and have avoided working with AI and Kubernetes (though I have a bit of k8s experience at two jobs, I just prefer "the old way")

            Chef, Puppet, Cfengine, Ansible, Shell scripts, etc.

            I've built Linux distributions, and automation tools. Having worked at Redhat, TurboLinux, Penguin Computing, Salesforce, and Chef.

            Built and maintained monitoring systems, checks, and lived the on-call life.

            Built and managed CI systems, and Pipelines.

            I've written and maintained software in Ruby, Python, and Shell. I've dabbled in just about every other programming language you'll find on a UNIX system.

            I have spent a lot of time with *BSD, Solaris, IRIX, and Linux, and to a lesser extent HPUX, and AIX.

            If its sysadmin work on a UNIX, I've likely done it.

            Remote only / West Michigan maybe / not willing to relocate

            #getfedihired #unix #linux

            pilif@mastodon.socialP This user is from outside of this forum
            pilif@mastodon.socialP This user is from outside of this forum
            pilif@mastodon.social
            wrote sidst redigeret af
            #6

            @miah we are somewhat looking for exactly what you are offering. We’re an e-commerce company in Switzerland and process many, many wholesale food orders.

            It’s very much done the old way because it works and is extremely cost effective. If you like to talk, DM me or drop an email at phofstetter@sensational.ch

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • miah@hachyderm.ioM miah@hachyderm.io

              I just lost my job today, so here we go..

              I'm a ~30 years career Sysadmin/DevOps/Server Shepard/Graybeard whatever its called now UNIX nerd.

              Looking for work doing UNIX'y stuff. I mostly do automation, and have avoided working with AI and Kubernetes (though I have a bit of k8s experience at two jobs, I just prefer "the old way")

              Chef, Puppet, Cfengine, Ansible, Shell scripts, etc.

              I've built Linux distributions, and automation tools. Having worked at Redhat, TurboLinux, Penguin Computing, Salesforce, and Chef.

              Built and maintained monitoring systems, checks, and lived the on-call life.

              Built and managed CI systems, and Pipelines.

              I've written and maintained software in Ruby, Python, and Shell. I've dabbled in just about every other programming language you'll find on a UNIX system.

              I have spent a lot of time with *BSD, Solaris, IRIX, and Linux, and to a lesser extent HPUX, and AIX.

              If its sysadmin work on a UNIX, I've likely done it.

              Remote only / West Michigan maybe / not willing to relocate

              #getfedihired #unix #linux

              tiggy@mastodonapp.ukT This user is from outside of this forum
              tiggy@mastodonapp.ukT This user is from outside of this forum
              tiggy@mastodonapp.uk
              wrote sidst redigeret af
              #7

              @miah

              Are you happy to move anywhere? If not maybe add the country/ area you want?
              I'll boost, but most of my followers are UK or American just a few EU and Australia.

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • miah@hachyderm.ioM miah@hachyderm.io

                I just lost my job today, so here we go..

                I'm a ~30 years career Sysadmin/DevOps/Server Shepard/Graybeard whatever its called now UNIX nerd.

                Looking for work doing UNIX'y stuff. I mostly do automation, and have avoided working with AI and Kubernetes (though I have a bit of k8s experience at two jobs, I just prefer "the old way")

                Chef, Puppet, Cfengine, Ansible, Shell scripts, etc.

                I've built Linux distributions, and automation tools. Having worked at Redhat, TurboLinux, Penguin Computing, Salesforce, and Chef.

                Built and maintained monitoring systems, checks, and lived the on-call life.

                Built and managed CI systems, and Pipelines.

                I've written and maintained software in Ruby, Python, and Shell. I've dabbled in just about every other programming language you'll find on a UNIX system.

                I have spent a lot of time with *BSD, Solaris, IRIX, and Linux, and to a lesser extent HPUX, and AIX.

                If its sysadmin work on a UNIX, I've likely done it.

                Remote only / West Michigan maybe / not willing to relocate

                #getfedihired #unix #linux

                potterybyosa@mastodon.socialP This user is from outside of this forum
                potterybyosa@mastodon.socialP This user is from outside of this forum
                potterybyosa@mastodon.social
                wrote sidst redigeret af
                #8

                @miah I saw someone posting about how ppl should make a greater effort to hire from the fediverse. Boosting and hoping that you find a job asap.

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • burningtyger@nrw.socialB burningtyger@nrw.social

                  @miah not in Germany I suppose?

                  miah@hachyderm.ioM This user is from outside of this forum
                  miah@hachyderm.ioM This user is from outside of this forum
                  miah@hachyderm.io
                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                  #9

                  @burningTyger sorry not willing to relocate

                  D 1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • miah@hachyderm.ioM miah@hachyderm.io

                    I just lost my job today, so here we go..

                    I'm a ~30 years career Sysadmin/DevOps/Server Shepard/Graybeard whatever its called now UNIX nerd.

                    Looking for work doing UNIX'y stuff. I mostly do automation, and have avoided working with AI and Kubernetes (though I have a bit of k8s experience at two jobs, I just prefer "the old way")

                    Chef, Puppet, Cfengine, Ansible, Shell scripts, etc.

                    I've built Linux distributions, and automation tools. Having worked at Redhat, TurboLinux, Penguin Computing, Salesforce, and Chef.

                    Built and maintained monitoring systems, checks, and lived the on-call life.

                    Built and managed CI systems, and Pipelines.

                    I've written and maintained software in Ruby, Python, and Shell. I've dabbled in just about every other programming language you'll find on a UNIX system.

                    I have spent a lot of time with *BSD, Solaris, IRIX, and Linux, and to a lesser extent HPUX, and AIX.

                    If its sysadmin work on a UNIX, I've likely done it.

                    Remote only / West Michigan maybe / not willing to relocate

                    #getfedihired #unix #linux

                    johnb@sfba.socialJ This user is from outside of this forum
                    johnb@sfba.socialJ This user is from outside of this forum
                    johnb@sfba.social
                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                    #10

                    @miah ouch! Sorry to hear. I’ll keep an ear out, not that I know anyone.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • miah@hachyderm.ioM miah@hachyderm.io

                      I just lost my job today, so here we go..

                      I'm a ~30 years career Sysadmin/DevOps/Server Shepard/Graybeard whatever its called now UNIX nerd.

                      Looking for work doing UNIX'y stuff. I mostly do automation, and have avoided working with AI and Kubernetes (though I have a bit of k8s experience at two jobs, I just prefer "the old way")

                      Chef, Puppet, Cfengine, Ansible, Shell scripts, etc.

                      I've built Linux distributions, and automation tools. Having worked at Redhat, TurboLinux, Penguin Computing, Salesforce, and Chef.

                      Built and maintained monitoring systems, checks, and lived the on-call life.

                      Built and managed CI systems, and Pipelines.

                      I've written and maintained software in Ruby, Python, and Shell. I've dabbled in just about every other programming language you'll find on a UNIX system.

                      I have spent a lot of time with *BSD, Solaris, IRIX, and Linux, and to a lesser extent HPUX, and AIX.

                      If its sysadmin work on a UNIX, I've likely done it.

                      Remote only / West Michigan maybe / not willing to relocate

                      #getfedihired #unix #linux

                      beachbum@mastodon.sdf.orgB This user is from outside of this forum
                      beachbum@mastodon.sdf.orgB This user is from outside of this forum
                      beachbum@mastodon.sdf.org
                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                      #11

                      @miah Maybe check for jobs on your vocal university websites.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • miah@hachyderm.ioM miah@hachyderm.io

                        I just lost my job today, so here we go..

                        I'm a ~30 years career Sysadmin/DevOps/Server Shepard/Graybeard whatever its called now UNIX nerd.

                        Looking for work doing UNIX'y stuff. I mostly do automation, and have avoided working with AI and Kubernetes (though I have a bit of k8s experience at two jobs, I just prefer "the old way")

                        Chef, Puppet, Cfengine, Ansible, Shell scripts, etc.

                        I've built Linux distributions, and automation tools. Having worked at Redhat, TurboLinux, Penguin Computing, Salesforce, and Chef.

                        Built and maintained monitoring systems, checks, and lived the on-call life.

                        Built and managed CI systems, and Pipelines.

                        I've written and maintained software in Ruby, Python, and Shell. I've dabbled in just about every other programming language you'll find on a UNIX system.

                        I have spent a lot of time with *BSD, Solaris, IRIX, and Linux, and to a lesser extent HPUX, and AIX.

                        If its sysadmin work on a UNIX, I've likely done it.

                        Remote only / West Michigan maybe / not willing to relocate

                        #getfedihired #unix #linux

                        ai6yr@m.ai6yr.orgA This user is from outside of this forum
                        ai6yr@m.ai6yr.orgA This user is from outside of this forum
                        ai6yr@m.ai6yr.org
                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                        #12

                        @miah 🙏 Good luck on the job hunt!

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • miah@hachyderm.ioM miah@hachyderm.io

                          I just lost my job today, so here we go..

                          I'm a ~30 years career Sysadmin/DevOps/Server Shepard/Graybeard whatever its called now UNIX nerd.

                          Looking for work doing UNIX'y stuff. I mostly do automation, and have avoided working with AI and Kubernetes (though I have a bit of k8s experience at two jobs, I just prefer "the old way")

                          Chef, Puppet, Cfengine, Ansible, Shell scripts, etc.

                          I've built Linux distributions, and automation tools. Having worked at Redhat, TurboLinux, Penguin Computing, Salesforce, and Chef.

                          Built and maintained monitoring systems, checks, and lived the on-call life.

                          Built and managed CI systems, and Pipelines.

                          I've written and maintained software in Ruby, Python, and Shell. I've dabbled in just about every other programming language you'll find on a UNIX system.

                          I have spent a lot of time with *BSD, Solaris, IRIX, and Linux, and to a lesser extent HPUX, and AIX.

                          If its sysadmin work on a UNIX, I've likely done it.

                          Remote only / West Michigan maybe / not willing to relocate

                          #getfedihired #unix #linux

                          elithebearded@fed.qaz.redE This user is from outside of this forum
                          elithebearded@fed.qaz.redE This user is from outside of this forum
                          elithebearded@fed.qaz.red
                          wrote sidst redigeret af
                          #13

                          @miah

                          Dang, sorry

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • miah@hachyderm.ioM miah@hachyderm.io

                            I just lost my job today, so here we go..

                            I'm a ~30 years career Sysadmin/DevOps/Server Shepard/Graybeard whatever its called now UNIX nerd.

                            Looking for work doing UNIX'y stuff. I mostly do automation, and have avoided working with AI and Kubernetes (though I have a bit of k8s experience at two jobs, I just prefer "the old way")

                            Chef, Puppet, Cfengine, Ansible, Shell scripts, etc.

                            I've built Linux distributions, and automation tools. Having worked at Redhat, TurboLinux, Penguin Computing, Salesforce, and Chef.

                            Built and maintained monitoring systems, checks, and lived the on-call life.

                            Built and managed CI systems, and Pipelines.

                            I've written and maintained software in Ruby, Python, and Shell. I've dabbled in just about every other programming language you'll find on a UNIX system.

                            I have spent a lot of time with *BSD, Solaris, IRIX, and Linux, and to a lesser extent HPUX, and AIX.

                            If its sysadmin work on a UNIX, I've likely done it.

                            Remote only / West Michigan maybe / not willing to relocate

                            #getfedihired #unix #linux

                            annehargreaves@ioc.exchangeA This user is from outside of this forum
                            annehargreaves@ioc.exchangeA This user is from outside of this forum
                            annehargreaves@ioc.exchange
                            wrote sidst redigeret af
                            #14

                            @miah Sorry to hear. Good luck jobhunting. #getfedihired

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            0
                            • miah@hachyderm.ioM miah@hachyderm.io

                              I just lost my job today, so here we go..

                              I'm a ~30 years career Sysadmin/DevOps/Server Shepard/Graybeard whatever its called now UNIX nerd.

                              Looking for work doing UNIX'y stuff. I mostly do automation, and have avoided working with AI and Kubernetes (though I have a bit of k8s experience at two jobs, I just prefer "the old way")

                              Chef, Puppet, Cfengine, Ansible, Shell scripts, etc.

                              I've built Linux distributions, and automation tools. Having worked at Redhat, TurboLinux, Penguin Computing, Salesforce, and Chef.

                              Built and maintained monitoring systems, checks, and lived the on-call life.

                              Built and managed CI systems, and Pipelines.

                              I've written and maintained software in Ruby, Python, and Shell. I've dabbled in just about every other programming language you'll find on a UNIX system.

                              I have spent a lot of time with *BSD, Solaris, IRIX, and Linux, and to a lesser extent HPUX, and AIX.

                              If its sysadmin work on a UNIX, I've likely done it.

                              Remote only / West Michigan maybe / not willing to relocate

                              #getfedihired #unix #linux

                              hobo_ahoi@mastodon.socialH This user is from outside of this forum
                              hobo_ahoi@mastodon.socialH This user is from outside of this forum
                              hobo_ahoi@mastodon.social
                              wrote sidst redigeret af
                              #15

                              @miah Good luck 🍀

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              0
                              • miah@hachyderm.ioM miah@hachyderm.io

                                I just lost my job today, so here we go..

                                I'm a ~30 years career Sysadmin/DevOps/Server Shepard/Graybeard whatever its called now UNIX nerd.

                                Looking for work doing UNIX'y stuff. I mostly do automation, and have avoided working with AI and Kubernetes (though I have a bit of k8s experience at two jobs, I just prefer "the old way")

                                Chef, Puppet, Cfengine, Ansible, Shell scripts, etc.

                                I've built Linux distributions, and automation tools. Having worked at Redhat, TurboLinux, Penguin Computing, Salesforce, and Chef.

                                Built and maintained monitoring systems, checks, and lived the on-call life.

                                Built and managed CI systems, and Pipelines.

                                I've written and maintained software in Ruby, Python, and Shell. I've dabbled in just about every other programming language you'll find on a UNIX system.

                                I have spent a lot of time with *BSD, Solaris, IRIX, and Linux, and to a lesser extent HPUX, and AIX.

                                If its sysadmin work on a UNIX, I've likely done it.

                                Remote only / West Michigan maybe / not willing to relocate

                                #getfedihired #unix #linux

                                pixelpusher220@dmv.communityP This user is from outside of this forum
                                pixelpusher220@dmv.communityP This user is from outside of this forum
                                pixelpusher220@dmv.community
                                wrote sidst redigeret af
                                #16

                                @miah is "~30" years old or years exp?

                                b/c for 30 years exp you look FANTASTIC (and still darned good for 30 years old)

                                and packing that resume into 30 years old is impressive!

                                Hope your search is short and fruitful!

                                miah@hachyderm.ioM 1 Reply Last reply
                                0
                                • miah@hachyderm.ioM miah@hachyderm.io

                                  I just lost my job today, so here we go..

                                  I'm a ~30 years career Sysadmin/DevOps/Server Shepard/Graybeard whatever its called now UNIX nerd.

                                  Looking for work doing UNIX'y stuff. I mostly do automation, and have avoided working with AI and Kubernetes (though I have a bit of k8s experience at two jobs, I just prefer "the old way")

                                  Chef, Puppet, Cfengine, Ansible, Shell scripts, etc.

                                  I've built Linux distributions, and automation tools. Having worked at Redhat, TurboLinux, Penguin Computing, Salesforce, and Chef.

                                  Built and maintained monitoring systems, checks, and lived the on-call life.

                                  Built and managed CI systems, and Pipelines.

                                  I've written and maintained software in Ruby, Python, and Shell. I've dabbled in just about every other programming language you'll find on a UNIX system.

                                  I have spent a lot of time with *BSD, Solaris, IRIX, and Linux, and to a lesser extent HPUX, and AIX.

                                  If its sysadmin work on a UNIX, I've likely done it.

                                  Remote only / West Michigan maybe / not willing to relocate

                                  #getfedihired #unix #linux

                                  withinity@mastodon.gamedev.placeW This user is from outside of this forum
                                  withinity@mastodon.gamedev.placeW This user is from outside of this forum
                                  withinity@mastodon.gamedev.place
                                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                                  #17

                                  @miah No matter what happens stay strong!

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  0
                                  • pixelpusher220@dmv.communityP pixelpusher220@dmv.community

                                    @miah is "~30" years old or years exp?

                                    b/c for 30 years exp you look FANTASTIC (and still darned good for 30 years old)

                                    and packing that resume into 30 years old is impressive!

                                    Hope your search is short and fruitful!

                                    miah@hachyderm.ioM This user is from outside of this forum
                                    miah@hachyderm.ioM This user is from outside of this forum
                                    miah@hachyderm.io
                                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                                    #18

                                    @pixelpusher220 I'm nearing 50, started my tech career in '97.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    0
                                    • miah@hachyderm.ioM miah@hachyderm.io

                                      I just lost my job today, so here we go..

                                      I'm a ~30 years career Sysadmin/DevOps/Server Shepard/Graybeard whatever its called now UNIX nerd.

                                      Looking for work doing UNIX'y stuff. I mostly do automation, and have avoided working with AI and Kubernetes (though I have a bit of k8s experience at two jobs, I just prefer "the old way")

                                      Chef, Puppet, Cfengine, Ansible, Shell scripts, etc.

                                      I've built Linux distributions, and automation tools. Having worked at Redhat, TurboLinux, Penguin Computing, Salesforce, and Chef.

                                      Built and maintained monitoring systems, checks, and lived the on-call life.

                                      Built and managed CI systems, and Pipelines.

                                      I've written and maintained software in Ruby, Python, and Shell. I've dabbled in just about every other programming language you'll find on a UNIX system.

                                      I have spent a lot of time with *BSD, Solaris, IRIX, and Linux, and to a lesser extent HPUX, and AIX.

                                      If its sysadmin work on a UNIX, I've likely done it.

                                      Remote only / West Michigan maybe / not willing to relocate

                                      #getfedihired #unix #linux

                                      violenteastcoastcity@mastodon.socialV This user is from outside of this forum
                                      violenteastcoastcity@mastodon.socialV This user is from outside of this forum
                                      violenteastcoastcity@mastodon.social
                                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                                      #19

                                      @miah Sorry to hear this. Do you have a resume? Our company contracts to Raytheon for NASA.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      0
                                      • miah@hachyderm.ioM miah@hachyderm.io

                                        I just lost my job today, so here we go..

                                        I'm a ~30 years career Sysadmin/DevOps/Server Shepard/Graybeard whatever its called now UNIX nerd.

                                        Looking for work doing UNIX'y stuff. I mostly do automation, and have avoided working with AI and Kubernetes (though I have a bit of k8s experience at two jobs, I just prefer "the old way")

                                        Chef, Puppet, Cfengine, Ansible, Shell scripts, etc.

                                        I've built Linux distributions, and automation tools. Having worked at Redhat, TurboLinux, Penguin Computing, Salesforce, and Chef.

                                        Built and maintained monitoring systems, checks, and lived the on-call life.

                                        Built and managed CI systems, and Pipelines.

                                        I've written and maintained software in Ruby, Python, and Shell. I've dabbled in just about every other programming language you'll find on a UNIX system.

                                        I have spent a lot of time with *BSD, Solaris, IRIX, and Linux, and to a lesser extent HPUX, and AIX.

                                        If its sysadmin work on a UNIX, I've likely done it.

                                        Remote only / West Michigan maybe / not willing to relocate

                                        #getfedihired #unix #linux

                                        amgine@mamot.frA This user is from outside of this forum
                                        amgine@mamot.frA This user is from outside of this forum
                                        amgine@mamot.fr
                                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                                        #20

                                        @miah

                                        Sorry to hear. Wishing bests.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        0
                                        • miah@hachyderm.ioM miah@hachyderm.io

                                          @burningTyger sorry not willing to relocate

                                          D This user is from outside of this forum
                                          D This user is from outside of this forum
                                          drchaos@sauropods.win
                                          wrote sidst redigeret af
                                          #21

                                          @miah @burningTyger I understand (pity!)

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          0
                                          Svar
                                          • Svar som emne
                                          Login for at svare
                                          • Ældste til nyeste
                                          • Nyeste til ældste
                                          • Most Votes


                                          • Log ind

                                          • Login or register to search.
                                          Powered by NodeBB Contributors
                                          Graciously hosted by data.coop
                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Hjem
                                          • Seneste
                                          • Etiketter
                                          • Populære
                                          • Verden
                                          • Bruger
                                          • Grupper