Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
  1. Forside
  2. Ikke-kategoriseret
  3. I just lost my job today, so here we go..

I just lost my job today, so here we go..

Planlagt Fastgjort Låst Flyttet Ikke-kategoriseret
getfedihiredunixlinux
28 Indlæg 25 Posters 8 Visninger
  • Ældste til nyeste
  • Nyeste til ældste
  • Most Votes
Svar
  • Svar som emne
Login for at svare
Denne tråd er blevet slettet. Kun brugere med emne behandlings privilegier kan se den.
  • miah@hachyderm.ioM miah@hachyderm.io

    @burningTyger sorry not willing to relocate

    D This user is from outside of this forum
    D This user is from outside of this forum
    drchaos@sauropods.win
    wrote sidst redigeret af
    #21

    @miah @burningTyger I understand (pity!)

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • miah@hachyderm.ioM miah@hachyderm.io

      I just lost my job today, so here we go..

      I'm a ~30 years career Sysadmin/DevOps/Server Shepard/Graybeard whatever its called now UNIX nerd.

      Looking for work doing UNIX'y stuff. I mostly do automation, and have avoided working with AI and Kubernetes (though I have a bit of k8s experience at two jobs, I just prefer "the old way")

      Chef, Puppet, Cfengine, Ansible, Shell scripts, etc.

      I've built Linux distributions, and automation tools. Having worked at Redhat, TurboLinux, Penguin Computing, Salesforce, and Chef.

      Built and maintained monitoring systems, checks, and lived the on-call life.

      Built and managed CI systems, and Pipelines.

      I've written and maintained software in Ruby, Python, and Shell. I've dabbled in just about every other programming language you'll find on a UNIX system.

      I have spent a lot of time with *BSD, Solaris, IRIX, and Linux, and to a lesser extent HPUX, and AIX.

      If its sysadmin work on a UNIX, I've likely done it.

      Remote only / West Michigan maybe / not willing to relocate

      #getfedihired #unix #linux

      dianea@lgbtqia.spaceD This user is from outside of this forum
      dianea@lgbtqia.spaceD This user is from outside of this forum
      dianea@lgbtqia.space
      wrote sidst redigeret af
      #22

      @miah

      Wishing you a most speedy lead to a greatly enjoyable interview where everyone looks forward to the future with a plan 😺

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • miah@hachyderm.ioM miah@hachyderm.io

        I just lost my job today, so here we go..

        I'm a ~30 years career Sysadmin/DevOps/Server Shepard/Graybeard whatever its called now UNIX nerd.

        Looking for work doing UNIX'y stuff. I mostly do automation, and have avoided working with AI and Kubernetes (though I have a bit of k8s experience at two jobs, I just prefer "the old way")

        Chef, Puppet, Cfengine, Ansible, Shell scripts, etc.

        I've built Linux distributions, and automation tools. Having worked at Redhat, TurboLinux, Penguin Computing, Salesforce, and Chef.

        Built and maintained monitoring systems, checks, and lived the on-call life.

        Built and managed CI systems, and Pipelines.

        I've written and maintained software in Ruby, Python, and Shell. I've dabbled in just about every other programming language you'll find on a UNIX system.

        I have spent a lot of time with *BSD, Solaris, IRIX, and Linux, and to a lesser extent HPUX, and AIX.

        If its sysadmin work on a UNIX, I've likely done it.

        Remote only / West Michigan maybe / not willing to relocate

        #getfedihired #unix #linux

        wbpeckham@techhub.socialW This user is from outside of this forum
        wbpeckham@techhub.socialW This user is from outside of this forum
        wbpeckham@techhub.social
        wrote sidst redigeret af
        #23

        @miah West Michigan Upper Peninsula or West Michigan Lower Peninsula?
        Just curious, because I am originally from Michigan. Boosted and wishing you luck!

        miah@hachyderm.ioM 1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • wbpeckham@techhub.socialW wbpeckham@techhub.social

          @miah West Michigan Upper Peninsula or West Michigan Lower Peninsula?
          Just curious, because I am originally from Michigan. Boosted and wishing you luck!

          miah@hachyderm.ioM This user is from outside of this forum
          miah@hachyderm.ioM This user is from outside of this forum
          miah@hachyderm.io
          wrote sidst redigeret af
          #24

          @wbpeckham lower peninsula. Muskegon area. Lots of trees and beach life around here.

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • miah@hachyderm.ioM miah@hachyderm.io

            I just lost my job today, so here we go..

            I'm a ~30 years career Sysadmin/DevOps/Server Shepard/Graybeard whatever its called now UNIX nerd.

            Looking for work doing UNIX'y stuff. I mostly do automation, and have avoided working with AI and Kubernetes (though I have a bit of k8s experience at two jobs, I just prefer "the old way")

            Chef, Puppet, Cfengine, Ansible, Shell scripts, etc.

            I've built Linux distributions, and automation tools. Having worked at Redhat, TurboLinux, Penguin Computing, Salesforce, and Chef.

            Built and maintained monitoring systems, checks, and lived the on-call life.

            Built and managed CI systems, and Pipelines.

            I've written and maintained software in Ruby, Python, and Shell. I've dabbled in just about every other programming language you'll find on a UNIX system.

            I have spent a lot of time with *BSD, Solaris, IRIX, and Linux, and to a lesser extent HPUX, and AIX.

            If its sysadmin work on a UNIX, I've likely done it.

            Remote only / West Michigan maybe / not willing to relocate

            #getfedihired #unix #linux

            tankgrrl@hachyderm.ioT This user is from outside of this forum
            tankgrrl@hachyderm.ioT This user is from outside of this forum
            tankgrrl@hachyderm.io
            wrote sidst redigeret af
            #25

            @miah you're out of geo location for us, not that we have anything open right now, but I will absolutely let you know of any opportunities I see.

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • miah@hachyderm.ioM miah@hachyderm.io

              I just lost my job today, so here we go..

              I'm a ~30 years career Sysadmin/DevOps/Server Shepard/Graybeard whatever its called now UNIX nerd.

              Looking for work doing UNIX'y stuff. I mostly do automation, and have avoided working with AI and Kubernetes (though I have a bit of k8s experience at two jobs, I just prefer "the old way")

              Chef, Puppet, Cfengine, Ansible, Shell scripts, etc.

              I've built Linux distributions, and automation tools. Having worked at Redhat, TurboLinux, Penguin Computing, Salesforce, and Chef.

              Built and maintained monitoring systems, checks, and lived the on-call life.

              Built and managed CI systems, and Pipelines.

              I've written and maintained software in Ruby, Python, and Shell. I've dabbled in just about every other programming language you'll find on a UNIX system.

              I have spent a lot of time with *BSD, Solaris, IRIX, and Linux, and to a lesser extent HPUX, and AIX.

              If its sysadmin work on a UNIX, I've likely done it.

              Remote only / West Michigan maybe / not willing to relocate

              #getfedihired #unix #linux

              chelsea486mhz@infosec.exchangeC This user is from outside of this forum
              chelsea486mhz@infosec.exchangeC This user is from outside of this forum
              chelsea486mhz@infosec.exchange
              wrote sidst redigeret af
              #26

              @miah I might have something for you. Full remote. It's kube stuff only though...

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • miah@hachyderm.ioM miah@hachyderm.io

                I just lost my job today, so here we go..

                I'm a ~30 years career Sysadmin/DevOps/Server Shepard/Graybeard whatever its called now UNIX nerd.

                Looking for work doing UNIX'y stuff. I mostly do automation, and have avoided working with AI and Kubernetes (though I have a bit of k8s experience at two jobs, I just prefer "the old way")

                Chef, Puppet, Cfengine, Ansible, Shell scripts, etc.

                I've built Linux distributions, and automation tools. Having worked at Redhat, TurboLinux, Penguin Computing, Salesforce, and Chef.

                Built and maintained monitoring systems, checks, and lived the on-call life.

                Built and managed CI systems, and Pipelines.

                I've written and maintained software in Ruby, Python, and Shell. I've dabbled in just about every other programming language you'll find on a UNIX system.

                I have spent a lot of time with *BSD, Solaris, IRIX, and Linux, and to a lesser extent HPUX, and AIX.

                If its sysadmin work on a UNIX, I've likely done it.

                Remote only / West Michigan maybe / not willing to relocate

                #getfedihired #unix #linux

                bro666@social.tchncs.deB This user is from outside of this forum
                bro666@social.tchncs.deB This user is from outside of this forum
                bro666@social.tchncs.de
                wrote sidst redigeret af
                #27

                @miah

                https://floss.social/@kde/117274384022081938

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • miah@hachyderm.ioM miah@hachyderm.io

                  I just lost my job today, so here we go..

                  I'm a ~30 years career Sysadmin/DevOps/Server Shepard/Graybeard whatever its called now UNIX nerd.

                  Looking for work doing UNIX'y stuff. I mostly do automation, and have avoided working with AI and Kubernetes (though I have a bit of k8s experience at two jobs, I just prefer "the old way")

                  Chef, Puppet, Cfengine, Ansible, Shell scripts, etc.

                  I've built Linux distributions, and automation tools. Having worked at Redhat, TurboLinux, Penguin Computing, Salesforce, and Chef.

                  Built and maintained monitoring systems, checks, and lived the on-call life.

                  Built and managed CI systems, and Pipelines.

                  I've written and maintained software in Ruby, Python, and Shell. I've dabbled in just about every other programming language you'll find on a UNIX system.

                  I have spent a lot of time with *BSD, Solaris, IRIX, and Linux, and to a lesser extent HPUX, and AIX.

                  If its sysadmin work on a UNIX, I've likely done it.

                  Remote only / West Michigan maybe / not willing to relocate

                  #getfedihired #unix #linux

                  johnlogic@sfba.socialJ This user is from outside of this forum
                  johnlogic@sfba.socialJ This user is from outside of this forum
                  johnlogic@sfba.social
                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                  #28

                  @miah

                  I'm sorry to hear that.

                  This year I have had good luck job hunting with https://hiring.cafe .

                  I hope you do too.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • jwcph@helvede.netJ jwcph@helvede.net shared this topic
                  Svar
                  • Svar som emne
                  Login for at svare
                  • Ældste til nyeste
                  • Nyeste til ældste
                  • Most Votes


                  • Log ind

                  • Login or register to search.
                  Powered by NodeBB Contributors
                  Graciously hosted by data.coop
                  • First post
                    Last post
                  0
                  • Hjem
                  • Seneste
                  • Etiketter
                  • Populære
                  • Verden
                  • Bruger
                  • Grupper