Microsoft can't afford to proofread the slide decks for their HIGH PROFILE PUBLIC PRESENTATIONS by the CEO any more.
-
@cstross Missing the main point too - wgaff how many ports a laptop has? Give me 2 or 3 USB-C ports and I have everything I could ever need. Do Microsot (sic) still think it's the 90s?
/me looks at actual use cases:
two laptops: not plugged into anything except power, regularly.
one laptop: plugged into keyboard, mouse, external USB microphone, DAC, network, two monitors, power and an external disk.
If you don't have enough ports, you lock yourself out of possibilities.
Though I wasn't going to buy a machine from Microsoft anyway.
-
@cstross also, to beat a dead horse:
(The)
Most ports
_ever on a Surace Laptop_and then directly underneath that there’s a giant image of the side of the laptop that has noticeably fewer ports, and the side with more ports (still fewer than a thinkpad but whatever, I realize they think they’re going after Apple) is in shadow and framed so you see much less of it
@cstross what I’m saying is it belongs in a museum
-
@cstross 3 entirely different font styles, and it looks like they don’t line up on the left margin or have sensible line width between them
maybe that’s minor compared with the obvious but this slide keeps getting worse every time I see it
-
Microsoft can't afford to proofread the slide decks for their HIGH PROFILE PUBLIC PRESENTATIONS by the CEO any more.
It's true, relying on AI *really does* rot the brain.
@cstross Huh, I actually _just_ noticed the mistake. Explains why I’ve been pronouncing it “sura-che” all week.
-
@cstross what I’m saying is it belongs in a museum
-
Microsoft can't afford to proofread the slide decks for their HIGH PROFILE PUBLIC PRESENTATIONS by the CEO any more.
It's true, relying on AI *really does* rot the brain.
Unites States
-
Microsoft can't afford to proofread the slide decks for their HIGH PROFILE PUBLIC PRESENTATIONS by the CEO any more.
It's true, relying on AI *really does* rot the brain.
@cstross lol. but also... there don't look that many ports. is that really the most ports ever on a surface?
-
@cstross also, to beat a dead horse:
(The)
Most ports
_ever on a Surace Laptop_and then directly underneath that there’s a giant image of the side of the laptop that has noticeably fewer ports, and the side with more ports (still fewer than a thinkpad but whatever, I realize they think they’re going after Apple) is in shadow and framed so you see much less of it
@zzt it doesn't even look like the lid edge is flush with the body
-
Microsoft can't afford to proofread the slide decks for their HIGH PROFILE PUBLIC PRESENTATIONS by the CEO any more.
It's true, relying on AI *really does* rot the brain.
@cstross well, they got 7 out of 8 words right...
-
@davidgerard @zzt @cstross Might be easier to just have a museum of success. Like this:
-
J jwcph@helvede.net shared this topic