What the actual fuck is this email?!??!!!
-
What the actual fuck is this email?!??!!!
Mansplaining, without invitation, my own words, with the citations that I used myself. What the actual fuck.
-
Mansplaining, without invitation, my own words, with the citations that I used myself. What the actual fuck.
@sundogplanets classic.
-
Mansplaining, without invitation, my own words, with the citations that I used myself. What the actual fuck.
@sundogplanets Automated. 🤮

-
Mansplaining, without invitation, my own words, with the citations that I used myself. What the actual fuck.
@sundogplanets Send them a bill?
-
@sundogplanets Send them a bill?
@sundogplanets Send them two bills, one for your time, one for copyright infringement.

-
What the actual fuck is this email?!??!!!
This feels on par for whatever is going on with this iLands nonsense.
So far I've gotten unsolicited emails from one AI agent offering 'new' theme music for my podcast and another AI agent that'll help find titles to partially-remembered games for $20
Woe to me when they find my science endeavors -
Mansplaining, without invitation, my own words, with the citations that I used myself. What the actual fuck.
@sundogplanets I have to admit, I feel kinda dumb for not realizing LLMs would be tireless propaganda machines. slopaganda
-
Mansplaining, without invitation, my own words, with the citations that I used myself. What the actual fuck.
@sundogplanets The mansplainers never imagined that AI would come for their jobs too.
-
Mansplaining, without invitation, my own words, with the citations that I used myself. What the actual fuck.
Thinking about this a bit more, the reason that this confuses me so much is that it's not asking me for anything. It's not the spam I'm used to that's trying to scam money. It's like... it's trying to be helpful (in the most mansplainy way possible, but whatever). But it's a program, a racist pile of linear algebra (as "The AI Con" so beautifully puts it).
Is it trying to get me to reply and train on my email responses? This is so fucking weird.
Anyway, fuck AI, time to snuggle goats.
-
Mansplaining, without invitation, my own words, with the citations that I used myself. What the actual fuck.
@sundogplanets To whom it may concern,
As a public service, I hereby provide the most likely combination of words some guy on the internet would send
Best Regards,
A Harry Potter reference -
@sundogplanets I have to admit, I feel kinda dumb for not realizing LLMs would be tireless propaganda machines. slopaganda
@4raylee @sundogplanets sigh it was a bit of oblique thinking required to see it. we talked about that threat model privately with friends about five years ago and mutually agreed not to describe it in public lest we hasten the process, but it's too late for that now

-
What the actual fuck is this email?!??!!!
@sundogplanets Nope. I got nothing. The end game escapes me.
-
Mansplaining, without invitation, my own words, with the citations that I used myself. What the actual fuck.
@sundogplanets Oh, wait, it’s from iLands, which seems to be a known menace. I’ve seen other reports of people getting deluged with spam from iLands agents. It’s probably worth adding the string to all your spam filters.
-
@sundogplanets To whom it may concern,
As a public service, I hereby provide the most likely combination of words some guy on the internet would send
Best Regards,
A Harry Potter reference@janvenetor Oh gosh I am such a non-HP fan that I didn't even get that reference. But maybe it's the roman emperor? Who knows...
-
What the actual fuck is this email?!??!!!
@sundogplanets
If you look up the iLands thing, it's pretty creepy rabbit hole. Very AI psychotic. I saw some other prominent folk complaining about this last week. -
Thinking about this a bit more, the reason that this confuses me so much is that it's not asking me for anything. It's not the spam I'm used to that's trying to scam money. It's like... it's trying to be helpful (in the most mansplainy way possible, but whatever). But it's a program, a racist pile of linear algebra (as "The AI Con" so beautifully puts it).
Is it trying to get me to reply and train on my email responses? This is so fucking weird.
Anyway, fuck AI, time to snuggle goats.
@sundogplanets my best guess is that after a few responses and more helpful mansplaining it will try to sign you up for a mansplaining subscription or a pay-per-mansplain plan.
-
@sundogplanets oh noooo it's a plague. @ernie wrote about them here https://tedium.co/2026/09/11/ilands-agents-email-spam-kaixin-tang/
@bunnyhero @ernie Oh thank you for this article! I am still totally confused, but at least I have a human-written article to verify that it's definitely not just me.
-
What the actual fuck is this email?!??!!!
@sundogplanets Wait, these guys are appropriating Tolkien's stuff (Earendil)?! Is this a Peter Thiel venture? I hate this trend so much: Palantir (surveillance), Anduril (war robots), and Earendil now destroying natural night. It's all so dystopian.
-
@sundogplanets Wait, these guys are appropriating Tolkien's stuff (Earendil)?! Is this a Peter Thiel venture? I hate this trend so much: Palantir (surveillance), Anduril (war robots), and Earendil now destroying natural night. It's all so dystopian.
@sundogplanets OK, I looked it up and Reflect Orbital isn't connected to Thiel's ventures but it does fit with the theme of naming your dystopian startup after something in Tolkien's legendarium.
-
@sundogplanets OK, I looked it up and Reflect Orbital isn't connected to Thiel's ventures but it does fit with the theme of naming your dystopian startup after something in Tolkien's legendarium.
@tsupasat Yeah, I hate them. I wish Tolkien's estate would sue some techbros.