Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
  1. Forside
  2. Ikke-kategoriseret
  3. What the actual fuck is this email?!??!!!

What the actual fuck is this email?!??!!!

Planlagt Fastgjort Låst Flyttet Ikke-kategoriseret
110 Indlæg 81 Posters 0 Visninger
  • Ældste til nyeste
  • Nyeste til ældste
  • Most Votes
Svar
  • Svar som emne
Login for at svare
Denne tråd er blevet slettet. Kun brugere med emne behandlings privilegier kan se den.
  • sundogplanets@mastodon.socialS sundogplanets@mastodon.social

    Mansplaining, without invitation, my own words, with the citations that I used myself. What the actual fuck.

    angusm@mastodon.socialA This user is from outside of this forum
    angusm@mastodon.socialA This user is from outside of this forum
    angusm@mastodon.social
    wrote sidst redigeret af
    #16

    @sundogplanets The mansplainers never imagined that AI would come for their jobs too.

    bransonturner@mastodon.socialB irenerd@col.socialI davidtheeviloverlord@mastodon.socialD 3 Replies Last reply
    0
    • sundogplanets@mastodon.socialS sundogplanets@mastodon.social

      Mansplaining, without invitation, my own words, with the citations that I used myself. What the actual fuck.

      sundogplanets@mastodon.socialS This user is from outside of this forum
      sundogplanets@mastodon.socialS This user is from outside of this forum
      sundogplanets@mastodon.social
      wrote sidst redigeret af
      #17

      Thinking about this a bit more, the reason that this confuses me so much is that it's not asking me for anything. It's not the spam I'm used to that's trying to scam money. It's like... it's trying to be helpful (in the most mansplainy way possible, but whatever). But it's a program, a racist pile of linear algebra (as "The AI Con" so beautifully puts it).

      Is it trying to get me to reply and train on my email responses? This is so fucking weird.

      Anyway, fuck AI, time to snuggle goats.

      carstenfranke@mastodon.socialC ghostonthehalfshell@masto.aiG S britt@mstdn.gamesB jackemled@furry.engineerJ 9 Replies Last reply
      0
      • sundogplanets@mastodon.socialS sundogplanets@mastodon.social

        Mansplaining, without invitation, my own words, with the citations that I used myself. What the actual fuck.

        janvenetor@mastodontti.fiJ This user is from outside of this forum
        janvenetor@mastodontti.fiJ This user is from outside of this forum
        janvenetor@mastodontti.fi
        wrote sidst redigeret af
        #18

        @sundogplanets To whom it may concern,

        As a public service, I hereby provide the most likely combination of words some guy on the internet would send

        Best Regards,
        A Harry Potter reference

        sundogplanets@mastodon.socialS 1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • 4raylee@mathstodon.xyz4 4raylee@mathstodon.xyz

          @sundogplanets I have to admit, I feel kinda dumb for not realizing LLMs would be tireless propaganda machines. slopaganda

          ireneista@adhd.irenes.spaceI This user is from outside of this forum
          ireneista@adhd.irenes.spaceI This user is from outside of this forum
          ireneista@adhd.irenes.space
          wrote sidst redigeret af
          #19

          @4raylee @sundogplanets sigh it was a bit of oblique thinking required to see it. we talked about that threat model privately with friends about five years ago and mutually agreed not to describe it in public lest we hasten the process, but it's too late for that now 😕

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • sundogplanets@mastodon.socialS sundogplanets@mastodon.social

            What the actual fuck is this email?!??!!!

            microplastics101@mstdn.socialM This user is from outside of this forum
            microplastics101@mstdn.socialM This user is from outside of this forum
            microplastics101@mstdn.social
            wrote sidst redigeret af
            #20

            @sundogplanets Nope. I got nothing. The end game escapes me.

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • sundogplanets@mastodon.socialS sundogplanets@mastodon.social

              Mansplaining, without invitation, my own words, with the citations that I used myself. What the actual fuck.

              angusm@mastodon.socialA This user is from outside of this forum
              angusm@mastodon.socialA This user is from outside of this forum
              angusm@mastodon.social
              wrote sidst redigeret af
              #21

              @sundogplanets Oh, wait, it’s from iLands, which seems to be a known menace. I’ve seen other reports of people getting deluged with spam from iLands agents. It’s probably worth adding the string to all your spam filters.

              nxskok@cupoftea.socialN 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • janvenetor@mastodontti.fiJ janvenetor@mastodontti.fi

                @sundogplanets To whom it may concern,

                As a public service, I hereby provide the most likely combination of words some guy on the internet would send

                Best Regards,
                A Harry Potter reference

                sundogplanets@mastodon.socialS This user is from outside of this forum
                sundogplanets@mastodon.socialS This user is from outside of this forum
                sundogplanets@mastodon.social
                wrote sidst redigeret af
                #22

                @janvenetor Oh gosh I am such a non-HP fan that I didn't even get that reference. But maybe it's the roman emperor? Who knows...

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • sundogplanets@mastodon.socialS sundogplanets@mastodon.social

                  What the actual fuck is this email?!??!!!

                  terryhancock@realsocial.lifeT This user is from outside of this forum
                  terryhancock@realsocial.lifeT This user is from outside of this forum
                  terryhancock@realsocial.life
                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                  #23

                  @sundogplanets
                  If you look up the iLands thing, it's pretty creepy rabbit hole. Very AI psychotic. I saw some other prominent folk complaining about this last week.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • sundogplanets@mastodon.socialS sundogplanets@mastodon.social

                    Thinking about this a bit more, the reason that this confuses me so much is that it's not asking me for anything. It's not the spam I'm used to that's trying to scam money. It's like... it's trying to be helpful (in the most mansplainy way possible, but whatever). But it's a program, a racist pile of linear algebra (as "The AI Con" so beautifully puts it).

                    Is it trying to get me to reply and train on my email responses? This is so fucking weird.

                    Anyway, fuck AI, time to snuggle goats.

                    carstenfranke@mastodon.socialC This user is from outside of this forum
                    carstenfranke@mastodon.socialC This user is from outside of this forum
                    carstenfranke@mastodon.social
                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                    #24

                    @sundogplanets my best guess is that after a few responses and more helpful mansplaining it will try to sign you up for a mansplaining subscription or a pay-per-mansplain plan.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • bunnyhero@timeloop.cafeB bunnyhero@timeloop.cafe

                      @sundogplanets oh noooo it's a plague. @ernie wrote about them here https://tedium.co/2026/09/11/ilands-agents-email-spam-kaixin-tang/

                      sundogplanets@mastodon.socialS This user is from outside of this forum
                      sundogplanets@mastodon.socialS This user is from outside of this forum
                      sundogplanets@mastodon.social
                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                      #25

                      @bunnyhero @ernie Oh thank you for this article! I am still totally confused, but at least I have a human-written article to verify that it's definitely not just me.

                      michael_w_busch@mastodon.onlineM 1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • sundogplanets@mastodon.socialS sundogplanets@mastodon.social

                        What the actual fuck is this email?!??!!!

                        tsupasat@infosec.exchangeT This user is from outside of this forum
                        tsupasat@infosec.exchangeT This user is from outside of this forum
                        tsupasat@infosec.exchange
                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                        #26

                        @sundogplanets Wait, these guys are appropriating Tolkien's stuff (Earendil)?! Is this a Peter Thiel venture? I hate this trend so much: Palantir (surveillance), Anduril (war robots), and Earendil now destroying natural night. It's all so dystopian.

                        tsupasat@infosec.exchangeT ghostonthehalfshell@masto.aiG 2 Replies Last reply
                        0
                        • tsupasat@infosec.exchangeT tsupasat@infosec.exchange

                          @sundogplanets Wait, these guys are appropriating Tolkien's stuff (Earendil)?! Is this a Peter Thiel venture? I hate this trend so much: Palantir (surveillance), Anduril (war robots), and Earendil now destroying natural night. It's all so dystopian.

                          tsupasat@infosec.exchangeT This user is from outside of this forum
                          tsupasat@infosec.exchangeT This user is from outside of this forum
                          tsupasat@infosec.exchange
                          wrote sidst redigeret af
                          #27

                          @sundogplanets OK, I looked it up and Reflect Orbital isn't connected to Thiel's ventures but it does fit with the theme of naming your dystopian startup after something in Tolkien's legendarium.

                          sundogplanets@mastodon.socialS ghostonthehalfshell@masto.aiG 2 Replies Last reply
                          0
                          • tsupasat@infosec.exchangeT tsupasat@infosec.exchange

                            @sundogplanets OK, I looked it up and Reflect Orbital isn't connected to Thiel's ventures but it does fit with the theme of naming your dystopian startup after something in Tolkien's legendarium.

                            sundogplanets@mastodon.socialS This user is from outside of this forum
                            sundogplanets@mastodon.socialS This user is from outside of this forum
                            sundogplanets@mastodon.social
                            wrote sidst redigeret af
                            #28

                            @tsupasat Yeah, I hate them. I wish Tolkien's estate would sue some techbros.

                            tsupasat@infosec.exchangeT 1 Reply Last reply
                            0
                            • sundogplanets@mastodon.socialS sundogplanets@mastodon.social

                              @tsupasat Yeah, I hate them. I wish Tolkien's estate would sue some techbros.

                              tsupasat@infosec.exchangeT This user is from outside of this forum
                              tsupasat@infosec.exchangeT This user is from outside of this forum
                              tsupasat@infosec.exchange
                              wrote sidst redigeret af
                              #29

                              @sundogplanets It makes me think how angry Tolkien himself was that the Nazis co-opted the Germanic myths to serve their purposes. Tolkien would absolutely hate these companies.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              0
                              • angusm@mastodon.socialA angusm@mastodon.social

                                @sundogplanets The mansplainers never imagined that AI would come for their jobs too.

                                bransonturner@mastodon.socialB This user is from outside of this forum
                                bransonturner@mastodon.socialB This user is from outside of this forum
                                bransonturner@mastodon.social
                                wrote sidst redigeret af
                                #30

                                @angusm @sundogplanets the mansplaining-as-a-service sector.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                0
                                • angusm@mastodon.socialA angusm@mastodon.social

                                  @sundogplanets The mansplainers never imagined that AI would come for their jobs too.

                                  irenerd@col.socialI This user is from outside of this forum
                                  irenerd@col.socialI This user is from outside of this forum
                                  irenerd@col.social
                                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                                  #31

                                  @angusm @sundogplanets 🤣🤪

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  0
                                  • sundogplanets@mastodon.socialS sundogplanets@mastodon.social

                                    What the actual fuck is this email?!??!!!

                                    ghostonthehalfshell@masto.aiG This user is from outside of this forum
                                    ghostonthehalfshell@masto.aiG This user is from outside of this forum
                                    ghostonthehalfshell@masto.ai
                                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                                    #32

                                    @sundogplanets

                                    Phishing spam?

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    0
                                    • angusm@mastodon.socialA angusm@mastodon.social

                                      @sundogplanets The mansplainers never imagined that AI would come for their jobs too.

                                      davidtheeviloverlord@mastodon.socialD This user is from outside of this forum
                                      davidtheeviloverlord@mastodon.socialD This user is from outside of this forum
                                      davidtheeviloverlord@mastodon.social
                                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                                      #33

                                      @angusm @sundogplanets

                                      The worst example of mansplaining I have seen was a man trying to tell a woman gynecologist the "correct" name for part of a woman's reproductive organs, utterly convinced his vibe-coded feels mattered more than her degree.

                                      If "A.I" is coming for his job, it will need to be totally ignorant of human biology, and *checks notes, sees "A.I." has identified a woman's heel as a vagina* oh, right. Seems a bit overqualified.

                                      ghostonthehalfshell@masto.aiG 1 Reply Last reply
                                      0
                                      • sundogplanets@mastodon.socialS sundogplanets@mastodon.social

                                        Thinking about this a bit more, the reason that this confuses me so much is that it's not asking me for anything. It's not the spam I'm used to that's trying to scam money. It's like... it's trying to be helpful (in the most mansplainy way possible, but whatever). But it's a program, a racist pile of linear algebra (as "The AI Con" so beautifully puts it).

                                        Is it trying to get me to reply and train on my email responses? This is so fucking weird.

                                        Anyway, fuck AI, time to snuggle goats.

                                        ghostonthehalfshell@masto.aiG This user is from outside of this forum
                                        ghostonthehalfshell@masto.aiG This user is from outside of this forum
                                        ghostonthehalfshell@masto.ai
                                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                                        #34

                                        @sundogplanets

                                        Agenticsplainy?

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        0
                                        • tsupasat@infosec.exchangeT tsupasat@infosec.exchange

                                          @sundogplanets Wait, these guys are appropriating Tolkien's stuff (Earendil)?! Is this a Peter Thiel venture? I hate this trend so much: Palantir (surveillance), Anduril (war robots), and Earendil now destroying natural night. It's all so dystopian.

                                          ghostonthehalfshell@masto.aiG This user is from outside of this forum
                                          ghostonthehalfshell@masto.aiG This user is from outside of this forum
                                          ghostonthehalfshell@masto.ai
                                          wrote sidst redigeret af
                                          #35

                                          @tsupasat @sundogplanets

                                          Of course.

                                          https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pBbDxDOV6J4

                                          tsupasat@infosec.exchangeT 1 Reply Last reply
                                          0
                                          Svar
                                          • Svar som emne
                                          Login for at svare
                                          • Ældste til nyeste
                                          • Nyeste til ældste
                                          • Most Votes


                                          • Log ind

                                          • Login or register to search.
                                          Powered by NodeBB Contributors
                                          Graciously hosted by data.coop
                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Hjem
                                          • Seneste
                                          • Etiketter
                                          • Populære
                                          • Verden
                                          • Bruger
                                          • Grupper