What the actual fuck is this email?!??!!!
-
Thinking about this a bit more, the reason that this confuses me so much is that it's not asking me for anything. It's not the spam I'm used to that's trying to scam money. It's like... it's trying to be helpful (in the most mansplainy way possible, but whatever). But it's a program, a racist pile of linear algebra (as "The AI Con" so beautifully puts it).
Is it trying to get me to reply and train on my email responses? This is so fucking weird.
Anyway, fuck AI, time to snuggle goats.
Agenticsplainy?
-
@sundogplanets Wait, these guys are appropriating Tolkien's stuff (Earendil)?! Is this a Peter Thiel venture? I hate this trend so much: Palantir (surveillance), Anduril (war robots), and Earendil now destroying natural night. It's all so dystopian.
-
What the actual fuck is this email?!??!!!
Kai Tang got kicked from ByteDance and turned around and created... Whatever this thing is.
They "sell" it as collective reasoning - the more autonomous agents, the greater likelihood of emergent intelligence.
But um... Collective reasoning isn't really harnessable for anything much. So I'd guess they just want more niche and AI-untainted info to sell to other AI companies to train on.
-
Thinking about this a bit more, the reason that this confuses me so much is that it's not asking me for anything. It's not the spam I'm used to that's trying to scam money. It's like... it's trying to be helpful (in the most mansplainy way possible, but whatever). But it's a program, a racist pile of linear algebra (as "The AI Con" so beautifully puts it).
Is it trying to get me to reply and train on my email responses? This is so fucking weird.
Anyway, fuck AI, time to snuggle goats.
@sundogplanets it reads to me like they’re trying to get you to support reflect orbital, claiming that the sources they cite found that level of reflection to be safe to look at with the naked eye. Maybe even just to maximize the paper trail of those claims, an escalation of a much older public influence tactic
-
@sundogplanets OK, I looked it up and Reflect Orbital isn't connected to Thiel's ventures but it does fit with the theme of naming your dystopian startup after something in Tolkien's legendarium.
The connection would be through Sequoia capital, the VC firm Peter Thiel has his fingers in. The principles have their sticky PayPal mafia fingers everywhere in it. Silicon Valley venture capital Silicon Valley is very very cozy country club
-
The worst example of mansplaining I have seen was a man trying to tell a woman gynecologist the "correct" name for part of a woman's reproductive organs, utterly convinced his vibe-coded feels mattered more than her degree.
If "A.I" is coming for his job, it will need to be totally ignorant of human biology, and *checks notes, sees "A.I." has identified a woman's heel as a vagina* oh, right. Seems a bit overqualified.
@davidtheeviloverlord @angusm @sundogplanets
I can’t wait until his urologist turns everything over to AI
-
@sundogplanets it reads to me like they’re trying to get you to support reflect orbital, claiming that the sources they cite found that level of reflection to be safe to look at with the naked eye. Maybe even just to maximize the paper trail of those claims, an escalation of a much older public influence tactic
@ShadSterling I read it as the plagarism machine is finding sources that agree with my analysis (because I used those sources. I'm actually not sure what the point is here. It's literally all in that article)
-
@GhostOnTheHalfShell @sundogplanets Oh that’s perfect parody!
-
@chillikebab @angusm @sundogplanets I like this. Data centers can be maasives, prompts can be maasks, and the (verbose) Maas responses can be maasive missives.
-
Thinking about this a bit more, the reason that this confuses me so much is that it's not asking me for anything. It's not the spam I'm used to that's trying to scam money. It's like... it's trying to be helpful (in the most mansplainy way possible, but whatever). But it's a program, a racist pile of linear algebra (as "The AI Con" so beautifully puts it).
Is it trying to get me to reply and train on my email responses? This is so fucking weird.
Anyway, fuck AI, time to snuggle goats.
@sundogplanets I’m soooo here for the “Fuck AI. Snuggle Goats.” t-shirts to help fund your work.


-
Ok last post stewing about this: I just looked more carefully and pretty much all of the citations are wrong in some strange way. But they're all clearly based on citations that I've used in writing.
Don't use genAI for science, kids.
-
What the actual fuck is this email?!??!!!
-
Thinking about this a bit more, the reason that this confuses me so much is that it's not asking me for anything. It's not the spam I'm used to that's trying to scam money. It's like... it's trying to be helpful (in the most mansplainy way possible, but whatever). But it's a program, a racist pile of linear algebra (as "The AI Con" so beautifully puts it).
Is it trying to get me to reply and train on my email responses? This is so fucking weird.
Anyway, fuck AI, time to snuggle goats.
@sundogplanets Maybe send back as much garbage text as your email provider will let you! If it does process it, it will cost them lots of money!
-
@sundogplanets I’m soooo here for the “Fuck AI. Snuggle Goats.” t-shirts to help fund your work.


@britt OHHHH that's such a good idea!! Sign me up for that t-shirt!
-
What the actual fuck is this email?!??!!!
@sundogplanets suitable for lining a bird cage, or starting a BBQ
-
@ShadSterling I read it as the plagarism machine is finding sources that agree with my analysis (because I used those sources. I'm actually not sure what the point is here. It's literally all in that article)
@sundogplanets @ShadSterling So AI agent is plagiarizing your article to do a fact check of the same article? I don’t understand it either. I am not a tech bro
-
@sundogplanets What lovely ears they have!
-
@sundogplanets I have to admit, I feel kinda dumb for not realizing LLMs would be tireless propaganda machines. slopaganda
That's their primary function. Jamming real communications with floods of mindless noise, pushing whatever agenda the technofascists like. Leading everybody down their own personal cultish rabbithole in that sea of incomprehensible lies.
...While analyzing what everyone is saying (check out the recent articles about how Anthropic is charging $2 to de-anonymize any Reddit account, for example) and "summarizing" who's a good little consumer and who's going to be targeted for much worse things than advertising.
-
Ok last post stewing about this: I just looked more carefully and pretty much all of the citations are wrong in some strange way. But they're all clearly based on citations that I've used in writing.
Don't use genAI for science, kids.
@sundogplanets three words too many in that last sentence.
-
@britt OHHHH that's such a good idea!! Sign me up for that t-shirt!
@sundogplanets @britt Oooh, or maybe embroider it on a fleece neck warmer, so you can pull the text up over your mouth as you stomp out to the barn in winter?
all the way down, and that’s why wankers love
it so much!