A French trial found that tilting solar panels flat over nectarine trees on nights when frost is forecast warmed the flower buds by up to 1.7 degrees Celsius, and during the frost that caused damage, flower injury fell from 35 percent to under 10 percent
-
A French trial found that tilting solar panels flat over nectarine trees on nights when frost is forecast warmed the flower buds by up to 1.7 degrees Celsius, and during the frost that caused damage, flower injury fell from 35 percent to under 10 percent
https://scienceblog.com/n-french-nectarine-trial-tests-tilting-solar-panels-as-a-frost-shield/
-
A French trial found that tilting solar panels flat over nectarine trees on nights when frost is forecast warmed the flower buds by up to 1.7 degrees Celsius, and during the frost that caused damage, flower injury fell from 35 percent to under 10 percent
https://scienceblog.com/n-french-nectarine-trial-tests-tilting-solar-panels-as-a-frost-shield/
Amazing how much heat ftom the ground can radiate to space at night.
-
A French trial found that tilting solar panels flat over nectarine trees on nights when frost is forecast warmed the flower buds by up to 1.7 degrees Celsius, and during the frost that caused damage, flower injury fell from 35 percent to under 10 percent
https://scienceblog.com/n-french-nectarine-trial-tests-tilting-solar-panels-as-a-frost-shield/
@bielsubob I honestly think this is how we get more solar adoption, convince farmers it's in their best interest, and they can sell the energy.
I grew up in a very rural conservative area, small towns all the way (I got out, and got better). But farmers are NOT stupid, conservative, but not stupid. They will embrace any tech that helps on the farm, they will implement complex systems, and maintain them, and if we can show them that Solar is a value add, and increases yields...
-
@bielsubob I honestly think this is how we get more solar adoption, convince farmers it's in their best interest, and they can sell the energy.
I grew up in a very rural conservative area, small towns all the way (I got out, and got better). But farmers are NOT stupid, conservative, but not stupid. They will embrace any tech that helps on the farm, they will implement complex systems, and maintain them, and if we can show them that Solar is a value add, and increases yields...
-
A French trial found that tilting solar panels flat over nectarine trees on nights when frost is forecast warmed the flower buds by up to 1.7 degrees Celsius, and during the frost that caused damage, flower injury fell from 35 percent to under 10 percent
https://scienceblog.com/n-french-nectarine-trial-tests-tilting-solar-panels-as-a-frost-shield/
@bielsubob Agrivoltaics can be a win-win. There's also aquavoltaics (fish farms). It makes wool better when in sheep pastures.
Just not goats. Never goats. -
A French trial found that tilting solar panels flat over nectarine trees on nights when frost is forecast warmed the flower buds by up to 1.7 degrees Celsius, and during the frost that caused damage, flower injury fell from 35 percent to under 10 percent
https://scienceblog.com/n-french-nectarine-trial-tests-tilting-solar-panels-as-a-frost-shield/
@bielsubob I am very sorry to say*: This is AI Slop. https://futurism.com/artificial-intelligence/brown-brothers-media-ai-slop-empire
---
* Mind you: I am a huge fan of AgriPV (see the pinned post with my last report -- in German though).
-
J jwcph@helvede.net shared this topic