๐ New Jellyfin release: 12.0!
-
New Jellyfin release: 12.0!We are pleased to announce the latest stable release of Jellyfin, version 12.0! This major release brings many new features, improvements, and bugfixes to improve your Jellyfin experience. As always, please ensure you take a full backup before upgrading!
You can find all the details in our blog post on the release (https://jellyfin.org/posts/jellyfin-release-12.0). And please please please read the blog post!
@jellyfin does it have PIN logins for different profiles yet? That's a deal breaker for people with kids.
-
The full changelogs are in the GitHub releases for the server repository (https://github.com/jellyfin/jellyfin/releases/tag/v12.0) and the web repository (https://github.com/jellyfin/jellyfin-web/releases/tag/v12.0).
Discuss further on our forums: https://forum.jellyfin.org/t-new-jellyfin-server-web-release-12-0
@jellyfin FYI, the links to the tags in the announcement blog post don't work (they each have a trailing ".0")
-
New Jellyfin release: 12.0!We are pleased to announce the latest stable release of Jellyfin, version 12.0! This major release brings many new features, improvements, and bugfixes to improve your Jellyfin experience. As always, please ensure you take a full backup before upgrading!
You can find all the details in our blog post on the release (https://jellyfin.org/posts/jellyfin-release-12.0). And please please please read the blog post!
@jellyfin Thanks for breaking a working 10.11.x installation. Very poor QA testing, IMHO!
-
New Jellyfin release: 12.0!We are pleased to announce the latest stable release of Jellyfin, version 12.0! This major release brings many new features, improvements, and bugfixes to improve your Jellyfin experience. As always, please ensure you take a full backup before upgrading!
You can find all the details in our blog post on the release (https://jellyfin.org/posts/jellyfin-release-12.0). And please please please read the blog post!
@jellyfin Thanks for your hard work. The update went through flawlessly. I kept up with all your preliminary announcements, so I knew this was going to be a big change. Nevertheless, I didn't take any precautionary steps. I do have nightly backups, so nothing would be lost. But from what I can tell everything works perfectly fine.

-
@jellyfin Thanks for your hard work. The update went through flawlessly. I kept up with all your preliminary announcements, so I knew this was going to be a big change. Nevertheless, I didn't take any precautionary steps. I do have nightly backups, so nothing would be lost. But from what I can tell everything works perfectly fine.

@irgndsondepp You are braver than me
Glad everything went well! -
New Jellyfin release: 12.0!We are pleased to announce the latest stable release of Jellyfin, version 12.0! This major release brings many new features, improvements, and bugfixes to improve your Jellyfin experience. As always, please ensure you take a full backup before upgrading!
You can find all the details in our blog post on the release (https://jellyfin.org/posts/jellyfin-release-12.0). And please please please read the blog post!
@jellyfin Grateful for your hard work. However, the macOS version appears to be "dev" (JellyfinDesktop-2.0.0-dev-x86_64) and crashes upon opening. This happens as soon as I "open anyway".
I'm on Monterey (12.7.6).
-
@jellyfin Grateful for your hard work. However, the macOS version appears to be "dev" (JellyfinDesktop-2.0.0-dev-x86_64) and crashes upon opening. This happens as soon as I "open anyway".
I'm on Monterey (12.7.6).
@settima @jellyfin you're downloading a beta version of the desktop app. Not the server. You can find server downloads for MacOS here: https://repo.jellyfin.org/?path=/server/macos/latest-stable
-
@settima @jellyfin you're downloading a beta version of the desktop app. Not the server. You can find server downloads for MacOS here: https://repo.jellyfin.org/?path=/server/macos/latest-stable
@hetisniels Ah oops, I followed a link in the preliminary post instead. Thank you.
-
@hetisniels Ah oops, I followed a link in the preliminary post instead. Thank you.
At a glance the update broke some of my custom css, also in legacy mode, but otherwise looks fine.
-
New Jellyfin release: 12.0!We are pleased to announce the latest stable release of Jellyfin, version 12.0! This major release brings many new features, improvements, and bugfixes to improve your Jellyfin experience. As always, please ensure you take a full backup before upgrading!
You can find all the details in our blog post on the release (https://jellyfin.org/posts/jellyfin-release-12.0). And please please please read the blog post!
@jellyfin let me guess... another price increase?

-
-
New Jellyfin release: 12.0!We are pleased to announce the latest stable release of Jellyfin, version 12.0! This major release brings many new features, improvements, and bugfixes to improve your Jellyfin experience. As always, please ensure you take a full backup before upgrading!
You can find all the details in our blog post on the release (https://jellyfin.org/posts/jellyfin-release-12.0). And please please please read the blog post!
Thanks for all the hard work behind this release! The update from 10.11.11 to 12.0 went completely smoothly on my end โ no issues at all. Appreciate the solid work.
-
@irgndsondepp You are braver than me
Glad everything went well!@chris Brave or reckless?

Despite all the warnings, I still run Watchtowerr and have all my Docker images updated nightly when new releases come out.
I did read the release notes with the harsh warning, but only after everything was said and done.
But I could have rolled back easily if anything went wrong and in all the years I maybe had two or three notable problems with automated updates. For me it's worth the reduced maintenance effort. -
S strit@mastodon.social shared this topic