My sister is an emergency doctor in a deep "blue" (aka right-wing) area in Germany, and she sent me this photo of a button she and her colleagues are wearing when on duty: "Your are safe with me."
-
@radio4392 how did you develop that idea?
“I eat rice” does not mean I won’t eat anything else.
Work on your reading comprehension skills.
@blondy -
@radio4392 You really didn’t have to present yourself as an asshole in public with this reply.
-
My sister is an emergency doctor in a deep "blue" (aka right-wing) area in Germany, and she sent me this photo of a button she and her colleagues are wearing when on duty: "Your are safe with me." on a Progress Pride flag.
This is so awesome!
Please pass on my heartfelt thanks to your sister and colleagues from an old white cis man.
-
My sister is an emergency doctor in a deep "blue" (aka right-wing) area in Germany, and she sent me this photo of a button she and her colleagues are wearing when on duty: "Your are safe with me." on a Progress Pride flag.
This is so awesome!
-
@radio4392 You really didn’t have to present yourself as an asshole in public with this reply.
@hypolite @radio4392@catodon.rocks No, but I love it when people voluntarily show themselves as someone to block with "all lives matter" replies like that.
-
@CyclesSmiles @blondy I strongly belief in the right to freedom of thought and religion but if what you believe in goes against the values of society at large and hinders the rights of others it should be your problem. Go find a job where you don't have to deal with others.
Freedom of religion, even in the most progressive societies, still functions in one direction only.
Can't deal with queer folk? Don't be a medical professional, don't have a shop, don't do anything that requires you to interact with and help others.
That's not a burden society places on you, that's the burden you placed on yourself.
(yours is not a boomer sentiment by the way, it's the sentiment of any decent person)
@thisislieven @CyclesSmiles There is unfortunately no rule preventing racist or queerphobic assholes from becoming doctors. (Look up "Morbus mediterraneus", as a starter.) If you appear straight or white enough to them, you'll probably never notice.
@blondy This *is* awesome. My gratitude to your sister and her colleagues!

-
@blondy Unrelated, but I can’t read “Notarzt” without first wrongly translating to “Not-a-doctor”. I figure out what it means, eventually.
-
@blondy can one buy those buttons somewhere?
@caraplayingstuff Not actually sure. She said one of her colleagues showed up with a couple of them. I'll ask her if she knows where she had them from.
-
@blondy Very cool and important!
I hope they don't get in trouble with the blue brownies because of that.@elminuto Yeah, me too. But I guess among her colleagues that is okay, or at least there are enough wearing the button that it sends a clear signal.
And if a fascist or other hater prefers not to be helped by an emergeny doctor wearing such a button, well... -
Cool!

🫶
But I agree with the others that it's sad it's not a matter of course that everyone is safe with healthcare professionals..In case you know this:
Does everyone have to wear a lab coat that says “Notarzt,” or are there also options like “Notärztin” or “Notärzt*in"?
@Lalelilolu I don't know. That is a really good question! I vaguely remember her telling me something about this. I will ask that again, I'm also curious now.
-
@caraplayingstuff Not actually sure. She said one of her colleagues showed up with a couple of them. I'll ask her if she knows where she had them from.
@caraplayingstuff Apparently somebody else already knew:
https://mastodon.social/@dmian/117416521465537678 -
@blondy Unrelated, but I can’t read “Notarzt” without first wrongly translating to “Not-a-doctor”. I figure out what it means, eventually.
-
@blondy You can get them as enamel pins and lanyards too!

-
@oliverboehme @blondy Typically, the US uses the opposite system to pretty much every other country in the world.
@Nickiquote @oliverboehme @blondy But Americans know the "red scare"
-
Cool!

🫶
But I agree with the others that it's sad it's not a matter of course that everyone is safe with healthcare professionals..In case you know this:
Does everyone have to wear a lab coat that says “Notarzt,” or are there also options like “Notärztin” or “Notärzt*in"?
@Lalelilolu @blondy I wonder, *if* there is the option to use gender-neutral language whether there are allowed and prohibited forms (e.g. gender star might be allowed while Y suffix might be prohibited)

-
My sister is an emergency doctor in a deep "blue" (aka right-wing) area in Germany, and she sent me this photo of a button she and her colleagues are wearing when on duty: "Your are safe with me." on a Progress Pride flag.
This is so awesome!
@blondy Hey, Paramedic here, from a luckily not yet so blue state (BW) and I am also wearing one of these pins on my uniform, for the same reason. More and more people are becoming hostile towards queer folks while others stay ignorant, and I sadly feel like I need to signal to them that I am not one of the assholes or the uneducated and they can share their issues without me judging them at all.
-
@blondy the cynical me asks how long will it take for disciplinary actions to be taken against them for politicizing the work environment.
@juliank @blondy Depends on where you're working. My workplace has explicitly allowed us to wear pins like that, since their message is totally aligned with the first principle of the red cross movement: Humanity. The rainbow and the statement "you are safe with me" are not political, but a confession to non-negotiable human rights and a statement that you are a trustworthy person, which is an ideal that all Red Cross members are told to uphold.
-
My sister is an emergency doctor in a deep "blue" (aka right-wing) area in Germany, and she sent me this photo of a button she and her colleagues are wearing when on duty: "Your are safe with me." on a Progress Pride flag.
This is so awesome!
@blondy I've been in hospital w/ a friend. He was addressed w/ the wrong pronouns, dead name ones, constantly. Then he was not asked, if he was in pain for 3 hours, was not treated well, not respected. When in pain and fear one needs ppl to be nice. The nurse said, "yes, I know, that's the fashion. All of them want to be another sex now. But not with me." Want to be...
In this situation, even more disgusting, because he was depending on the nurse. -
@caraplayingstuff @dmian @blondy
I bought some stuff in this German shop: https://regenbogen-online.de/Pride-Anstecker-YOU-ARE-SAFE-WITH-ME-LGBTQ-Anstecker-30mm -
@caraplayingstuff @dmian @blondy
I bought some stuff in this German shop: https://regenbogen-online.de/Pride-Anstecker-YOU-ARE-SAFE-WITH-ME-LGBTQ-Anstecker-30mm@caraplayingstuff @dmian @blondy
You can also find very nice pins and other accessoires at the @blackmosquito shop: https://black-mosquito.org/de/accessoires/buttons.html




