@GossiTheDog id like to see one of those logo trends mockups. All these gonna end up as nondescript pastel blobs.
Pastel rainbow = AI
@GossiTheDog id like to see one of those logo trends mockups. All these gonna end up as nondescript pastel blobs.
Pastel rainbow = AI
@GrapheneOS Look, I appreciate the work you do, but I don’t understand the fixation on the web browser. There’s plenty of vectors that utilise native apps and local lookup.
But what do I know, I only work in TSCM.
@jonny
@GrapheneOS Or you could argue that these are fundamentals. You can choose not to use apps, browsers, etc. You can’t choose not to use the battery or network.
@zzt @kde @davidgerard why would they? GNOME hadn’t been ruined yet 🤭
@zzt @kde @davidgerard what I don’t understand about that statement, is people DO actively choose KDE because it is the best DE for many people. Forcing AI into it would mean an exodus of those same people and the project would die.
I’ve no idea why KDE would even entertain such nonsense at their own *official* conference, and it actively harms the project and brand.
Sometimes there aren’t two sides to an issue, this is one of those times.
If they want software they can talk to and befriend, in lieu of people, sure, no judgement. Go make it.
Maybe though, the desktop environment isn’t the platform for it… that’s kind of a major pivot. And KDE is associated with it. After all they must have accepted the RFP and thought “yeah, great idea, crack on”.